• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Desert Moon and Forest Sun

Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle lines?

What I was thinking is that they could be rewards for completing the Dex. You did say this was an Emerald hack, didn't you?

unknownregionzm0.png

Here is the region. Just need to refine the look of it...

Dark Blue = Ocean. Will freeze game if you use Walk Through Walls on it
Blue = Rivers and Lakes
Light Blue = Ocean, Desert Lakes, and Oasis. Does not freeze the game
Dark Brown = Plateau. Will freeze game if you use Walk Through Walls on it
Light Brown = Plateau. Does not freeze the game
Dark Gray = Mountain. Will freeze game if you use Walk Through Walls on it
Light Gray = Mountain. Does not freeze the game
Dark Green = Forest
Light Green = Clearing
Red = Volcano
Yellow = Desert
White = Snow
Black = Gate. Will freeze if you use Walk Through Walls on it while it is closed. It will open once you have Seven Badges and have triggered the Lugia/Ho-oh Event

Red Town with Number = Village/Town/City with Gym. The number corresponds with the number of gym
Gray Town = Village/Town/City without a Gym
Black Town = Elite Four

This looks nice. :D I've tried to make a hack or two on Advance Map, but I tend to lose interest or forget about it after the second town. xD;

tiagagymlc1.png

First gym. It has no events, so don't comment on the emptiness. But, notice a certain, defining feature of all gyms, right up to the RBY days, that is missing?

Yes, the statues. THIS is why we need somebody who is good at making tiles and using programs such as Cyclone. The statues, well, we can't put in because it will either have black underneath it, or just look like if it was the offspring of Missingno., due to me being useless with the tile manipulating programs.

Also, yes, I realize it is insanely symmetrical. This is not the final version of the gym. This is just a taste of what kind of feel it will have. It WILL go through changes, ESPECIALLY when we get someone who can use either Tile Molester, Cyclone, or some other tile editor

Statue1b.png
Statue2b.png

Statue1a.png
Statue2a.png

Well, I snipped out and edited the statues from both eras (FRLG and RSE), and saved them as four separate images. What program are you using for mapping? if its AdvanceMap, I know how to put the tiles in the program.

I am using AdvanceMap. The gym is using sets 0 and... 49, I believe

So, you are good at putting tiles in, and possibly replacing whole tile sets? If so, then want to help with this project? I have a spriter, and if they can't make the tiles and I can't find anybody, then I can always make them myself, leaving you with just placing them in the proper spots

I am using AdvanceMap. The gym is using sets 0 and... 49, I believe

So, you are good at putting tiles in, and possibly replacing whole tile sets? If so, then want to help with this project? I have a spriter, and if they can't make the tiles and I can't find anybody, then I can always make them myself, leaving you with just placing them in the proper spots

Try using the new version of PET. It works insanely awesome.

Ok, sorry about how long it is taking, everybody. Fluffy Clouds has been away for awhile, and he is the only person I know who knows how to make events D:

I am tired of waiting myself, and I thought he would be back by now, so I am going to work on some of the features now (well, making ideas for features, anyways x.x)

Here is one of the ideas, by the way:

There will be a berry farm, and it will be the only place where you can plant berries. Yeah, thats right, daily berries, like the ones from GSC, are back :D

This sounds okay, although there'd better be a whole lot of spaces for berries seeing as this will be the only place to plant berries. Though I do wonder how the one a day system will be implemented.

Oh, how are you going to handle contests? Or will they be scrapped entirely? Personally, I never found any use for them. In that vein, what will become of the Trick House? It had better stay in some form, IMO.

I, to put it simply, despise version exclusives. I can understand the Ho-Oh and Lugia thing to an extent, but having ordinary pokemon exclusive to one version sounds pretty nonsensical for a ROM hack, as this hopefully isn't about making money. This might be about adding in differences between the two, but that could be done in another way, I think.

Also, why is this evil team leader going after Lugia/Ho-Oh? What's the point of capturing them, and what will he accomplish by doing so? This should be explained to make the story more believable.

Still, this sounds like a nice idea, and you should definitely continue work on this. And make the Aerodactyl Fossil Missingno appear! Please. And while I'm at it, could I test any upcoming betas?

This sounds okay, although there'd better be a whole lot of spaces for berries seeing as this will be the only place to plant berries. Though I do wonder how the one a day system will be implemented.

There will be plenty of trees. Maybe not as much as you would like, but the farm WILL be huge (50+ patches is what I am thinking

Oh, how are you going to handle contests? Or will they be scrapped entirely? Personally, I never found any use for them. In that vein, what will become of the Trick House? It had better stay in some form, IMO.

The contests will stay. Hmm... I guess a Trick House can be put in

I, to put it simply, despise version exclusives. I can understand the Ho-Oh and Lugia thing to an extent, but having ordinary pokemon exclusive to one version sounds pretty nonsensical for a ROM hack, as this hopefully isn't about making money. This might be about adding in differences between the two, but that could be done in another way, I think.

Both birds are available after the E4. And there is a way to allow trading between ROMS

Also, why is this evil team leader going after Lugia/Ho-Oh? What's the point of capturing them, and what will he accomplish by doing so? This should be explained to make the story more believable.

Well, like I said, that is the rough version of the story. I am thinking along the lines of wanting them for their sheer power. Essentially, being a trainer with a twisted agenda. Don't worry, the reason why will be worked on more

Still, this sounds like a nice idea, and you should definitely continue work on this. And make the Aerodactyl Fossil Missingno appear! Please. And while I'm at it, could I test any upcoming betas?

Yes to both

I am thinking patches of five, four across

Something like this (- = Patch)

----- ----- ----- -----

----- ----- ----- -----

----- ----- ----- -----

----- ----- ----- -----

----- ----- ----- -----

Also, here is the berry distribution:

Daily Trees:
-Oran x10
-Cherri x5
-Chesto x5
-Pecha x5
-Rawst x5
-Aspear x5
-Persim x5
-Sitrus x5
-Leppa x2
-Lum x2

Berry Farm:

All would be empty, is what I am thinking. If Fluffy or somebody else can code it, then somebody in the farm will give you a pinch berry when you get there for the first time. The kind depends on your Trainer ID. Most berries can be bought at the counter. I hope to get it randomized from day to day. You would see 5 rarity 1 (oran and the status healers), 3 rarity 2 (lum, healing + confusion, leppa, and sitrus), 2 rarity 3 (contest and EV lowering), and 1 EV Lowering OR rarity 4 berry (pinch)

Prices:
-Rarity 1 - 100 Poke
-Rarity 2 - 250 Poke
-Rarity 3 - 500 Poke
-Rarity 4 - 2500 Poke (5% chance of appearing instead of a third Rarity 3 berry)

When you go there, you receive a watering can

Back
Top Bottom