• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

uv vs. MD

whoops this is technically out of DQ but i mean there's no ref for this battle anyway currently so whatever

We sure are annoying the shit out of my girlfriend, which, when I put it like that, sounds like something I may end up regretting!

something to that effect!

This is really weird because I don't know how mimic is gonna work, so:

Now, djurprinsessa, now that you're evenly matched for speed and dragon tail is like -6 priority, I want you to take the time to spit toxic at close range. It'll be worth it.

Now, he'll probably try and use Dragon Tail at this stage - all the better for your confusion, I guess. If you do end up in the water, just use Surf to attack and slide back into shore before Enoch can use gravity. If Enoch didn't use Dragon Tail in the same action as mimic, or you're not in the water, just jump down to the Dig hole we prepared earlier and use Focus Energy.

On your last action, if you're underground he's probably used Gravity by this point, in which case stay down there. I have faith that with those big ears and affinity for the earth you can probably tell where he is (it's not like he's subtle), so tap into some tropical underground volcanic vent and use Earth Power for the surprise of his life. If you're above ground and he's preparing to use Dragon Tail again, still use Earth Power because it'll be really cool. If for some reason you're in the water and dealing with Gravity, try using Surf to roll back into shore.

Toxic ~ Surf/jump down hole, Focus Energy ~ Earth Power/Surf

ultraviolet (Oooo)
nidoqueen
Djurprinsessa (f) <Rivalry>
Health: 75%
Energy: 48%
Currently: Resisting the urge to scream in frustration. +4 Attack, +2 Defense, -2 Speed. Burned (moderate: 3%/round, -3% physical damage). Confused (severe: 40% chance of failure).
Commands: Toxic ~ Surf / jump down hole, Focus Energy ~ Earth Power / Surf

Music Dragon (Oooo)
solrock
Enoch (x) <Levitate>
Health: 81%
Energy: 52%
Currently: Rocking back and forth with glee. +4 Attack, +2 Defense, -2 Speed. Grounded. Surrounded by a Safeguard (2 more actions).
Commands: Mimic (Dragon Tail) ~ Dragon Tail / Gravity ~ Dragon Tail / Gravity / Psychic

Field Notes
-Movement order: Djurprinsessa (46) > Enoch (40).
-It is raining (2 more actions).
-There is a whirlpool just off the shore of the island (1 more action).
-There is a tunnel that goes almost straight down, curves around, and then goes almost straight up. One entrance is close to the shore, and the other is close to the middle of the island.

Round 6

The Pokemon are preparing to execute their first attacks when suddenly a plastic toy hammer drops out of the sky. It coincidentally strikes the referee in the exact place necessary to make her stumble, flags and whistle in hand, into a convenient portal to conveniently faraway lands that conveniently appeared just now. Oh no! Whatever will the battlers do? Another referee teleports in to handle the next round, but they are soon beset by the Demons of Real Life and forced to teleport out. The whirlpool off the shore of the island keeps whirling, the rain continues to fall, and Enoch's safeguard glows as brightly as ever. A while passes before another referee teleports in and raises one flag, signaling for the round to begin, before teleporting out again. A look inside the portal reveals it seems to go to what looks like a giant pizza whizzing through space or something. Huh.

Meanwhile, a look, or rather a listen, at Djurprinsessa reveals she seems to have given into the urge to scream in frustration at Enoch, who makes a rockish giggling sound. What is with that Solrock just… just ruining all her plans?! It's like its trainer's aiming to annoy hers or something! Mouth drawn and eyes narrowed in blind rage, the Nidoqueen marches forwards, ignoring how her movements irritate the burn stretching across her belly, and draws back her fist to give her opponent a faceful of, well, fist. But Enoch spins away, the newly-targetless punch throws off her balance, and she faceplants into the sand with an oof. Enraged, Djurprinsessa takes a moment to throw a firm glare Enoch's way and stands carefully before meticulously dusting the sand off her plates.

Enoch simply makes more rough, warbly giggling sounds and casts its mind back to Djurprinsessa's use of Dragon Tail. Summoning the aura will be as easy as, to use a somewhat trite phrase, taking a rock from someone who doesn't like rocks, but focusing it is another problem, and so is aiming the hit. It doesn't have a tail or tail-equivalent, so perhaps it could create a construct of Dragon energy separate from itself? Enoch seriously considers the idea for a few seconds before dismissing it as unrealistic; it's not experienced enough with moves of that type to hold the force together at a distance, especially not for the time necessary to execute the attack. But if it had a grounding point for the energy?—and one of its own spokes would be ideal for that purpose.

The Solrock makes a grating laugh-like noise: its plan is coming together, and she'll never see it coming! Oh, but Djurprinsessa's running at it again for another hit. This time she'll anticipate it to dodge, but not for it to dodge down, and the punch goes awry again, which means now it's time to unveil its master plan!!! A little telekinetic lifting of sand grains and rainwater off a spoke here, a little adjustment of its position to accommodate for the cool spikes it plans to put on the energy-tail there, and Enoch is confident that it can carry out a Dragon Tail to near-perfection.

Looking towards the rainclouds for power, the Solrock summons an otherwise explosive burst of Dragon energy and contains and shapes it within a paper-thin bubble of psychic manipulation centered at the tip of one rock. Enoch concentrates on slowly sweeping its "tail", dotted with thick, stumpy spines and curving to a wicked point, towards a stunned Djurprinsessa. Right before the moment of impact, Enoch releases its telekinetic hold on the energy and watches in satisfaction as it explodes, sending the Nidoqueen flying into the ocean.

After a chance wave sweeps her father out into the open water—away from the island—Djurprinsessa shrieks and then focuses, determined, as the rain stirring ripples in the sea around her slows to a faint patter and makes way for the island's normal sunny skies. Eyes glowing a faint blue, the Nidoqueen augments a wave behind her with some extra force and direction, watching in satisfaction as it swells to lift her back onto the safety of the shore. But Enoch seems determined to get her into the water at any cost and summons the indigo aura again, sweeping it in a wide arc to slam her back into the sea again. The explosive blow stings despite her reinforced skin, and Djurprinsessa huffs less out of rage than out of exasperation at Enoch's tactics as the round ends.

ultraviolet (Oooo)
nidoqueen
Djurprinsessa (f) <Rivalry>
Health: 53%
Energy: 39%
Currently: Annoyed with Enoch. Currently in the open water, a few meters away from the island. +4 Attack, +2 Defense, -2 Speed. Burned (moderate: 1%/action, -3% physical damage). Confused (mild: 5% chance of failure).
Used: (confused) ~ (confused) ~ Surf

Music Dragon (Oooo)
solrock
Enoch (x) <Levitate>
Energy: 41%
Currently: Scraping its roughest parts together to make a faint laughing sound, not that Djurprinsessa can hear it from all the way over there. +4 Attack, +2 Defense, -2 Speed. Mimic replaced with Dragon Tail. Grounded.
Used: Mimic (Dragon Tail) ~ Dragon Tail ~ Dragon Tail

Field Notes
-Movement order: Djurprinsessa (46) > Enoch (40).
-There is a tunnel that goes almost straight down, curves around, and then goes almost straight up. One entrance is close to the shore, and the other is close to the middle of the island.

Action Notes
-Let me know if anything's wrong since I'm taking over from blazheirio. I also keep thinking Enoch is male for some reason, so let me know if I referred to it as he anywhere.
-Djurprinsessa's confusion failed on the first and second actions.
-The Whirlpool faded after the first action, and the rain and Safeguard faded after the second, and because of the arena's effects, Sunny Day was in effect for the third and will continue as long as there is no other weather.
-Solrock is like 2.5x as heavy as Nidoqueen, so Enoch's first Dragon Tail successfully pushed Djurprinsessa into the water.
-Djurprinsessa didn't really know what to do on the last action, since she was neither above ground nor in the water /and/ dealing with Gravity, so she went with the last case since she thought it was closer to her current situation (in the water, but not dealing with Gravity.) Since Djurprinsessa was commanded to use Surf to come back to shore, she didn't do any damage to Enoch with it.

Djurprinsessa: 75 - 3 (confused) - 3 (confused) - 8 (Dragon Tail) - 8 (Dragon Tail) = 53
48 - 2 (confused) - 2 (confused) - 5 (Surf) = 39
Enoch: 81 = 81
52 - 1 (Mimic) - 5 (Dragon Tail) - 5 (Dragon Tail) = 41
uv commands next.

Last edited:
Djurprinsessa, you appear to be having the worst luck in the world, so I think it's time for a break, and I'll send out Wild Card instead.

i don't know what happens now? do i just make commands? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now I guess MD just commands, for just the one action.

Actually, since she's switching on the first action, uv gives all three commands for her new Pokémon (the switching doesn't take an action, apparently) and MD commands as normal. I'm going to put the switching mechanics somewhere accessible soon, I swear. Remind me this afternoon.

edit: reference

Alright Wild Card, let's see. Let's start off with a Muddy Water to show we mean business, then follow with some Octazookas. If Enoch decides to seize the opportunity to use Solarbeam, follow it immediately with Disable. If Enoch is doing something dumb, like protecting or being unhittable for some reason, use Focus Energy. Feel free to use Octazooka on MD if Enoch isn't around and you don't wanna use Focus Energy again.

Muddy Water/Disable/Focus Energy ~ Octazooka/Disable/Focus Energy ~ Octazooka/Disable/Focus Energy

Hmm! I think it's time for some... Death in Paradise! You know, like that awful TV series! Yes.

Let's open with Sunny Day. It's pleasant and tactically sound. And then, let me just recline here in my sun lounger while you use Solar Beam. Mm! Battling sure is hard work... Finally, if my calculations are correct, Wild Card will try to Disable your Solar Beam; well, let's bounce it right back with Magic Coat! I'm not entirely sure what happens when you reflect Disable, but I guess we'll find out.

On the off chance that my prediction is wrong, and there's no incoming Disable for you to Magic Coat, uh... let's just Chill for now. Vacation! Island in the sun! Tropicana! Whoo.

Sunny Day ~ Solar Beam ~ Magic Coat / Chill

Before the round begins, ultraviolet takes out Djurprinsessa’s Poke Ball and recalls her flailing Nidoqueen. The trainer deliberates for a while before choosing another Poke Ball and releasing a cheerful-looking Horsea into the ocean, just off the coast of the island. Enoch rotates so that its eye-indents face the new arrival and stays there rockishly in an attempt to intimidate Wild Card, but the Horsea is oblivious to his presence until the referee blows her whistle to start the round.

ultraviolet (oOoo)
horsea
Wild Card (m) <Sniper> @ Dragon Scale
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Currently: Blowing bubbles blithely.
Commands: Muddy Water/Disable/Focus Energy ~ Octazooka/Disable/Focus Energy ~ Octazooka/Disable/Focus Energy
nidoqueen Djurprinsessa: 53% health / 39% energy / Itching to exact her revenge on Enoch. Burned (severe).

Music Dragon (Oooo)
solrock
Enoch (x) <Levitate>
Energy: 41%
Currently: Itching to exact its revenge on Djurprinsessa. +4 Attack, +2 Defense, -2 Speed. Mimic replaced with Dragon Tail. Grounded.
Commands: Sunny Day ~ Solar Beam ~ Magic Coat / Chill

Field Notes
-Movement order: Wild Card (60) > Enoch (40).

Round 7

Finally noticing his opponent, Wild Card turns around and blows a bubble in reluctant appreciation—that rock sure did a number on his teammate—before getting to work. The Horsea dives underwater and whirls around to stir up a tornado of billowing sand and gravel, supplementing it with a few dark squirts of his ink. Satisfied with the murkiness of the now-brownish black water, Wild Card mixes in some mud and rocks to give his attack extra bite, begins to glow blue, and sends the wave towards Enoch in one swirling mass aimed towards a spot the Horsea knows is extra-vulnerable from all of Djurprinsessa’s prinsessing.

The Solrock tries to dodge out of the way, but is slowed considerably by the two spokes still buried in the sand, and the frothing wave impacts it straight in the eyes, sloshing off to form small pools around its grounded spokes. Enoch gasps, splutters, and ineffectually attempts to swipe away the sand, dirt, and ink in every crevice, blocking out some of its psychic analogue of vision and leaving a few frustrating blind spots. Soon, it notices it can’t seem to get a reliable bead on Wild Card any more. Was the reverse psychology “keep the telepathic sensors in the eye region” thing too obvious? And as his blue aura fades, the Horsea has the nerve to laugh, too. Oh, Enoch is so getting him—but first, it needs to set the stage.

Hmm, Death in Paradise… With what its trainer’s planning for it to do, Death in the Air seems a little more fitting, and if it comes to a KOing on the Orient Express, it’ll probably be able to enlist the help of Music Dragon’s other Pokemon. Musings finished, Enoch gathers solar power inside its most vertical spoke and fires a burst of glowing red Fire energy into the sky. Wild Card stares at the Solrock, baffled by his opponent’s seemingly useless act: the only clouds in sight are stringy little white ones gathering on the horizon, and the sun’s already shining brightly enough to make the water uncomfortably lukewarm. Though Wild Card’s skepticism makes him a little less confident, Enoch smirks anyway. Maybe the boost’ll make the sun… even brighter?

When nothing perceptible happens to the sun after a fifteen-second staring contest that Enoch’s physically incapable of losing anyway, Wild Card shrugs as best a Horsea can and starts to shape the water around him again. Once he’s formed a suitably large ball, he flings it at the Solrock and quickly follows it up with a spray of smoky ink. Enoch can’t even attempt a dodge of this attack, seeing as its spokes are still buried in damp sand, and it winces as the water impacts with a wet sound. It’s barely shaken off the lingering droplets before the ink hits, leaving a dark, oily-looking stain over much of its left eye that completely obscures its sensors.

The exasperated Solrock decides that now’s a good time to exact its revenge, and greenish specks of solar energy begin to flow from the sky above into the space in front of it, gradually forming a huge, sparkling sphere. Enoch spots a small bluish figure moving around besides the tree and figures it’s got to be Wild Card; with what it deems a suitable flourish, it fires a tremendous glittering beam straight towards Keldeo. The referee leaps out of the way with a yelp, dropping her flags in surprise, and Enoch’s Solar Beam slams into the coconut tree. Luckily, said tree is protected with Plot Bark Strengthener (get your very own Plot B.S. today for all your narrative needs!) but the ref’s flags aren’t. And they were the limited-edition red ones, too—what a meaniepants.

Cheered a little by Enoch’s failure but still not wanting to be hit by a move that can sear ref flags into limited-edition ashes, Wild Card takes the opportunity to steel himself for his next maneuver. His eyes glow a faint pink as he delves confidently into his opponent’s mind, unaware of the luminescent sheen the Solrock has taken on since noticing the signs of a Psychic attack. The Horsea sifts through pages and pages of cute cat videos, pointedly not pausing to watch any, until he finds the part of Enoch’s mind that stores memories about its moves. As Wild Card prepares to create a foolproof mental block around everything about the Solar Beam technique, he’s totally unprepared for the dizzying sensation of being forced out of the Solrock’s head, and before he knows it, Enoch has reversed the attack, turning the Disable on him and sealing away one of his own techniques. Darn that Solrock! Wild Card huffs and levels his first glare of the battle at Enoch. What a meaniepants.

ultraviolet (oOoo)
horsea
Energy: 88%
Currently: Unenthusiastic about whatever psychic shenanigans Enoch’s pulled and/or pulling. Octazooka disabled (4 more actions).
Used: Muddy Water ~ Octazooka ~ Disable (bounced)
nidoqueen Djurprinsessa: 53% health / 39% energy / Itching to exact her revenge on Enoch. Burned (severe).

Music Dragon (Oooo)
solrock
Enoch (x) <Levitate>
Health: 54%
Energy: 26%
Currently: Exhausted, soaking wet, and covered in ink and sand, but still cackling rockishly because maintaining its appearance as an intimidating meaniepants is important. +4 Attack, +2 Defense, -2 Speed, -2 Accuracy. Mimic replaced with Dragon Tail. Grounded.
Used: Sunny Day (failed) ~ Solar Beam (missed) ~ Magic Coat

Field Notes
-The sun is shining brightly.

Action Notes
-I’m really sorry this is so late! It won’t happen again.
-Enoch’s Sunny Day failed because the sun was already shining, due to the arena’s effects.
-Both of Wild Card’s attacks lowered Enoch’s accuracy, Muddy Water was a critical hit, and Enoch’s Solar Beam missed. Sacrifice more to the RNG, MD, I guess?

Wild Card: 100 = 100
100 - 5 (Muddy Water) - 3 (Octazooka) - 4 (Disable) = 88
Enoch: 81 - 19 (Muddy Water) - 8 (Octazooka) = 54
41 - 5 (Sunny Day [failed]) - 7 (Solar Beam) - 3 (Magic Coat) = 26
MD commands next.

Last edited:
Hmm. Clearly the Random Number Gods are displeased! And so am I. Enoch, you have failed me for the last time! I command you to use Pain Split and then Explode, as a sacrifice to the Gods.

... Let's not be stupid about it though. If you know you won't be able to hit with these moves - because of Substitutes or Protect shields or whatever - go with Psych Up instead, to get rid of those nasty stat drops. Rest assured though, you will have your Death in Paradise! I do not tolerate failure! Not right now anyway. I usually do, I guess.

Pain Split / Psych Up ~ Pain Split / Explosion / Psych Up ~ Pain Split / Explosion / Psych Up

uhh, whoops! okay, well Pain Split leaves him with something like 3% energy, so how about we Dive, Dragon Dance and Chill, I guess? Wait until Enoch uses Pain Split before using Dive. Enoch should either energy KO or explode, and neither of those things matter if you're underwater. Kinda sucks that we're losing a chunk of health, but I guess if MD wants to be a big baby then I guess that's what'll happen.

Dive ~ Dragon Dance ~ Chill

ultraviolet (oOoo)
horsea
Currently: Unenthusiastic about whatever psychic shenanigans Enoch’s pulled and/or pulling. Octazooka disabled (4 more actions).
Commands: Dive (wait) ~ Dragon Dance ~ Chill

Music Dragon (Oooo)
solrock
Enoch (x) <Levitate>
Health: 54%
Energy: 26%
Currently: Exhausted, soaking wet, and covered in ink and sand, but still cackling rockishly because maintaining its appearance as an intimidating meaniepants is important. +4 Attack, +2 Defense, -2 Speed, -2 Accuracy. Mimic replaced with Dragon Tail. Grounded.
Commands: Pain Split/Psych Up ~ Pain Split/Explosion/Psych Up ~ Pain Split/Explosion/Psych Up

Field Notes

Round 8

Enoch glares at its opponent, unwilling to accept this turn of events. Wild Card looks to be in much better shape than it is, which is completely unacceptable! Truly, it simply cannot accept the situation at hand, or rather spoke. Fortunately—and here it grins—the Solrock has a trump card, an ace in the hole that'll turn the battle completely around! (Well, black joker in the hole, actually; it wasn't his fault Music Dragon had taken the ace back because he was, quote unquote, "playing a card game here so would you please stop doing that Enoch.") Three left turns don't make a wrong, after all!

Smirking at its internal jokes, Enoch digs through the various crevices and holes covering its spokes until it finds said playing card, rolled up and duct-taped securely in a more out-of-the-way corner of spoke number three. The joker does look worse for wear from the various water- and ink-based attacks its owner has been subjected to, sporting several splotches where the image is completely ruined and deep creases from being folded and crumpled a few too many times, but Enoch still twirls the card in the air with one telekinetic tendril as it gets to work. Mentally picturing itself as a mustachioed, top-hatted supervillain, the Solrock extends its other tendrils to latch onto Wild Card's life-force before it steadies itself, preparing for what's going to be the most destructive of its attacks yet—and pulls.

Across the beach, the Horsea feels the telltale fuzziness of a mental intrusion before his vision is filled with blinding red. The sensation soon fades as suddenly as it started, and he's left confused and blinking bluish spots out of his eyes. Wild Card frowns; he doesn't feel any different from before, so what did that Solroooow ow ow ow! The Horsea winces and doubles over, the strangely fresh wounds crisscrossing his chest and back aggravated by his sudden movement. Did Enoch's light cause that?! Once he feels stable enough to look up and around, he finds that the rough scars his water attacks had left on the smug Solrock, whose body still sparkles with that same red light, are either completely gone or much shallower than he remembers them. Wild Card grits his teeth and snarls a few quiet insults at his opponent before retreating to sulk underwater a little—mostly he wants something material to protect him from another maneuver like that, really.

The Horsea's fin beats back and forth as he floats downward until his head comes to rest a few yards below the surface, and he smiles a little, calmed by the depths' quiet peace. Maybe it's his imagination, but he already feels better, certain that Enoch won't be able to reach him down here. After nothing happens for a few seconds, Wild Card feels confident enough to wiggle his fin around experimentally, and when things keep not happening, he swims a small circle through the water, building up speed until his entire body takes on a reddish-blue glow that reenergizes him. Wild Card's aura of Dragon energy fades as he settles back down again, but the mindset it's inspired won't be quick to leave him.

Above the surface, Enoch sees no need to keep up the facade any longer and suddenly sags, utterly exhausted from transferring so much energy between itself and its opponent. Moving around—no, even forming coherent thoughts, a task that seemed almost easy before, is a gargantuan, backwards challenge, like lifting up spoon with a pudding instead of the other way around. Soon, though, an inspiring shout from its trainer leads the Solrock to take a deep breath, suddenly determined. It did make Wild Card hurt pretty badly this time around, so why not it get some some gear up for more of that? Enoch groans; its headache is building, and not in a good way, though in his current state he doesn't think he can figure out what could be a good way for a headache to build up more. Indeed, for each step further in summoning the energy it would use to copy Wild Card's mindset, Enoch feels as if it's taking fifty thousand steps through a glowing, overly bright daze of sand-colored sun that beats down on every muscle of of its body—yes, there's much too much too much around everywhere for it to resist slipping slowly into the beckoning pool of cool, quiet darkness that awaits him, here...

Sheltering from the sun in the shade of a palm tree stand, the trainers wait expectantly for Enoch's next action, but when even the light winks out of its eyes, the referee shakes her head and raises a flag to declare Wild Card's victory.

ultraviolet (oOoo)
horsea
Health: 77%
Energy: 84%
Currently: Completely oblivious to what's happened above him. +1 Attack, +1 Speed. Octazooka disabled (2 more actions). Underwater.
Used: Dive ~ Dragon Dance

Music Dragon (xooo)
solrock
Enoch (x) <Levitate>
Energy: 0%
Currently: As knocked out as a bad simile mixed with an old dog of war being taught every trick of the trade in the book mixed with a knocked-out Solrock.
Used: Pain Split ~ Psych Up

Field Notes
-Movement order: Wild Card (75).

Action Notes
-Psych Up energy-KOed Enoch.

Wild Card: 100 - 23 (Pain Split) = 77
88 - 2 (Dive) - 2 (Dragon Dance) = 84
Enoch: 54 + 23 (Pain Split) = 77
26 - 23 (Pain Split) - 10 (Psych Up) = 0
MD sends out, uv commands, MD commands.

Whoops, sorry! I'll send out Strawberry Macaroons, the Swablu. I got this one as a gift from ultraviolet, so it'll be extra satisfying to beat her this way!

wow we're the worst at posting in our own battle

ok ok ok ok ok ok

let's hit her square in the face by attacking with Dive, then use Muddy Water and Octazooka.

If Strawberry Macaroons uses protect in the first action, resurface and use Double Team - though I'm not sure if resurfacing will take up a whole action, so if it does, just spend that action resurfacing. Protect from Attract.

Dive/Double Team/Protect ~ Muddy Water/Protect ~ Octazooka/Protect

Hoohoo! Let's start by Confiding in Wild Card. Share something personal and interesting and deeply unsettling! If you can't think of anything to say, just pretend you're me. Next, take advantage of the beautiful weather and fire off a magnificent Solar Beam. And last but not least, let's hear a soothing Hyper Voice!

Confide ~ Solar Beam ~ Hyper Voice

Music Dragon quickly recalls the unconscious Enoch before choosing another Poke Ball from his belt and releasing a diminutive Swablu, around the same size as Wild Card. Seeming to enjoy the heat, Strawberry Macaroons lets out an experimental "cheep", lifts off, and comes to a comfortable perch in the shade of the island's sole tree. Though neither can see the target of their moves yet, both of the Pokemon steel themselves for a grueling round as the referee lowers her flags.

ultraviolet (oOoo)
horsea
Energy: 84%
Currently: Completely oblivious to what's happening above him. +1 Attack, +1 Speed. Octazooka disabled (2 more actions). Underwater.
Commands: Dive/Double Team/Protect ~ Muddy Water/Protect ~ Octazooka/Protect

Music Dragon (xOoo)
swablu
Strawberry Macaroons (f) <Natural Cure>
Energy: 100%
Currently: Chirping happily.
Commands: Confide ~ Solar Beam ~ Hyper Voice

Field Notes
-Movement order: Wild Card (75) > Strawberry Macaroons (50).

Round 9

Interested in what the new sendout looks like, Wild Card decides it's time to resurface, trapping the water closest to him in a makeshift energy bubble before rocketing up past the surface, surrounded by a pulsating blue aura. Feeling daring, he leaps up and does a couple of midair somersaults before plummeting down, aiming himself straight towards his new opponent. They meet with a crash, Wild Card's seawater shield bursting into tiny droplets, and Strawberry Macaroons is thrown back with a cry. She lies twitching on the sand for a moment, but quickly gathers her wits, shrieks at the indignity of having a few grains of sand in her wings, and flaps to a more composed position. Wild Card himself backflips in midair some more before coming to rest just off shore.

The Horsea remains alert, wary of a counterattack, and Strawberry Macaroons soon recovers from the blow and flits over, an innocuous smile on her face. Wild Card starts to paddle away, but she pouts and beckons for him to come closer. He obeys, feeling like this is going to end with him being embarrassed as well as hurt, but Strawberry Macaroons just pokes her beak into his ear and starts to gossip. Wild Card is surprised at first, but he can't help but listen, interspersing giggles between the Swablu's scandalous tales of Pravus, the giant steel snake (snail snake), and Doctor Proctor's treatment of his undeggraduate students. The Horsea occasionally pops in himself with a "wow, really?" or "…don't you mean undergraduate?"

"No, it's undeggraduate. Because they're eggs."

"Okay, sure. But do you have any more? The part about Doctor Proctor and Ant Heater's superglue was hilarious, and the one with him and the Luvdisc was just sad, but 'Doctor this, Doctor that' gets a little boring."

The Swablu frowns and makes a fuss, fluttering to and fro and giving her trainer worried glances. "I don't know if I should tell you this, but, um, secretly…" She fusses more with her wings, plucking at some imperceptible flecks of lint, and then starts to fuss in the same way with her talons, trying to recall her commands. When Wild Card shoots her an impatient look, Strawberry Macaroons makes a pained face, her bluff called, and blurts, "I'm… Music Dragon! Yes I am. Yeah."

Wild Card bobs in stunned silence for a few seconds before spluttering a rebuttal. "Wait, wait, how can you be Music Dragon? Isn't, isn't he—" the Horsea wiggles a fin in the trainers' direction. "—Music Dragon?"

Strawberry Macaroons quickly regains her composure and replies, "No, dummy, how could he be Music Dragon? He's not even a dragon!"

Wild Card has to admit she's got a point there, but… "Well, you aren't a dragon either."

"I will be, when I evolve!" the Swablu chirrups, whispering the last word in a tone of wonderment. She looks up and her eyes unfocus, like she's picturing her grand metamorphosis into an Altaria right now. Wild Card rolls his eyes and says nothing, still thinking, and Strawberry Macaroons soon comes back to earth. She giggles again and says, "Get it?"

After a few seconds of further rumination, Wild Card comes to the conclusion that he very thoroughly does not get it. His mouth moves, but no sounds come out, and Strawberry Macaroons starts pouting again. The Horsea resolves to think further on the topic later, but he can't stop wondering: if she really is Music Dragon, maybe he should hold back a little, just in case… but commands are commands. The Horsea sprays ink and shovels sand into the water nearest him, preparing to call up a towering wave and ride it into Strawberry Macaroons. He might not be going as quickly as he should be, though, because she manages to dodge mostly out of the way. The attack only clips her, diverting most of the muck into her wing, and Wild Card backs off with a hiss of annoyance.

Strawberry Macaroons raises an eyebrow. Was that all? She can do way better than that! Collecting energy from the sunlight bathing the island, the diminutive Swablu glows white and starts to tremble with the sheer power she's absorbing. She shrieks, and a burst of green ripples out over the island, ruffling the sand dunes and tree leaves like a gentle breeze—until it reaches Wild Card. The tough scale tied around the Horsea's neck flashes briefly in response to the attack and a thin bubble of draconic energy pops into existence around him mere seconds before the wave hits, but it does little to dampen the impact. The energy sears into Wild Card's scales and he starts to shriek and flail about underwater in an attempt to disperse the pain, but his efforts are in vain.

With a quick glance towards her opponent, Strawberry Macaroons quickly decides to take advantage of his distraction to follow her blast up with another attack. The Swablu takes a deep breath, flits over, and screams as loudly as she can, a wordless, off-tune rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star so forceful that it raises billowing plumes of sand behind her and the coconut trees starts to shake and heave as if in a storm. It just sounds like a wordless, off-tune, and way too loud shout to Wild Card, though, and he disregards his orders to attack Strawberry Macaroons in favor of hiding underwater and trying to block out the sound. The Swablu's Hyper Voice eventually trails off, and Wild Card hesitantly raises his head above water—just in time to see the referee wave her flags to end the round.

ultraviolet (oOoo)
horsea
Health: 49%
Energy: 75%
Currently: Giving ultraviolet and Music Dragon weird looks. +1 Attack, -1 Special Attack, +1 Speed.
Used: Dive ~ Muddy Water ~ Octazooka (missed)

Music Dragon (xOoo)
swablu
Strawberry Macaroons (f) <Natural Cure>
Health: 88%
Currently: Wondering whether he really fell for it.
Used: Confide ~ Solar Beam ~ Hyper Voice

Field Notes
-Movement order: Wild Card (75) > Strawberry Macaroons (50).

Action Notes
-Muddy Water just barely hit (it rolled exactly an 85) so I docked a few points off its damage. Meanwhile, Octazooka missed completely (91).

Wild Card: 77 - 17 (Solar Beam) - 11 (Hyper Voice) = 49
84 - 1 (Dive) - 5 (Muddy Water) - 3 (Octazooka [missed]) = 75
Strawberry Macaroons: 100 - 7 (Dive) - 5 (Muddy Water) = 88
100 - 1 (Confide) - 7 (Solar Beam) - 4 (Hyper Voice) = 88
Music Dragon commands next.

Back
Top Bottom