• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

50s/60s/70s/80s/90s music lovers

I never claimed I was in a position to judge something like this either. But then again, I'm not the one actually doing the judging.

this generation is pretty much the epitome of creativity,

But in all seriousness, Retsu, I'm on your side. People who are always whining about how music was better back in the old days piss me off. I have the feeling that in twenty years, a generation will be looking back thinking "MCR... Fall Out Boy... now that was the shit. Today's bands can't possibly compare to those."

EDIT: Also my favorite song by Pink Floyd is Time.

Believe it or not, my favorite Pink Floyd song (at the moment, at least) is The Narrow Way (parts 1, 2, and 3) from the rather obscure album "Ummagumma". But right now I'm more into old-school Genesis. Peter Gabriel is <3.

Hmm, I've heard of Genesis but haven't actually listened to any of their music. Would you care to name one of your favorite songs by them? I'm somewhat interested

Well, people are probably more familiar with their later days, when they were headed by Phil Collins. Their most famous songs were, if I recall correctly, things like "Invisible Touch", "Land of Confusion", and "Follow You, Follow Me". Okay, but pop-ish, for the most part.

But back when they were headed by Peter Gabriel, they were way more progressive, but less accessible. I like this era a lot better, but your mileage may vary. Some of my favorites would have to be "Firth of Fifth", "Carpet Crawlers", and (if you don't mind REALLY long songs), "Supper's Ready".

The only Pink Floyd albums I have are the four that people actually care about (Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall) and also I own The Division Bell but I don't think I've ever listened to it. So I'm not too familiar with stuff like Echoes, or Atom Heart Mother, and whatnot.

Back
Top Bottom