• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blu's Sprite Circus! Again!

Bluwiikoon

All is fair in love and war
Pronoun
he/him
Some people may remember this from the old forums. To those people, hi! But anyway, this is a thread of sprites, and I sprite things. Egads!

These are the things I can do! And a lot of these examples are old, sorry. XD;

Things Blu can do (pointless heading!)

Recolours
asianpear.gif
furretales.gif
bluemoon.gif

The most difficult form of spriting ever. I'm still having nightmares from the last one. ;__;

Splicing
starrytress.gif
typhlonituff.gif
spliceofsix.gif

Mixing those pokies up. I can do from two to six of them, though the sixes end up a bit crazy.

Dittofying
dittomewtwo.gif
dittolatias.gif
dittoshaymin.gif

These speak for themselves, really.

Ghostifying
ghostbeautifly.gif
ghostkyogre.gif
ghostoctillery.gif

Something killed all these Pokemon, and now they're back to Starstorm people in the face!

Editing
merrytogetic.gif
merrybanette.gif
cyndra.gif

These could probably count as less severe disguises, but anyway! Giving pokies a random hat or a goofy face or what-have-you.

Disguising
midboss.gif
kakashichu.gif
edgeworth.gif

Dressing up poor, innocent, defenceless Pokemon, and giving them fancy hairdos. To be honest, I don't really like doing these.

Revamping
silverslowpoke.gif
goldslowpoke.gif
greenslowbro.gif

Making old sprites betterified! All my revamps so far have been Slowpoke. XD;

Iconing
arceusavy.gif
safari.gif
tinyinika.gif

Sprites that are small, sometimes chibi, and can be used as icon type things. Sizes are 50x50, 32x32, and 9x9.

Scratching
scrmew.png
sealerus.png
scratchmudkip.gif

Making sprites completely from scratch! That Mew isn't transparent because it smells.

EB-scratching
claus-1.gif
straydog.gif
polly.gif

Sprites with palettes and sizes from EarthBound. You can also use these in PK Hacks, if you know how.

And now for the rules!

Rules
-Don't flood meeeee. The last time that happened, I kinda died. XD; Six requests in the queue at the most, be patient.
-Give credit! This should really be common sense, but y'know.
-The s is for sucks! Actually, I can't think of a third rule. The above two pretty much sum everything up.

And now for the difficulty chart things! These'll give you a rough idea of how long it will take for things to be finished.

Difficulty Chart things

Easy
Dittifying
Ghostifying
Editing
Easy splicing
9x9 icons

Not-so-easy-but-not-so-difficult-either
Average splicing
Iconing
Revamping
Complicated editing?
Small scratches

Difficult
Complexy splicing
Disguises
Big revamps
Big scratches

The most difficult thing in the universe
Recolouring O____________O
Runner up: Disguising, when it's 4387 of them in a row.

That's all you need to know, I think. So! Who wants a BlackWarGreymon? I mean, a splice? I do have a BlackWarGreymon on DW3, though.

The Queue:
no

Last edited:
Re: Blu's sprite circus! Again!

Your sprites are awesome and I'm so glad you're back again, I never really got to know you before other than your spriting because I joined around the same time you left, but as I think I've already said a whole ton of times, I love your srites and they are so coooool~

Um, yes. Anyway, I was wondering if you could maybe possibly disguise a Buizel as Ema Skye, from Phoenix Wright? I can't remember if you ever did an Ema disguise before, so if you did, er.. sorry. But, if you could do that, it'd be wonderful. <3

in b4 thread gets swamped No seriously, good to see you back, Blu. :D

Anyway, there are some fakemon of mine I've been dying to have spritified and no one's ever gotten around to them D: It'd probably take you a while but that's fine and I'm willing to wait, as long as someone does them eventually.

one
two
three

Scratch, create using splices, pixel-over (reduced to 80x80 or so and only if you do that sort of thing)... I don't really care, whatever'd be easiest for you. The poses they're in already are fine, if that works for you, but you can reposition them if you need to. If this counts as multiple requests then feel free to ignore two of them until you're ready to take on more.

It's a lot to ask, I know, but... I'd just really like to have them sprited. If you don't want to do it then that's fine, too, but I figured there's no harm in asking. Please? :D

And as usual, those crazy multi-Pokémon splices and Dittofied things are endlessly amusing. :D

sweeney.gif
lovett.gif

Kai's already seen these, but here's the Sweeney Todd disguises! Somewhat undetailed, because I haven't seen the movie and don't wanna get things too wrong.

Also, I think I might as well post stuff that I've made in the void of deadness. :3;

ebchimera.gif

OH GOD RUN
In order to use this in PK Hack, you have to get rid of the darker blue and replace it with dithering, though. It was made at a time when I didn't know how palettes work, and how the first colour's always transparent.

grftralts.gif

A Grass/Fighting Ralts, from my quiz results. Rhyming, too.

greenslowpoke.gif
blueslowpoke.gif
yellowslowpoke.gif

Japanese Green, Red/Blue, Yellow. Heh, I guess I can now recognise what game a Slowpoke's from, thanks to these revamps.

noseoctunasectasaurceus.gif

This was actually made in the space where we weren't supposed to post. A splice of six of my favourites at the moment! It's vaguely horrifying, but I can't help thinking it's adorable.

Mhal: Thanks! It's too bad that we never did get to talk, though hopefully the new forums'll change that. I don't think I have sprited an Ema before, though there is a Maya Buizel.

Kratos: Good to see you back, too! And I'd love to scratch-sprite your fakes, they're really awesomely designed. :D I think it's clever how their tails look like waves.

Also, if anyone lost the urls to sprites I made them and want to see them again, just give me a shout. They're all still there in the Photobucket, so if you were all like "HEY BLU WHERES MITTO D:", I'd be all like "oh hey here he is".

Also, super-sorries to Butterfree for posting a topic when we weren't meant to. :( I guess I was rather rash about it.

Your many-pokemon splices never cease to amaze me/make me laugh/something. They're awesome, anyway, and that vaugely horrifying one there is AMAZING, oh I love it.

I'm also loving the evilcrazy one with the huge mouth and everything.

And ohhh, I remember now, I did kind of remember some PW character you'd done from a Buizel, but I couldn't remember who it was. So, um, if you want to use a different pokemon that's fine, in fact it'd be kind of cool if you did a different pokemon disguised as Ema instead, as long as you haven't started yet. Mm... not sure what pokemon though, so if you don't feel like thinking about it then Buizel is ok. I just thought it might be boring for you to do another Buizel disguise and interesting if you did a different pokemon. But also it might be a pain to think of one so I DON'T KNOW.

Do what you want, I don't mind either way and I'm indecisive. XD

spraylet.gif

This might look pixelovered, but I actually just kept looking at the ref really closely. I think that's called eyeballing? I'll get started on the next one tomorrow, though let me know if you want anything changed around. Personally, it seems a little small to me...

ema.gif
will.gif

Summersky, willpower. Pachirisu seems to really suit Ema, somehow!

Heh, sorry I keep leaving this thread on a cliffhanger. :D; Thursday hopefully won't be too busy.

oh my god does Mia possess that little girl

that is really creepy ;__;

:D
Oh, I love it~

I'm amazed that you could actually do her clothes on Pachirisu's little tiny body, I had to look really closely but you got them all and that's so cool~ Is it alright if I put it in my sig? With credit, of course.

And yes Mia actually does posess Pearl at one point, I was more than a little bit scarred but um.

Can I have a Vulpix in disguise as Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog?

How about disguises for grovyle as sogeking and medicham as lucci (both from One Piece)?

Blu have I ever told you that I love your sprites? I think I have, but I must say it again! I LOVE THEM. FRIGGIN' HARDCORE LOVE. ;A; Like, I especially love those Earthbound scratch sprites.. and the disguises are really awesome too.

When you're not totally swamped with stuff, could you make a 50x50 icon for me? o: Of Timmy? If you need a ref of him or something.. I can get you one but he pretty much just looks like how he does in my avatar. *points* If you can't pixel him standing on two legs, you could make him a quad or something.

Thanks in advance.. :D

Hmm, let's have a scratch.
Kontan.
It is Beige, with Pidgeotto wings and a Scyther pose. It has fangs and has claws on hands and tail. Thanks!
P.S. Back sprite too.

Obviously, some of you lack the ability to read, do maths, and have patience. >:(

I'm not doing wolftamer9's requests, because I have no idea what they look like, and it would've went over the limit. I'm not doing Terry T.'s, because the description isn't that detailed and I don't do backsprites, plus if it really is made up of other pokemon parts, you should really be able to do it yourself or without scratching. Celestial Blade's... well, I suppose there's nothing wrong with the request itself, but it still remains that all of you ignored the fact that there is a queue. I'm still doing the rest of the requests, but I'm gonna close them for a while.

I hate being so harsh, but really... reading other posts and connecting the dots isn't that difficult. Requests would've obviously been closed if I were around at the time, but I forgot that my dad was visiting today, thus busyness. The queue is also there for a reason, so that I don't become too flooded and end up not wanting to do anything for several months. People that have experience with this will agree. XD;

Anyway! Here are the things I've managed to get done.

mia.gif
zoraschar.gif

Mia Fey and Zora's character. Keep in mind that when putting trousers and dresses on Pokemon with big hips, they usually end up a bit stretched.

patamon.png

Just for fun, a Patamon scratch so far. Lookin' pretty hideous at the moment. XD;

Obviously, some of you lack the ability to read, do maths, and have patience. >:(

Maths never was my strong point at school.
Like I said, when you're not swamped. In other words, do it whenever you can be bothered?

Aww, I wasn't gonna not do it. There was still a space for it with the double-request discounted, but I digress. I'm really sorry for kinda exploding at everyone there. :( It was just a little annoying... hopefully it won't happen again.

tails.gif

Taails. Perhaps he needs to be more orange... hmm...

timmyav.gif

It's a Timmy! Let me know if you want anything changed around.

snake.png

This wasn't made very recently, but it's a snake! A rather loopy one.

aaaaaa I keep forgetting to reply to people.

Mhal: Thanks, and yep, of course you can. :D

You know, I think I might as well make that Hoothoot too. No harm in it. And I'm also thinking of making a disguise tutorial, since apparently I've been the only one able to do them since the oldBlucircus. I kinda doubt that, but a tutorial would be pretty handy! Plus it'll get me to do a disguise I've always wanted to do... what do you guys think, and would anyone use it?

Edit: Here's the Falcomon. It isn't very great, as it's only a recolour, though. Oh well.

falcomon.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom