• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I give it a week, two weeks tops

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
...before I abandon ship and stop caring about my art thread yet again.

LugiaJolt.jpg

A thing. Yes.

I don't know if anyone remembers those pseudomori-style people I posted forever ago. They weren't that great.

beck.png

This one is better.

This is Beck, the fifth gym leader of one of my regions. He trains water-types, researches unown in his spare time and his name is actually Alzlbex (long story, too tired now) but he can barely pronounce it so. And anyway if you were to make fun of the name he'd probably just feed you to his giant three-headed venomous sea snake.

...of course, in New Logora, unpronounceable names consisting of seemingly random jumbles of letters actually aren't all that uncommon, so not many people would make fun of him. I guess I just like saying "giant three-headed venomous sea snake".

I like drawing giant three-headed venomous sea snakes, too.

kraitra.png

(might have posted this before but I totally don't care atm)

I would say "more later" but see thread title.

Last edited:
I love your art but your poison!sea-snake confuses the hell out of me because to me it screams electric. Because it's black/yellow and it has jagged fins and... yeah. But it's still really good. I envy your shading.

...and the natural color of a mouse isn't bright lemon-yellow. But I don't care so whatever.

The first one is the most amazing picture ever (besides the Tyranitar-frolicking one). I love the style. :>

Wow. The first drawing is so epic. I <3 the awesome poses.

And the gym leader is very... well... believable. I could totally see Game Freak using him as a gym leader. The giant three-headed venomous sea snake is also cool, but it looks as if it's growing fur. I don't get what that's even for.

I'm no expert but I am convinced something looks off with Beck. I think it's the pose, it looks kinda stiff if you ask me.

The sea snake is cool thought.

Thread successfully forgotten, Captain! Mission accomplished!

Brief reply to the million-month-old crit/comments, which I do appreciate:

Kam: No, Lugia's toe is not "missing"; the foot is angled in such a way that you wouldn't see it.

Zangviper: To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure why they're there other than I thought it looked cool. They're supposed to be flowing, tattered-looking fins, though it's possible I didn't pull that off quite right. Oh, well, too late, design's stuck.

Male Gardevoir: Mrrg... I'm not sure "stiff" is the word I'd use to describe Beck's pose, but it is definitely neutral and not all that interesting, so I think I know what you're getting at. I'm trying to avoid that with the other leaders. When I actually draw them, which is like never. work ethic what is that

General "thank you, much appreciated, etc.".

OHTMHF--Virgil-Lancaster.jpg

Concept sketch thing I don't know for the main character of a planned trainer fic (may or may not write for this year's NaNo). Did I post this here already? I don't think I did. Oh, well, who cares, not me. His name is Virgil and he thinks being a pokémon trainer sucks. Also he thinks being a human sucks. Also he thinks Arceus is a petty, childish bitch with a sick sense of humor, but then maybe he should've known better than to piss it off about twenty million times. And that's all I'm saying.

He's supposed to look more annoyed than confused/defeated/worried/whatever the hell that expression is supposed to be (aside from "wrong, Kratos you suck at peoplefaces"). Virgil only has two emotions: annoyed and... really, really annoyed. So. Uh. Oops.

Christ I don't remember his legs looking that awkward.

pokefavoritesMine.png

That favorites meme thing Xikaze found, reposted here primarily because I can. Marvel at the crappiness of my sketches and my wondrous ability to make an entire row of sexy men lean inexplicably to the left. (template/meme credit to I-don't-know, ask Xikaze or something)

Not going to bother posting most of the individual images used to make this but I kind of like this one in spite of how rushed it is, so:

giratinaBadsketch.png

mrawr, etc.

will now resume forgetting about thread and the half-assed art it contains

Last edited:
Virgil's legs look fine, the only problem I see is his arms (mainly left one, our left his right) are too long. I greatly appreciate / am jealous of your human-drawing-abilities though so, keep doing that. Drawing humans that is. :v Oh and I love his face. It looks very annoyed.

Also, where is that favourites-meme thing, blank. I want to do it.

Oh, you.

The arms, really? Yeah, they probably are a little too long, now I look again, though I was struggling with that pose anyway and might've done it intentionally to achieve some sort of bogus "perspective" or whatever (I must've been tired or on something). Regardless! Thank you, and I will attempt to not do that next time!

Meme thread, blank is in first post. Everyone was being lame and c/ping images someone else had drawn, including people I knew were good artists. :( It made me sad. I'd like to see what you come up with, though!

Hrr, arms generally reach only to the crotchity area, so, that's basically the problem. But I make the same mistake all the time, because people have funny limbs. :[

That is weird how everyone is c/ping art when they can draw it. ... *runs to photoshop* :v

I always thought it was that the fingertips hit around midway down the thigh (they do on me, though then again I'm shortish so); they're probably too long even for that, though. >>;

Hey, look, things.

finnial.png

termelc.png

distrike.png

Finnial, termelc and distrike, giant lizards of death that eat lightning for breakfast and you for a snack. Well, distrike, anyway. Finnial just kind of sits there and looks cute. But that's okay, too! Finnial and termelc are pure electric; distrike is electric/steel and has a BST of 600 for maximum death potential. Also fondly known as "magnezone on speed".

Based on these things, which are awesome.

Eeee, I saw those last ones on your Fakedex on DA and Finnial is the cutest thing ever and I want one. I really love how Sugimori-ish your Fakemon style is, too - alongside the offical art, it's really hard to tell the difference.

The Lugia v. Jolteon picture at the top is absolutely immense.

I want to do the Fave-Pokemon-Meme-Thing, but I can't do digital art and absolutley cannot be arsed to draw everything out on paper and then copy and crop them all til they're the right size. I absolutely do not have the patience. I adore yours, though, especially the trainer line XD

derp I done forgot this agin

Thanks, Danni. You really should do the meme, though! Mine was all drawn on paper (colored in Photoshop, yeah, but drawn on paper)! You could do it!

I fucked up my website's gallery earlier this week, and since that's where I host most of my non-fakemon art that means that the links got screwed up as well. If you happened to view the thread and saw just about no artwork, oops! That's what happened! I'll fix the links as soon as I finish this post so the pictures come back. In the meantime, new art! Gasp!

WargleFlight.png

wargleblargle.

Those clouds took for-friggin-ever because I had to redo them about a billion times before I finally found a tutorial I could actually follow (Kratos are not good with instructions). And then I had to redo them some more. I guess they look mostly okay, though?

EDIT: yeah okay links for older pictures are fixed now. Carry on.

Last edited:
Ahhhh those wargles are so awesome. Seriously. The poses - especially the closer one with the perspective and foreshortening are just SO GOOD. And the colours are like eyecandy x1000. ; ; I love it so much ahhh.

Your artwork is beautiful. I really love all of the work with more "sketchy" and less defined outlines. They are absolutely immense. If you don't mind me asking, what programme do you use to draw/colour in?

Your artwork is beautiful. I really love all of the work with more "sketchy" and less defined outlines. They are absolutely immense. If you don't mind me asking, what programme do you use to draw/colour in?

It sketches on paper and colours on photoshop, except for rare occasions when it does both on photoshop or both on paper.

Back
Top Bottom