• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Elegance -- Looking for Critique

Peter Shadeslayer

Hi. I'm looking for critique on my latest project, Elegance. It's basically a showcase for users where they can post poetry [for now], and eventually photography, writings, and other art. Users are also given a blog, which they may use if they wish. If you've got time, register and tell me what you think! ;) Thanks.

http://elegance.chanlu.org

Purple and green do not go together well...

The purple bar on top is annoying, also. I know there's an option to hide it, but it comes up again once I go to another page. I don't really see the use of the bar, since you can login/register by clicking the links on the sidebar.

Another thing: why do you need people's emails, birthdays, and countries to register? There really is not point, if the sole purpose of the site is to share poetry and to comment on it. I also don't see why guests can't view profiles and comments. Since your site is small, you want people to look at your site instead of hiding everything from them.

The registration thing was a misconception on my part.

Why should I not ask for your email? With an email I can at least try to prevent users from having duplicate accounts.

Forcing an unregistered user to register to view a profile was a mistake in my code.

I've gotten other requests to remove birthday and date of birth from the registration field. I probably will.

Reset will be removed when I take out the other fields... it won't be present in v2.

I don't use addslashes()

URL rewriting will also be implemented in v2.

EDIT @linoone:

Sorry, obviously you posted while I was typing this ;)

I know that the layout is bad. It's from about 6 months ago. The new one is in progress. I've also answered your other questions above.

I joined - it's a neat looking site. I also posted some poetry, but I have one minor complaint - if you input the title, then copy and paste the poetry from say Microsoft Word, the title disappears, and you have to re-enter it. And also, it would be nice if you could comment on the same page as the poem, so that you can read it and quote it while critiquing.

Otherwise, it's pretty nice - well done :)

Back
Top Bottom