• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Role Playing Character Trends

Do You Keep RP Characters the Same for All RP's?

• Yes

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • I don't RP

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

Grinning Calamity

HATES YO FACE!
When you join RPGs, do you usually use characters that are similiar or do you mix it up?

For Example: My characters are usually the same. A blonde guy, with a great sense of humor. But I am planning on changing to a cold-character for the Dragon World-Thingy RP.

Half the time I use Serenity (who is good or evil depending on the situation) or Flora (who is almost always good). Both have been turned into Pokemon at least once.

I pretty much manage to mix it up most of the time. While I'm always male as a Pokemon, as a human I have been female once. Will probably try again here if the oppurtunity presents itself, but I'm male otherwise.

Last edited:
Patterns include crazy bastards, large egos, and really ineffective flirts. Also pairs of Creepy !Twins.

... but mainly crazy egotistical bastards. Preferred alignment is Chaotic Neutral, sometimes bordering on Chaotic Stupid.

of course I stray into other character types but loev lying liars

Last edited:
I ALWAYS have a pokemon from my favorite six pokemon which are...
Eevee,Skitty,Absol,Gardevoir,Ninetales,Luxray.Their nicknames are under my username. The pokemon is preety much always has no self esteem and is sorta negative or be very happy and cheerful or both. And before you ask how it can be both it depends with my pokemon's mood. So yeah I do change but the six cheerful or non-cheerful pokemon will always be my RPG pokemon.[Unless I change my fav six pokemon]

From the fan of six great pokemon EeveeSkitty

Nope. I roleplay only on roleplay-specific forums, and you're really looked down on if you roleplay the same character on another forum too. And yes, people will know it, because around the internet if you roleplay in a lot of places, people will usually recognise you, and they'll definitely recognise a similar-named or acting character.

You have new threads, new graphics... you can't just use the same character twice. As far as personalities go, I try to develop a new one every time I play a new character. There are usually quite a few characters though that are young females with fiery behaviour. ;D

I almost always play males, but that's it. When I make characters up they just tend to end up male no matter how much I try and make them female.

I'll occasionally recycle characters I never got to play on one forum, though. I hate my genre of RP sometimes; the actual RP never lasts very long @__@

I try to make each of my characters different but no matter how much I try they mostly end up wearing black clothes. XD

Usually, I'll end up having someone with a good knowledge of battle tactics, doesn't talk much, and often considers himself an "unofficial member" of a group.

Meh, there's two things I do. Half the time I'll choose from a specific "set" of characters I've used, and if none of them seem right for the job (happens quite a bit here) I'll come up with someone completely new.

As for character habits, I like to lean toward caring and sweet, sarcastic and snarky, or occasionally I'll make one who's seriously messed up or doesn't give a fuck about anyone.

My character is always named Thorn. If she is human, she has red hair, freckles, and hazel eyes. Oh yeah, she's always female.

I tend to play shy, quiet characters who don't really talk a lot. They're always female (I never play male characters.) and will always have dark hair and dark eyes. In fact, it tends to be that I play the same character in all the roleplays I've done, but the only thing I do different is that I change the name.

I mix it up, but usually I have like a cool, casual character who understands him/herself well and seems to take situations positively.

A good chunk of my characters are named Starr, but I'll occasionally mix it up a bit. Most are male, but I'll occasionally make the character female if I think the Pokémon or personality fits that gender better.

Most of my characters have been either carefree, happy people or antisocial stick-in-the-muds. Also, everyone's male. I don't really know why; it's just harder for me to create and maintain female identities. I did try to once, but the RP closed before I was able to finish development.

I mix it up. I try and make new characters a lot. I had also started to use characters that used to be just used in one RPG series and use it somewhere else. (Example: Deax and Jax)

Mine are almost always guys. :B No real reason why, they just always end up male.

Also I usually make mine up as I go along. I tend to get a kick out of it when people compliment me on how well thought out my character is when I just c+p the sign up sheet into a reply and start making crap up off the top of my head. :D

Back
Top Bottom