• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Faorzia vs Wargle

I mean we'll be capped anyway so let's just go for it.

IF uh, it's not hittable for any reason besides a sub, then chill. (Hehe, ice puns)

Ice Punch/chill x3

what the heck was I thinking
oh right I wasn't. herp derp tavvy when have I ever put you in a good situation? (never). uh idk what I was planning-

Start with a 10% sub for an Ice Punch, and for your next two actions Uproar. Let him know exactly how you feel about having to deal with his nasty ice and rocks and stuff! also you can rant about me, since that'll be more fun for our master eifie to write.

10% Sub ~ Uproar 2x

Round Seven

Faorzia (1/2 left)
Starly
Octavian Rush
Ability: Keen Eye
Health: 60%
Energy: 92%
Status: Chirping squeakily in relief. +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack.

Wargle (2/2 left)
Cubchoo
Martimur ♂ @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Snow Cloak
Health: 16%
Energy: 38%
Status: Falling down to one knee as the exhaustion sets in... +4 Attack, +1 Accuracy.

------------------------------​

Eager not to leave himself open to another Cascade of Icy Doom, Tavvy wastes no time in gathering an assortment of scattered bits of his teammate Whispering Neige left behind from her untimely defeat. She won't mind, right? Some white fur her, some leaves there, and a smidgeon of berry juice to glue it all together... Indeed, it is a masterpiece. He has reshaped his teammate to form a dashing image of himself! Tavvy takes a precious second to preen in front of his oh-so-handsome doppelganger before breathing a bit of his own life energy into it... just in time for Martimur's Icy Fist of Fury to tear it apart with one blow. Oh, well. What Whispering Neige doesn't know won't hurt her.

But really, how could his trainer have let a handsome Starly like himself get into such a loathesome situation? This displeases Tavvy, so he opens his mouth wide and bellows at the top of his lungs, "FAORZIA MY MAN I AM FAR TOO DIGNIFIED AND HANDSOME TO BE PLACED IN A PRECARIOUS SITUATION SUCH AS THIS. RECALL ME AT ONCE."

Faorzia refuses.

"WHAT THE FLAP DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME, YOU LITTLE [redacted as it would offend your grandma bird]? I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I GRADUATED TOP OF MY CLASS IN THE NAVY SEALS, AND I'VE BEEN INVOLVED IN NUMEROUS SECRET RAIDS ON AL-QUAEDA, AND I HAVE OVER 300 CONFIRMED KILLS. I AM TRAINED IN— BAAAAAAAAWK!"

Martimur, quite irritated at the lack of originality in this rant, attempts to interrupt his opponent's speech with his Icy Fist of Fury, striking the tender joint where Tavvy's left wing attaches to his body. The Starly screeches in agony, falling down on his side, but yet cannot be stopped...

"I AM TRAINED IN GORILLA WARFARE AND I'M THE TOP SNIPER IN THE ENTIRE US ARMED FORCES— HEY, HEY, MARTIMUR, ARE YOU HEARING THIS? MARTIMUR! STAND TO AND PAY ATTENTION TO ME AT ONCE!"

Alas, the racket is too much for the exhausted Martimur, who falls limply to his side, paws vainly clasped over his ears, unconscious.

Faorzia (1/2 left)
Starly
Octavian Rush
Health: 25%
Energy: 77%
Status: "YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME BUT JUST ANOTHER TARGET." +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack.
Used: Substitute (10%) ~ Uproar ~ Uproar

Wargle (1/2 left)
Cubchoo
Martimur ♂ @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Snow Cloak
Health: 0%
Energy: 32%
Used: Ice Punch ~ Ice Punch ~ nothing

Arena Status
  • The place where Whispering Neige was one standing is surrounded by crumbled rock. The ground caves in in several places.

Damage and Energy
  • Octavian Rush's Health: 60% - 10% (Substitute) - 25% (Ice Punch) = 25%
  • Octavian Rush's Substitute: 10% - 22% (Ice Punch) = 0%
  • Octavian Rush's Energy: 92% - 5% (Substitute) - 5% (Uproar) - 5% (Uproar) = 77%
  • Martimur's Health: 16% - 11% (Uproar) - 11% (Uproar) = 0%
  • Martimur's Energy: 38% - 3% (Ice Punch) - 3% (Ice Punch) = 32%

Notes
  • Speed order: Octavian Rush (60) rants alone.
  • The second Ice Punch was a critical hit...
  • Wargle sends out, then Faorzia commands first.

Nice Uproar. +1 upboat

Let's have a nice Bird/Bird battle (massaacre) with (the obviously superior) Washibon!

ugh I do this every time

Endeavor, Tavvy. If you see a Protect shield or you just can't whale on him that action for whatever reason, Work Up. If there's a sub, go with a Frustration. After you hit once with Endeavor, continue Work Up.

Endeavor / Work Up / Frustration 3x

Endeavor will only take to the cap, and will take a lot of energy. Hmmm. Ooh I see. Hey Washibon, this here Starly knocked out your friend! Are you gonna take that? No! Avenge him! Once your revenge is worked out, put those talons to good use.

Retaliate ~ Crush Claw ~ Crush Claw

Round Eight

Faorzia
Starly
Octavian Rush
Health: 25%
Energy: 77%
Status: "YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME BUT JUST ANOTHER TARGET." +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack.

Wargle
Rufflet
Washibon ♂ @ Eviolite
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

America Bird angrily ruffles his feathers, visibly affronted by the state of his pathetic opponent. What a disgrace! This kind of insult to his strength would not be tolerated in America. An American like him is capable of destroying a much tougher opponent than this!

"YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME BUT JUST ANOTHER TARGET. I WILL WIPE YOU THE FUCK OUT WITH PRECISION THE LIKES OF WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE ON THIS EARTH—"

Spouting what is obviously unintelligible nonsense (can't the Starly speak basic American?), Tavvy barrels forward toward Washibon with all his strength, feathers sticking straight up on end as he approaches to slam into his opponent with all his strength. The next few moments are obscured in a frenzy of feathers and talons, interspersed with cries of "YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD, KID" from one battler and "AMERICA WILL NEVER DIE" from the other. Enraged at this offense to all of America, America Bird finally finds an opening to take control of the situation, lifting up into the air to grab Tavvy in his talons and fling the Starly bodily to the ground.

"THAT'S FOR MARTIMUR, YOU TRASH! A GOOD MAN. A GOOD AMERICAN."

Shaken by this sudden ferocity from the tiny America Bird, it's all Tavvy can do to mumble some half-heartedly encouraging words under his breath in an attempt to pump himself back up. Washibon bristles. That's not the American national anthem he's hearing! He cannot allow this! Furiously he lifts up one leg as his talons begin to glow with the force of pure American steel. With a screech of "FOR AMERICA!" he brings his claws down to slice into his opponent's clearly imported feathers, and with a strangled cry the Starly finally gives up and collapses onto his side in the soil. And with this sacrifice, America Bird claims this land in the name of America.

Faorzia
Starly
Octavian Rush
Health: 0%
Energy: 39%
Used: Endeavour ~ Work Up

Wargle
Rufflet
Washibon ♂ @ Eviolite
Health: 60% (capped)
Energy: 89%
Status: Wait... he's NOT READY TO SPROUT INTO AMERICA BIRD YET? This is an outrage!
Used: Retaliate ~ Crush Claw

Arena Status
  • The place where Whispering Neige was one standing is surrounded by crumbled rock. The ground caves in in several places.

Damage and Energy
  • Octavian Rush's Health: 25% - 17% (Retaliate) - 9% (Crush Claw) = 0%
  • Octavian Rush's Energy: 77% - 38% (Endeavour) - 2% (Work Up) = 37%
  • Washibon's Health: 100% - 75% (Endeavour) = 60% (capped)
  • Washibon's Energy: 100% - 7% (Retaliate) - 4% (Crush Claw) = 89%

Notes
  • (I've been on a Yu-Gi-Oh kick lately.)
  • The Pokémon were tied for Speed, so I broke the tie by command order.
  • Annnnd there we go! Wargle is the winner and gets $16, 2 exp and happiness for Martimur, and 2 exp and happiness for baby America Bird. Faorzia gets $8, 2 exp and happiness for Tavvy, and 1 exp and happiness for Whispering Neige. idk how much I get, let the database figure it out.
  • Happy birthday, Wargle! In America.

Last edited:
WASHIBON IS AMERICA BIRB

I mean, good battle, Wargle :D and tysm for the reffings, master Eifie-

Back
Top Bottom