• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

uv vs. MD

blazheirio889

Banned
Pronoun
she
[size=+2]Music Dragon vs ultraviolet[/size]

ultraviolet said:
This is a challenge for Music Dragon!
Format: 4 vs 4, single
Style: Switch
DQ: Two weeks
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Chills 3/Pokemon
Arena Description: Tiny Island
This small island is only the size of a tennis court, covered in soft white sand and dotted with a few coconut trees. The island is surrounded by a cool, blue ocean. Buoys are marked around the island 100m from the shore, and mark the arena's boundary. It's a clear, warm day, and Sunny Day is in effect.
Additional Rules: Coconuts can be thrown at an opponent for 2% typeless damage, but they first need to be acquired by either spending an action shaking or climbing to the top of a tree.

Music Dragon's active squad

swablu Strawberry Macaroons the female Swablu <Natural Cure>
steelix Pravus the male Steelix <Rock Head>
exeggcute Doctor Proctor the male Exeggcute <Chlorophyll>
aerodactyl The Beast the male Aerodactyl <Pressure>
whiscash Goach the male Whiscash <Oblivious>
solrock Enoch the genderless Solrock <Levitate>
exeggcute Pizza Man the male Exeggcute <Chlorophyll>
lunatone Dumb as Rock the genderless Lunatone <Levitate>

ultraviolet's active squad

rapidash Seven the male Rapidash <Flash Fire>
nidoqueen Djurprinsessa the female Nidoqueen <Rivalry>
snorunt Tilda Swinton the female Snorunt <Ice Body> @ Dawn Stone
mawile Button the female Mawile <Hyper Cutter>
petilil Pirella the female Petilil <Own Tempo> @ Sun Stone
blitzle Lucky Day the female Blitzle <Lightning Rod>
horsea Wild Card the male Horsea <Sniper> @ Dragon Scale
venipede Birthday Cake the female Venipede <Poison Point> @ Eviolite
goomy Pêche Melba the female Goomy <Gooey>
skrelp Depothys the female Skrelp <Poison Touch>

MD sends out first.
uv sends out and issues commands.
MD issues commands.

Oh! I send out Enoch, my Solrock. Unfortunately he does not have his superpowers yet!! This battle takes place in another timeline I guess.

okay, let's go Djurprinsessa.

nidoqueen

Let's get this out of the way - Smack Down, as soon as you can. I'm having none of this 'levitate' nonsense. Once you Smack Down, follow with Bulldoze. If Enoch is protecting or using Light Screen, use Brick Break.

Smack Down/Brick Break ~ Smack Down/Bulldoze/Brick Break ~ Smack Down/Bulldoze/Brick Break

I'm-a Wario, I'm-a gonna win! Here I go!

I'm having none of this "not Levitate" nonsense. Use Telekinesis to raise her into the air, then follow up with Will-O-Wisp. Finally, since you'll probably be smacked down all on the floor by now, you should use Rock Polish to give yourself some extra speed for rolling around. Nyoom!

Telekinesis ~ Will-O-Wisp ~ Rock Polish

ultraviolet said:
This small island is only the size of a tennis court, covered in soft white sand and dotted with a few coconut trees. The island is surrounded by a cool, blue ocean. Buoys are marked around the island 100m from the shore, and mark the arena's boundary. It's a clear, warm day, and Sunny Day is in effect.
Additional Rules: Coconuts can be thrown at an opponent for 2% typeless damage, but they first need to be acquired by either spending an action shaking or climbing to the top of a tree.
After a lengthy involuntary vacation, the ASB League finally reopened, and the first challenge pinned to the challenge board was to be held on an island suited for a vacation for one. Perfect. The metal dragon ref ripped the notice off the board and waddled home to pack her bags.

A few days later, she, along with the two battlers, was teleported to the tiny island by a League-owned Abra. While the battlers took their positions and considered what Pokemon to send out, the ref wandered off to the side and pulled a beach chair from an improbably small backpack. She sprawled inelegantly across the chair, face tipped into the sunlight and wings spread wide, in hopes of offsetting how pale she was from normally sitting inside all day. Whether metal dragons could actually tan was another problem.

By then the battlers were ready to begin. From ultraviolet’s Pokeball emerged a Nidoqueen, who immediately squinted in displeasure and shielded her eyes from the burning sun. Meanwhile, Music Dragon’s Solrock didn’t appear to be inconvenienced in the slightest. It simply bobbed slowly in the air, waiting for the referee’s signal. She waved a wing, and the battle began.

Round One

ultraviolet (OOOO)

nidoqueen
Djurprinsessa (F) <Rivalry>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Smack Down/Brick Break ~ Smack Down/Bulldoze/Brick Break ~ Smack Down/Bulldoze/Brick Break

Music Dragon (OOOO)

Solrock
Enoch (X) <Levitate>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Telekinesis ~ Will-o-Wisp ~ Rock Polish

Djurprinsessa searched for a rock to throw at Enoch, but the island was covered only in fine sand. Perhaps there would be a few in the water? She ran to the shore and peered into the crystal clear sea, delighted to find a few rocks that would serve her purpose. No sooner than she had scooped one up, she felt a gentle upward tug, and that was the only warning she had before she was thrown into the air with a loud yelp.

While Djurprinsessa had been searching, Enoch had been concentrating its psychic powers so it could lift its opponent. Djurprinsessa was flung about five feet upwards before she began to descend, and she braced herself for the impact – only to stop abruptly about three feet from the sand. She struggled in the air for a moment, finding the feeling of floating to be positively unnerving, before giving up and lobbing her stone at Enoch in retaliation. It broke off the top of one of its rocky protrusions, disrupting the Solrock’s balance, and it tipped dramatically before falling into the sand.

Djurprinsessa’s triumphant grin quickly slid off her face when she realized how difficult it would be to carry out her next commands. Flailing around awkwardly, she managed to right herself, then lashed at the ground with her tail with as much force as she could muster. Only about half her tail managed to connect, and the weak impact was further reduced as the Bulldoze traveled through the soft sand. Enoch was jostled around slightly and it let out a noise that sounded remarkably like a fart, but overall didn’t appear to be too inconvenienced.

With a great deal of effort, Enoch spun itself around in the sand until it was facing Djurprinsessa. An eerie mote of blue flame began to form in front of its face and, when it was about the size of a tennis ball, weaved off erratically towards Djurprinsessa. Unable to do much but flail about, Djurprinsessa took the Will-o-Wisp on her belly. The white-hot flame left an ugly burn mark, and she cringed.

Again Djurprinsessa tried to thump her tail against the ground, but the resulting wave was even weaker this time because the pain from the burn punished any sudden movements. Enoch lay there passively as the ground around it quivered. Once it was over, it spun rapidly in the sand, letting the grains rub at its rocky body and wear away at the rough edges. This left it slightly smoother and shinier, though for the most part it just polished away the grit that Djurprinsessa’s Bulldozes had showered on Enoch.

A few moments after Enoch stopped spinning, the psychic power that held Djurprinsessa aloft abruptly vanished, and she fell unceremoniously towards the sand, hitting it chin-first. With a grunt she stood up and brushed the sand off of herself.

ultraviolet (OOOO)

nidoqueen
Health: 98%
Energy: 90%
Status: Glad to feel her feet on the ground again. Burned (1%/action).

Music Dragon (OOOO)

Solrock
Enoch (X) <Levitate>
Health: 87%
Energy: 91%

Terrain notes
It is sunny.

Final notes
Music Dragon attacks first next round.
Since Djurprinsessa had to look for a rock for Smack Down, I treated it as decreased priority.
Bulldoze’s base power was halved because Djurprinsessa couldn’t reach the ground very well. They still lowered speed, though.
First reffing since reopening! Feels good to be back. Probably rusty, so please speak up if I screwed anything up.

Okay Enoch, I've thought of a brilliant strategy, one that we'll be using a lot from now on. It requires you to gotta go fast. Use Rock Polish as much as you can! But if Djurprinsessa attacks you or stops you from doing it, fry her brains with Psychic. That should deter her!

Rock Polish / Psychic ~ Rock Polish / Psychic ~ Rock Polish / Psychic

ok well i'm not that interested in you getting hit by psychic, so i guess for now, dig underground and sit there for a bit. since enoch is absolutely invested in being faster than you for some reason, might as well use curse twice.

Dig (down) ~ Curse ~ Curse

ultraviolet said:

Round Two

ultraviolet (OOOO)

nidoqueen
Health: 98%
Energy: 90%
Status: Glad to feel her feet on the ground again. Burned (1%/action).
Commands: Dig (down) ~ Curse ~ Curse

Music Dragon (OOOO)

Solrock
Enoch (X) <Levitate>
Energy: 91%
Commands: Rock Polish/Psychic ~ Rock Polish/Psychic ~ Rock Polish/Psychic

Djurprinsessa attacked the sand at her feet with vigour, intent on escaping Enoch’s psychic wrath before it could start. It would also be a lot harder to lift her back in the air if she was in the ground rather than simply standing on it. The going was slow, because sand kept trickling back into the hole when Djurprinsessa pushed it aside, but progress sped up when she reached wet sand that held up better. When she was satisfied with the distance between herself and her opponent, Djurprinsessa sat back, panting.

Meanwhile, Enoch was completely unperturbed by the disappearance of its opponent. Instead, it began to slowly spin in the sand again. One had to wonder if Solrock ever got dizzy. The referee peered at Enoch with one eyebrow raised, expecting it to stop soon, but Enoch only sped up. Grains of sand rubbed furiously against the Solrock’s rocky hide as it spun, the movement driving it ever further into the sand. Soon only the topmost rock spur, still spinning away, was visible, but hey. At least it was shiny.

Underground, Djurprinsessa was doing some boosting of her own. She closed her eyes and muttered to herself the words of an arcane ritual which, for the record, contained no swear words. The mystical mantra brought her to ancient times, when life was less fast-paced but required more physical tenacity. On and on the chanting went, and when Djurprinsessa finally opened her eyes, she felt sluggish but powerful.

After what felt like a good five minutes, Enoch finally showed signs of slowing down. There was a pause after it stopped; then it popped out of the sand dramatically, its entrance heralded by a psychic yell of “nyoom!” Enoch was now so polished that it was practically a mirror, and the trainers shrieked in discomfort as it reflected the sun’s harsh rays into their eyes.

ultraviolet (OOOO)

nidoqueen
Health: 95%
Energy: 82%
Status: Squinting lethargically. Burned (1%/action). +2 attack and defense, -2 speed.

Music Dragon (OOOO)

Solrock
Enoch (X) <Levitate>
Energy: 85%

Terrain notes
It is sunny.
There is a tunnel that goes almost straight down close to the shore.

Final notes
ultraviolet attacks first next round.
Dig cost extra energy because digging in sand is pretty difficult.

Yeah, okay, he's trying to reflect the sun into your eyes. Let's keep in his shadow for now. Dig so you're directly beneath him and erupt from the ground, pull him underneath you, and Dynamic Punch him into the hole.

I think? this will take two actions, so on your last action use Rain Dance. If digging does use up two actions, forget Rain Dance - smashing his face (head? body? idk) into the ground is our priority.

Dig ~ Dynamic Punch ~ Rain Dance

Alright alright alright! We're ready to execute the master plan, but I think we'd better wait until next round. For now, you need to avoid those attacks! Since you're 8 stages faster, and both sand-Dig and Dynamic Punch are slow moves, I think dodging them should be no problem. Just move around the island as fast as you can and do some evil gloating. (It is important that you gloat even if you get hit, as a matter of principle.)

For your last action, we have two options. If you somehow failed to dodge Djurprinsessa's attacks, you need to even things out a bit, so hit her with Psychic. Otherwise, you guys should be about even in health, so there's no need to attack; instead, Tackle a tree and get me a coconut.

Dodge ~ Dodge ~ Psychic @ Djurprinsessa / Tackle @ tree

ultraviolet said:

Round Three

ultraviolet (OOOO)

nidoqueen
Health: 95%
Energy: 82%
Status: Squinting lethargically. Burned (1%/action). +2 attack and defense, -2 speed.
Commands: Dig ~ Dynamic Punch ~ Rain Dance

Music Dragon (OOOO)

Solrock
Enoch (X) <Levitate>
Energy: 85%
Commands: dodge ~ dodge ~ Psychic/Tackle @Tree

With her newfound strength, Djurprinsessa felt more than ready to face her opponent again. She began to dig upwards, her progress slow due to both her lethargy and the sand, but steady nonetheless. Aboveground, Enoch waited, sending out a psychic field that would alert it when Djurprinsessa was close. After a few long moments it felt a sudden burst of activity below itself, so it somersaulted to the side, sending up a spray of sand as it leapt. A second later, Djurprinsessa burst out of the ground with her fist stretched out before her, obviously expecting to hit a target that was no longer there. Bewildered, she glanced around to find Enoch, temporarily forgetting to land properly. Her momentum carried her forward, causing her to land ungracefully on her chin. Enoch rocked back and forth gleefully at that.

Though Enoch was faster by a long shot, it stood still, seeming to dare Djurprinsessa to move first. The Nidoqueen clenched her fist and focused an incredible amount of energy into it, causing it to glow dangerously. Struggling not to lose control of the volatile attack, Djurprinsessa marched towards Enoch, who gave a high-pitched peep before shooting several feet away. Djurprinsessa took another few strides towards her opponent, but it zoomed away again. She tried once more – Enoch sailed over her head with a mocking nyoom! Frustrated, Djurprinsessa lashed out with a cry, but her fist was nowhere near her target. Without a victim to explode against, the energy stored in her fist fizzled away. Djurprinsessa bellowed in exasperation and put her head in her hands while Enoch rolled circles around her.

Enoch rolled around Djurprinsessa for a while longer, leaping over any half-hearted swipes of her tail, before tiring of its game and hopping towards a palm tree instead. Using its psychic powers, Enoch picked itself up and hurled itself at the trunk, shaking the tree enough to convince it to drop a coconut. The large brown fruit landed in the sand with a soft thunk.

Meanwhile, it seemed Djurprinsessa had given up trying to hit Enoch at all. She channeled her frustration to a solemn dance, twirling in circles with her arms raised beseechingly towards the sky. Clouds began to roll in, thick grey clouds with storms in their bellies. The referee groaned as her attempts at tanning were ruined. Djurprinsessa ended her dance with a deep bow, and in response the clouds opened up, unleashing a torrent of rain on the island. Djurprinsessa turned towards Enoch – perhaps rain would dampen its annoyingly bright mood – but the Solrock was happily juggling its coconut in the air, seemingly oblivious to the storm.

ultraviolet (OOOO)

nidoqueen
Health: 92%
Energy: 67%
Status: Immensely annoyed with Enoch. Burned (1%/action). +2 attack and defense, -2 speed.
Commands: Dig ~ Dynamic Punch ~ Rain Dance

Music Dragon (OOOO)

Solrock
Enoch (X) <Levitate>
Energy: 78%
Commands: dodge ~ dodge ~ Tackle @Tree

Terrain notes
It is raining (8 more actions).
There is a tunnel that goes almost straight down, curves around, and then goes almost straight up. One entrance is close to the shore, the other close to the middle of the island.
There is a fallen coconut near Enoch.

Final notes
Since Enoch is so much faster than Djurprinsessa, I put the accuracy of Dig at around 60% and the accuracy of Dynamic Punch at around 30%. Both missed.

Alright, good job! That went really well. Now, the first thing you wanna do is give me that coconut. I've already looked around and there's nothing else to eat on this island except people. Don't worry, I'll figure it out if it should come to that... but for now, just toss me that coconut.

Then, I think it's about time we executed our master plan: Beyblade! Yeeeeah!! Let it rip!! I'll sing the theme song, don't worry about that! Just do the Beyblade!!

Rock Throw (coconut @ trainer) ~ Acrobatics ~ Acrobatics

Gosh, this is pathetic. I think Enoch's probably painfully aware of the depth of his movepool: shallow. Did you know that all of his commands have pretty much amounted to 'do the same thing three times'? What a lame-o. Make sure you tell him that with Torment!

Now unfortunately you're going to have to take one of those Acrobatics, but it's okay, more fuel for your rage. Once he's done flying around like a dumbass, take your opportunity to use Dragon Tail and hurl Enoch into the sea. Not that that would be hard, because I mean, we're on an island, but I think at this point you probably want the satisfaction of hitting Enoch hard and watching him sail through the air like the rock that he is.

Anyway, I'd like to keep Enoch in the water, so while he's there, use Whirlpool so he stays there. Did you know that Solrock weigh 150 kg? Crazy how nature do that. It's not like he's going Acrobatics his way out of there, anyway, being tormented and also in a whirlpool. I'm sure someone could turn that into some kind of tortured metaphor. Whatever.

Torment ~ Dragon Tail ~ Whirlpool

ultraviolet said:

Round Four

ultraviolet (OOOO)

nidoqueen
Health: 92%
Energy: 67%
Status: Immensely annoyed with Enoch. Burned (1%/action). +2 attack and defense, -2 speed.
Commands: Torment ~ Dragon Tail ~ Whirlpool

Music Dragon (OOOO)

Solrock
Enoch (X) <Levitate>
Energy: 78%
Commands: throw coconut at trainer ~ Acrobatics ~ Acrobatics

Enoch stopped juggling its coconut, seeming hesitant to let go of its new toy so quickly. Commands were commands, however, so he reluctantly levitated it over to its trainer. Besides, the only other human on the island was ultraviolet. Enoch was pretty sure that eating an opponent trainer went against ASB regulations, and breaking the rules would result in a loss or even a complete ban. Yep, it sure had its priorities straight. Music Dragon eagerly grabbed at the coconut, salivating at the promise of food, then looked around the island for a suitable implement to crack it open with. Of course, there was nothing, and his stomach growled mightily in outrage.

Djurprinsessa laughed at the exchange. Well, wasn’t that a waste of time? All Enoch had been doing was polishing itself and dodging and lobbing coconuts around, and it had practically nothing to show for it. Better switch things up, or it was sure to lose. Oh, wait, but did it even have the movepool to switch things up? Solrock aren’t exactly known for their variety and creativity, being, y’know, rocks. And you know what they compare dumb people to? Yeah – rocks.

Seething with rage and indignation, Enoch rushed at Djurprinsessa, spinning on its side to deliver a flurry of slaps to her chin with its rocky spurs. It jumped back before Djurprinsessa could retaliate, then zipped behind her and rammed into her back, knocking her down onto her stomach. Enoch managed to squeeze in a few more blows before Djurprinsessa rolled over to use her limbs and tail to fend off her assailant. Satisfied, Enoch landed one last smack on her tail before backing off for now, allowing Djurprinsessa to stagger to her feet and take stock of her new bruises.

Thanks to her previous buffing, Djurprinsessa didn’t feel too achy. After rubbing her sore back as best as she could, she ran up to Enoch, who braced for impact. Instead of barreling into it, however, Djurprinsessa abruptly pivoted on the spot, her thick tail connecting solidly with Enoch’s core and sending him sailing away with a surprised warble. The warble turned into a screech of fear when it realized its trajectory would cause it to plummet into the ocean. Enoch landed in the hungry waters with a huge splash, and everyone on the island – with the exception of Music Dragon, who was still scrutinizing his coconut – peered anxiously at the spot where Enoch had disappeared.

A tense moment later, Enoch resurfaced, managing to hold itself afloat with its psychic powers. Luckily, since it was so heavy it landed not too far from the island’s shore. Enoch began to spin frantically, using its rocky spokes as makeshift paddles and propelling itself with bursts of psychic energy. Seeing her opponent’s progress, Djurprinsessa concentrated intensely, trying her best to stir up the relatively calm sea. Enoch felt the water tug at it and it swam even harder, desperate to get back onto land before it was too late. It managed to sink a spur into the sand and haul itself back onto the island mere moments before Djurprinsessa succeeded in creating a whirlpool. Blinking, she looked up, hissing in frustration when she realized she had let her target get away. The whirlpool churned on regardless, waiting for an unfortunate Pokemon to wander into its embrace…

ultraviolet (OOOO)

nidoqueen
Health: 81%
Energy: 56%
Status: Itching to toss Enoch into the whirlpool. Burned (1%/action). +2 attack and defense, -2 speed.
Commands: Torment ~ Dragon Tail ~ Whirlpool

Music Dragon (OOOO)

Solrock
Enoch (X) <Levitate>
Energy: 66%
Status: Shivering and clinging to the island for dear life. Grounded. +6 speed. Tormented (2 more actions).
Commands: throw coconut at trainer ~ Acrobatics ~ swim back to land

Terrain notes
It is raining (5 more actions).
There is a whirlpool just off the shore of the island (4 more actions).
There is a tunnel that goes almost straight down, curves around, and then goes almost straight up. One entrance is close to the shore, the other close to the middle of the island.

Final notes
ultraviolet attacks first next round.
It seems I’m bent on preventing MD from having anything to eat or drink in every battle that I ref.
Since Enoch is so heavy, Djurprinsessa couldn’t toss it very far from the shore. That, combined with its speed and the fact that Whirlpool was a near miss, meant that Enoch managed to get back to land.
Enoch used its last action and some energy to get back to land and didn’t have time to do anything else.

Last edited:
Are you sure I'm supposed to command first next round? I did last time, too!

And also, I will have my foods, sooner or later! Just you wait! My food-based tactics will reinvent ASB and change the world forever!

Ah, whoopsies, forgot to change that. Yeah, uv attacks first.

I'm going to specifically ref /all your battles/ to prevent you from having your foods |<

And also, I will have my foods, sooner or later! Just you wait! My food-based tactics will reinvent ASB and change the world forever!
look, i told you to eat before we left! if you're that hungry you can have some of my sandwich... if you admit that you're a stinky loser and forefeit!!! it's a really good sandwich, too... PB&J...

well djurprinsessa, we've had better days. I think right now we just want him to feel bad, right? So let's go with toxic, since we know you're not gonna miss, then use Swagger. Finish with Aqua Tail - if possible, throw him into the whirlpool, but don't worry too much about it. It's gonna hurt anyway.

If you're taunted, use Aqua Tail, Shock Wave, and Surf.

If you can't see Enoch, just Chill. B)

Toxic/Aqua Tail/Chill ~ Swagger/Shock Wave/Chill ~ Aqua Tail/Surf/Chill

Ugh! I hate these coconuts! What kind of worthless food is this anyway? Thanks, Obama...

Anyway. I don't want you to get poisoned, so use Safeguard to protect yourself. You don't need to keep the Safeguard up any longer than necessary, so end it as soon as you can.

Next, we need to deal with that incoming Swag. Now I'm not very street smart - in fact I often find myself confused when I run into old acquaintances and they try to greet me by doing some sort of weird handshake thing where they raise their hand in like an arc and I think I'm supposed to slap it or punch it or something? Anyway, use Magic Coat. I'll be very interested in seeing how that plays out. Yes, I can see it now: an angry Nidoqueen arguing with a literally stone-faced Solrock, working herself into a frenzy! Hoohoo!

For your last action, we need to work on our strategy. Beyblade didn't really work out. I have a new master plan, but it requires you to gotta go slow. Use Psych Up to become slower, angrier and beefier! Just the way a Solrock likes it.

Safeguard ~ Magic Coat ~ Psych Up

ultraviolet said:

Round Five

ultraviolet (OOOO)

nidoqueen
Energy: 56%
Status: Itching to toss Enoch into the whirlpool. Burned (1%/action). +2 attack and defense, -2 speed.
Commands: Toxic/Aqua Tail/Chill ~ Swagger/Shock Wave/Chill ~ Aqua Tail/Surf/Chill

Music Dragon (OOOO)

Solrock
Enoch (X) <Levitate>
Energy: 66%
Status: Shivering and clinging to the island for dear life. Grounded. +6 speed. Tormented (2 more actions).
Commands: Safeguard ~ Magic Coat ~ Psych Up

Enoch lifted from the sand and tilted so all its spokes were parallel to the ground. The tips of the rocky points were all glowing a soft green, and when it spun an emerald streak was left in the air, growing thicker and more solid as Enoch kept twirling and building upon it. When it was satisfied, it slowly lowered itself onto the sand again, drawing the green ring down with it to create a translucent cylinder.

Djurprinsessa saw this and snorted in derision. She was a poison type, and she had true mastery over the art of injecting toxins into her opponents. A flimsy barrier wouldn’t stop her! She coughed several times, then spat a large steaming glob of a foul-looking purplish substance into her hand. Taking careful aim, Djurprinsessa lobbed the congealed ball of poison at Enoch – only for it to splash harmlessly against the Solrock’s Safeguard. Djurprinsessa gaped in disbelief.

Enoch seemed to chortle a bit as it let its shield fizzle away. Djurprinsessa briefly felt annoyed, but Enoch had left itself vulnerable and she meant to seize the opportunity. She puffed her chest out and began to strut back and forth, spewing boasts all the while. “That Toxic was nothing, not even half of my true power! This isn’t even my final form! If I unleashed everything I had upon you, you would’ve been reduced to cosmic dust in the first round!” Enoch idly rocked back and forth, looking bored and unimpressed. Its exterior glittered peculiarly. Djurprinsessa squinted and tried again. “That Acrobatics last round? Was that supposed to be your master plan? Try harder – it barely left a scratch!” Though Enoch’s face was immovable, Djurprinsessa got the feeling that it was raising an eyebrow, as if to say it barely had any scratches itself. She huffed angrily. That stupid shiny rock was so full of itself! Djurprinsessa ground her teeth in anger so hard that her head started aching. Sensing that Djurprinsessa was now gripped by fury, Enoch chuckled again and shed its sparkling coat.

Immediately afterwards, Enoch stole into Djurprinsessa’s mind, looking to emulate the power that anger gave her without the headache. There, it also found the steady tenacity obtained from her previous arcane rituals. Concentrating deeply, Enoch linked its mind with Djurprinsessa’s, synchronizing them. The change in mental state had significant physical effects for the psychic rock: its exterior, once smooth, became thick and rough, and its spurs sharpened into dangerous points.

While Enoch was doing its psychic shenanigans and copying Djurprinsessa (and of course it’d copy her, Djurprinsessa thought, because she was very clearly the best), she decided the best way to vent her anger was to hit Enoch hard. Droplets seeped out from between the scales on her tail to cover it in a thin veil of water. With a roar Djurprinsessa lunged forward – only to trip and fall face-first into the sand. The water around her tail splashed onto the ground. Embarrassed and frustrated, Djurprinsessa pushed herself back up, spitting out sand.

ultraviolet (OOOO)

nidoqueen
Health: 75%
Energy: 48%
Status: Resisting the urge to scream in frustration. Burned (1%/action). Confused (severe to strong). +4 attack, +2 defense, -2 speed.
Commands: Toxic ~ Swagger ~ confused

Music Dragon (OOOO)

Solrock
Enoch (X) <Levitate>
Energy: 52%
Status: Rocking back and forth with glee. Grounded. +4 attack, +2 defense, -2 speed.
Commands: Safeguard ~ Magic Coat ~ Psych Up

Terrain notes
It is raining (2 more actions).
There is a whirlpool just off the shore of the island (1 more action).

Final notes

Last edited:
Hoohoo! Good job, Enoch! Solrock? More like we rock! We sure are annoying the shit out of my girlfriend, which, when I put it like that, sounds like something I may end up regretting! Go Team Solrock!

Okay, it's time to set our master plan in motion! So she wants to knock you about with her tail, eh? Let's show her how it's really done! Study her carefully and Mimic that Dragon Tail she used before. It doesn't look too hard, you should be able to pull that off. It's basically just swinging your butt at the enemy, right? But in, like, a dragon way? If you need inspiration, just study the referee's massive backside. Look at it. So hypnotic...

... where was I? Oh yes. You Mimic Dragon Tail. Now, I'm not sure if you can actually Mimic something and use it on the same action, but it doesn't matter either way; your commands are to keep using Dragon Tail until you've successfully knocked your opponent into the water. Once she's in the water, use Gravity! That should trap her real good!

If, against my expectations, you actually manage to accomplish all of this in just two actions... use your last action to toss her even further into the water with Psychic.

Mimic (and use?) Dragon Tail ~ Dragon Tail / Gravity ~ Dragon Tail / Gravity / Psychic

Back
Top Bottom