• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2015 [ENDS SATURDAY 21st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2015

Actions: 8/8
Candy Cornn: 0

m2a9VI6.png

It takes a bit of nudging, but you manage to coax Fluttershy into coming with you into the Chateau. Inside, you see Superbird and his Houndoom performing some sort of arcane ritual with scented herbs. You wonder if there are more cultists lurking deeper in the mansion...

From here you can go north to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go west to the Storage Room, north to the Bedroom Hallway or east to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
If there are cultists in even this room, imagine the kind that's hanging around the food! Let's head to the Dining Hall!

Eifie:
Aw, too bad you can't learn Bounce, Barfie. Good thing you're made of cotton, so I can just pick you up and throw you— oof, what do you mean, you're a real Zigzagoon?!

Not to worry! These are the muscles that will make the future bright! I'm going to throw your somewhat weighty self up at the ceiling, and you can try Headbutting it, okay?
Actions: 4/8
Candy Cornn: 1
LIT3ijg.png

Barfie frowns at the suggestion that he weighs anything more than a piece of zigzag-striped puffed rice, but still lets you lift him up. You toss him up into the ceiling and Barfie howls, striking the ceiling with his forehead. The ceiling cracks and crumbles, and you and Barfie are covered in drywall and plaster dust.
The dust settles to reveal quite a mighty hole in the ceiling, a busted pipe... and a Haunter, just casually sitting on top of a pile of Candy Cornn. You make eye contact with him, and he suddenly remembers that he's supposed to be haunting the place! The Haunter's eyes glow red and he rushes towards you and Barfie, cackling, as a spectral wind blows and a feeling of dread makes the hairs on your neck stand straight up!

You open your eyes. The Haunter is gone, and the haunting seems to have knocked quite a few pieces of Candy Cornn loose. Barfie sets about collecting the six pieces of Candy Cornn that fell out of the ceiling.

A1qQvOZ.png

From here you can enter any one of the five Bedrooms, or return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

-----
JackPK:
Aha, success! Now let's head into the Library and see if there are any brute-force puzzles in there!
Actions: 6/8
sdilbMt.png

You climb the stairs and enter the Library with Bun Two Three Four. You can hear a distant, ghostly wailing, and as you stand in the doorway you can see books floating between the bookshelves, exchanging places. As you take a step into the room, the wailing stops and the books fall to the ground abruptly.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or, perhaps you'd like to examine an object, or ask your pokemon to use a move?

-----
Sangfroidish:
What a perfect excuse to break my tremendous inactivity streak while still not doing anything constructive! Let's sniff out some ghosties, Quelana.
m2a9VI6.png

You enter the Entrance Hall with Quelana, who is twirling her wand through her fingers, a bit bored. From here you can see that there's a hole in the furthermost wall, and one of the potted plants seems to be ... offended? There are also a few trainers milling about, poking things.

What a bunch of weirdos, Quelana thinks to herself.

From here you can go north to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go west to the Storage Room, north to the Bedroom Hallway or east to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
-----
Guestrodon:
"Aargh! CateGory come let's quickly hide in the Dining Hall!"
Actions: 5/8
Candy Cornn: 2

nImL84L.png

You and CateGory make your escape to the Dining Hall, which looks like it hasn't been touched in decades. There's a long, formal dining suite in the centre of the room, which probably would have been quite elegant in its time. Oddly, even though it looks like you're the first person to enter this room in many years, all the candles are lit...

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall, or go west to the Kitchen. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----
Faorzia:
:D Haunted mansion from home? Tavvy, let's go exploring!starly
m2a9VI6.png

You enter the Old Chateau with Tavvy on your shoulder, but only after a short wait in line - seems like the promise of exploration has attracted quite a few trainers, actually. The Entrance Hall is echoing with the shouts of trainers and their pokemon, as well as a few creepy giggles and shouts from what you assume to be ghost pokemon.

-----
Meursault:
bah. to the library!

sdilbMt.png

You and Delve leave the weird painting and head to the dimly-lit Library, where JackPK and Bun Two Three Four are already looking. Nothing seems to be happening, but Delve mentions that she can feel ghosts in here. She's not sure whether they're ghost pokemon or ghost-ghosts, but something's definitely up.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or, perhaps you'd like to examine an object, or ask your pokemon to use a move?

-----
Vipera Magnifica:
Hmm... there's still a pile of boxes in the southwest corner of the room. Since opening them individually would be boring... a fucking whale, could you use Rollout and bowl straight into the pile of boxes?
HXRsq5a.png

a fucking whale whistles as she curls herself into a tiny ball of whale, before spinning and bowling into the pile of boxes. Normally she would have probably broken straight through the wall into the night beyond, but tonight she merely sends the boxes flying. Most of the stuff is junk that you toss aside - broken pokeballs, a jar of eyeballs, empty potion bottles, some kind of weird, stale candy in a blue wrapper - but amongst the litter, you do find two more pieces of Candy Cornn, albeit slightly bruised.

A1qQvOZ.png

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

-----
Wargle:
That statue is most definitely holding out Candy Cornn and not sharing. Use Scary Face to intimidate it into coughing up the candy.
Actions: 7/8
m2a9VI6.png

The statue has resigned itself to being picked on, it seems. While it tries to keep up its facade of being a scary marble guardian, as Xero growls and bares his fangs, the statue whimpers and gives up a piece of Candy Cornn.

A1qQvOZ.png

-----
I liek Scythers:
I'm going in with Mr. Turtle.
wartortle

Zen Headbutt those trees to get the party started.
m2a9VI6.png

As soon as you and Mr. Turtle get into the Chateau, you waste no time looking around and get straight to business. The potted shrubs are pretty far apart, so Mr. Turtle settles for attacking the one to the right. Mr. Turtle's brow relaxes, and a shimmery purple aura appears in a halo around his head before he rushes and headbutts the pot plant. In response, the plant... doubles over and coughs? You now realise that it wasn't a plant at all, but a Sudowoodo pretending to be a ghost, pretending to be a plant. The Sudowoodo balks at being found out so easily - was my disguise that bad? - that in its hurry to resume its disguise, it drops a piece of Candy Cornn.

A1qQvOZ.png

-----
Keldeo:
Alright, next let's try Digging up that brownish spot in the lower-right corner! No way this can go wrong, right?
m2a9VI6.png

Pedri sets to work digging up the tiles in the bottom-right corner, earning a few quizzical glances from some of the less-experienced trainers. Though a gourgeist's arms aren't really suited to this kind of work, Pedri eventually breaks through the grouting and reveals a small hidden cavity. Maybe there was a switch somewhere that was supposed to reveal this secret spot? Anyway, Pedri is rewarded with a piece of Candy Cornn. Who knows how long it's been there...

A1qQvOZ.png

-----
serpentjester:
hmm. okay man, i want you to go under the left staircase and sniff around. see if you can find us some cornn!
m2a9VI6.png

Seaborne sets about sniffing the bottom of the staircase, before circling around to where a cupboard would normally be... there's a seam in the wood here, but no handle or anything! Seaborne can definitely smell Candy Cornn! He barks, excitedly, which elicits a growling response from the staircase. A thin, shadowy claw reaches out from the crack in the wood and swipes you both aggresively, but thankfully misses. Seaborne barks at the shadow - Why would you do that we're just trying to find Candy Cornn!!!

-----
Superbird:
Well, if there was candy cornn in one of the shrubberies, there's bound to be some in the other also. Let's use Thief to see if we can't get ourselves some of it.
m2a9VI6.png

Deru saunters up to the shrubbery on the right, which is a perfect, rigid image of an innocent pot plant. Deru reaches behind the pot plant and taps it on the shoulder, and as the plant turns to look, he silently pickpockets the shrub and finds a piece of Candy Cornn. The Sudowoodo sweats nervously as the incense makes its head spin - how could he tell? and how did he pickpocket me? I didn't even know I had pockets! Deru smiles and hands you the Candy Cornn, watching the Sudowoodo go through some kind of internal crisis.

A1qQvOZ.png

-----
Totodile:
If there are cultists in even this room, imagine the kind that's hanging around the food! Let's head to the Dining Hall!
nImL84L.png

You walk into the Dining Hall, with Fluttershy at your heels, trying not to look too hard at anything that could be spooky. The Dining Hall looks like it would have been pretty fancy, once, but now it's all cobwebs and thick dust and mold spots. Gross. It's pretty dimly-lit in here, with the only light coming from the wavering, flickering candles. A Noctowl hoots outside one of the windows, and Fluttershy shrieks and jumps into your arms.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall, or go west to the Kitchen. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
-----
Ether's Bane
I'll enter with Viskran, my Chespin.
m2a9VI6.png

After a considerable wait in line, you and Viskran finally enter the Old Chateau to what can only be described as ... chaos. Haunted or not, citizens of Asber are enthusiastically tearing the place apart, digging up the floor, attacking the pot plants, and ... bullying a statue? You and Viskran exchange glances, but you're not entirely surprised. You can only hope the spirits don't turn vengeful towards the trainers while you're in here.

Last edited:

Eifie:

LIT3ijg.png

Barfie frowns at the suggestion that he weighs anything more than a piece of zigzag-striped puffed rice, but still lets you lift him up. You toss him up into the ceiling and Barfie howls, striking the ceiling with his forehead. The ceiling cracks and crumbles, and you and Barfie are covered in drywall and plaster dust.
The dust settles to reveal quite a mighty hole in the ceiling, a busted pipe... and a Haunter, just casually sitting on top of a pile of Candy Cornn. You make eye contact with him, and he suddenly remembers that he's supposed to be haunting the place! The Haunter's eyes glow red and he rushes towards you and Barfie, cackling, as a spectral wind blows and a feeling of dread makes the hairs on your neck stand straight up!

You open your eyes. The Haunter is gone, and the haunting seems to have knocked quite a few pieces of Candy Cornn loose. Barfie sets about collecting the six pieces of Candy Cornn that fell out of the ceiling.

A1qQvOZ.png

From here you can enter any one of the five Bedrooms, or return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room.

Oh, poor Barfie :C I didn't mean to throw you into the ceiling quite so hard... maybe you could use a rest. Let's go into bedroom 4.

Totodile:

nImL84L.png

You walk into the Dining Hall, with Fluttershy at your heels, trying not to look too hard at anything that could be spooky. The Dining Hall looks like it would have been pretty fancy, once, but now it's all cobwebs and thick dust and mold spots. Gross. It's pretty dimly-lit in here, with the only light coming from the wavering, flickering candles. A Noctowl hoots outside one of the windows, and Fluttershy shrieks and jumps into your arms.

Silly Fluttershy, you aren't a goofy Great Dane! Hmm ... let's go rifle through that cupboard thing hiding away in the corner.

ultraviolet;658786[B said:
Keldeo:[/B]

m2a9VI6.png

Pedri sets to work digging up the tiles in the bottom-right corner, earning a few quizzical glances from some of the less-experienced trainers. Though a gourgeist's arms aren't really suited to this kind of work, Pedri eventually breaks through the grouting and reveals a small hidden cavity. Maybe there was a switch somewhere that was supposed to reveal this secret spot? Anyway, Pedri is rewarded with a piece of Candy Cornn. Who knows how long it's been there...

A1qQvOZ.png

We could move, but why move when we could Trick that right potted plant into giving up everything in its pockets? I guess I'll stay back here with your Cornn, so it doesn't think you're going to trade.

Lick all the bookshelves until a Candy Cornn falls out. Or, y'know, just look and see if you can find any among the books.

[
Wargle:

m2a9VI6.png

The statue has resigned itself to being picked on, it seems. While it tries to keep up its facade of being a scary marble guardian, as Xero growls and bares his fangs, the statue whimpers and gives up a piece of Candy Cornn.

A1qQvOZ.png

Hmm, go to the Library, Xero wants to read the encyclopedia entry on Aerodactyl and fact check it

Guestrodon:

nImL84L.png

You and CateGory make your escape to the Dining Hall, which looks like it hasn't been touched in decades. There's a long, formal dining suite in the centre of the room, which probably would have been quite elegant in its time. Oddly, even though it looks like you're the first person to enter this room in many years, all the candles are lit...

*Sniff*Sniff* "These Candy Cornns smell kinda delicious, I haven't smelled anything like this before! What do you think CateGory?
I have got an idea! Now that you know what a Candy Cornn smells like, use Odor Sleuth to sniff out any that are nearby!"

Superbird:

m2a9VI6.png

Deru saunters up to the shrubbery on the right, which is a perfect, rigid image of an innocent pot plant. Deru reaches behind the pot plant and taps it on the shoulder, and as the plant turns to look, he silently pickpockets the shrub and finds a piece of Candy Cornn. The Sudowoodo sweats nervously as the incense makes its head spin - how could he tell? and how did he pickpocket me? I didn't even know I had pockets! Deru smiles and hands you the Candy Cornn, watching the Sudowoodo go through some kind of internal crisis.

A1qQvOZ.png

Guestrodon and I have similar ideas, but given it's already got the dining room and a lot of people are already elsewhere, I think Deru and I shall go to the Bedroom Hallway.

(oocq: can we command multiple actions at a time?)

Bobino:
Majin! You'd be right at home in a spooky house, let's go look!

m2a9VI6.png

Majin floats ahead of you into the mansion, clearly excited to be in an actual haunted house. The Entrance Hall is a mess - most of the room looks like it was already about to fall apart, and treasure-hunting trainers have knocked over furniture and torn holes in the walls.

-----

Eifie:
Oh, poor Barfie :C I didn't mean to throw you into the ceiling quite so hard... maybe you could use a rest. Let's go into bedroom 4.
Actions: 3/8
Candy Cornn: 7

Q212vEz.png

You and Barfie step into the fourth Bedroom, sweeping aside a spider web as you enter. It's very dark in there, and the walls are stained with... something. The black-and-purple painting on the wall catches your eye; it depicts an alien-looking landscape.

From here you can return to the Bedroom Hallway. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----

Totodile:
Silly Fluttershy, you aren't a goofy Great Dane! Hmm ... let's go rifle through that cupboard thing hiding away in the corner.

nImL84L.png

"Come on, Scoob," you say as you carry Fluttershy through the Dining Hall. "Let's find out who this cupboard really is."

The shelves above the cupboard are stacked with grimy porcelain plates and wine glasses. As for the cupboard itself, it's been chained shut with a massive padlock, but there are several holes in the rotting wood for you to look through. You peek into one of the holes - inside, you see a whole handful of Candy Cornn! If only you could reach it...

-----

Keldeo:
We could move, but why move when we could Trick that right potted plant into giving up everything in its pockets? I guess I'll stay back here with your Cornn, so it doesn't think you're going to trade.

m2a9VI6.png

Pedri casually strolls over to the potted plant on the other side of the room. On the way, he scoops up a clump of dirt from the floor. You give him a quizzical look, but he winks at you as if to say, 'Trust me'.

"Excuse me, mister!" he exclaims, waving his arms in front of the pot plant. "Yes, you!"

The pot plant shakes its leaves and grunts. "Ugh, another one? What do you want?"

"Why, hello there!" Pedri grins. "If I'm not mistaken, you're a Sudowoodo pretending to be a ghost pretending to be a tree, aren't you?"

The Sudowoodo eyes him suspiciously. "Maybe. What's it to you?"

"In that case, do I have a deal for you, buddy!" Pedri holds up the clump of dirt and sniffs it lovingly. "This here is some prime Mega Dirt. What's Mega Dirt, you ask?"

"No, I don't ask - "

"Put it in your flower pot! Put it in your tea! Anywhere, any time - it's Mega Dirt!"

"Okay, look, I'm not really interest - "

"Normally a Dirt is $20, but a Mega Dirt is only $10.99!"

The Sudowoodo sighs. "I guess that is a pretty good deal. Alright, I'll trade you one piece of Candy Cornn for it, but not a penny more, you hear?"
A1qQvOZ.png

"Done and done!" Pedri shakes the Sudowoodo's hand and quickly swaps the dirt for the Candy Cornn. "Pleasure doing business with you, bye!"

"Hey, wait a minute!" the Sudowoodo yells as Pedri runs away. "This isn't a Mega Dirt, this is just a regular Dirt!"

But Pedri is already gone, hiding with you behind the staircase again. You realize that Pedri is now a Zorua pretending to be a Gourgeist pretending to be a salesman. You both laugh.

-----

Meursault:
Lick all the bookshelves until a Candy Cornn falls out. Or, y'know, just look and see if you can find any among the books.

sdilbMt.png

Delve rubs her slobbery tongue all over the books in the bookshelves, apparently enjoying herself. For the most part, this does nothing but ruin an incredibly valuable collection of rare books. However, three of the books recoil in disgust and fly away, flapping their pages like wings! They each drop a Candy Cornn in their wake!

"Ghosts these days," one of them mutters as it disappears through the door.

A1qQvOZ.png

You quickly gather the three pieces of Candy Cornn. Then you tell Delve to stop licking the books...

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

-----

Wargle:
Hmm, go to the Library, Xero wants to read the encyclopedia entry on Aerodactyl and fact check it

sdilbMt.png

You walk into the Library and see Meursault's Haunter rubbing its tongue all over the books. Awkward. You decide not to ask any questions.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----

Guestrodon:
*Sniff*Sniff* "These Candy Cornns smell kinda delicious, I haven't smelled anything like this before! What do you think CateGory?
I have got an idea! Now that you know what a Candy Cornn smells like, use Odor Sleuth to sniff out any that are nearby!"

nImL84L.png

CateGory sniffs the air carefully. The Chateau is full of smells: mold, plaster, Pokémon, even perfume for some reason... but after concentrating for a while, he manages to pick out the sweet scent of Candy Cornn. He leads you through the Dining Hall and points out several innocuous spots you would've never thought to search yourself - a loose floor tile, a broken chair, and the underside of the old dinner table.
A1qQvOZ.png

All in all, you find three pieces of Candy Cornn. You don't particularly want to think about how they got there.

-----

Superbird:
Guestrodon and I have similar ideas, but given it's already got the dining room and a lot of people are already elsewhere, I think Deru and I shall go to the Bedroom Hallway.

(oocq: can we command multiple actions at a time?)

LIT3ijg.png

The Bedroom Hallway is in a sorry state. Someone has torn a gaping hole in the wall, through which you can see the Entrance Hall, and the ceiling has been smashed through too.

From here you can enter any one of the five Bedrooms, or return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

(If you're just moving between rooms, I suppose it doesn't really matter much if you command multiple movements in the same post. However, if you examine something or use a move, you will have to wait and see what the consequences are. Overall, I would recommend waiting for a response before you make your next action.)

Last edited:

Totodile:

nImL84L.png

"Come on, Scoob," you say as you carry Fluttershy through the Dining Hall. "Let's find out who this cupboard really is."

The shelves above the cupboard are stacked with grimy porcelain plates and wine glasses. As for the cupboard itself, it's been chained shut with a massive padlock, but there are several holes in the rotting wood for you to look through. You peek into one of the holes - inside, you see a whole handful of Candy Cornn! If only you could reach it...
So close! How to reach it ... well, subtlety isn't our strong suit. I'm not sure how strong or weak the rotted wood is, but it should give way under a strong Skull Bash! And the defense boost will even absorb the impact a little (I hope). Just try not to hit the padlock instead ...

Guestrodon:

nImL84L.png

CateGory sniffs the air carefully. The Chateau is full of smells: mold, plaster, Pokémon, even perfume for some reason... but after concentrating for a while, he manages to pick out the sweet scent of Candy Cornn. He leads you through the Dining Hall and points out several innocuous spots you would've never thought to search yourself - a loose floor tile, a broken chair, and the underside of the old dinner table.
A1qQvOZ.png

All in all, you find three pieces of Candy Cornn. You don't particularly want to think about how they got there.

"Let us check out the Cardboard Boxes to the eastern part of dining hall, there's got to be some candy cornn there!"

Last edited:

Wargle:

sdilbMt.png

You walk into the Library and see Meursault's Haunter rubbing its tongue all over the books. Awkward. You decide not to ask any questions.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Hmm, this room is bound to have some Candy Cornn, so let's take it with Theif

and uh, feel free to steal Meursault's too

serpentjester:

m2a9VI6.png

Seaborne sets about sniffing the bottom of the staircase, before circling around to where a cupboard would normally be... there's a seam in the wood here, but no handle or anything! Seaborne can definitely smell Candy Cornn! He barks, excitedly, which elicits a growling response from the staircase. A thin, shadowy claw reaches out from the crack in the wood and swipes you both aggresively, but thankfully misses. Seaborne barks at the shadow - Why would you do that we're just trying to find Candy Cornn!!!

whoa there buddyroll we are not jonesin' for death!!

head towards them bedroom hallways.

Eifie:

Q212vEz.png

You and Barfie step into the fourth Bedroom, sweeping aside a spider web as you enter. It's very dark in there, and the walls are stained with... something. The black-and-purple painting on the wall catches your eye; it depicts an alien-looking landscape.

From here you can return to the Bedroom Hallway. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Never fear, Barfie! You wait right here, and I'll check to see if that bed is safe--

creeeeeeaaaaaaaaak...

Eep. Actually, you know, I should guard the door. You go check it out.

and they told me licking things wouldn't get us anywhere in life!

Back to the entrance, then.

Totodile:
So close! How to reach it ... well, subtlety isn't our strong suit. I'm not sure how strong or weak the rotted wood is, but it should give way under a strong Skull Bash! And the defense boost will even absorb the impact a little (I hope). Just try not to hit the padlock instead ...

nImL84L.png

Fluttershy lowers her head, takes a deep breath, and charges into the cupboard with as much force as she can muster. The wood gives way easily - she smashes right through it and ends up with her head stuck in the cupboard! The plates and wine glasses come crashing down, shattering into hundreds of pieces, but fortunately nothing lands on you. You pull Fluttershy out of the cupboard; she seems to be fine too, if a bit dazed.
A1qQvOZ.png

You reach into the cupboard and claim six pieces of Candy Cornn! Satisfied, you step away from the cupboard, careful not to step on any shards.

-----

Guestrodon:
"Let us check out the Cardboard Boxes to the eastern part of dining hall, there's got to be some candy cornn there!"
Candy Cornn: 5

nImL84L.png

You head towards the eastern end of the Dining Hall, where you find that Totodile and her Pokémon have just knocked over one of the cupboards and are busy searching it for loot. They've left the cardboard boxes untouched, though. You pry one of the boxes open - it's filled with salty licorice. Disgusting.

You move on to the second box. When you open it, a thick, black smoke pours out! The smoke smells like sulfur and makes your eyes water, so you quickly take a step back and wave it out of your face. But more and more gas seems to well forth, as if there were an endless supply of it contained in that tiny box. There's no way to see what's inside the box unless you find a way to clear the smoke...

-----

Wargle:
Hmm, this room is bound to have some Candy Cornn, so let's take it with Theif

and uh, feel free to steal Meursault's too

sdilbMt.png

You order Xero to steal. You don't tell him who to steal from, though. He scratches his head and looks around the room. There's two other trainers there, but both Meursault and JackPK are staring at him in a way that seems to say "don't even think about it". Gulp.

But suddenly, Xero spots something in the corner of his eye - one of the books moved! He approaches it slowly and takes a closer look. The book is covered with Haunter saliva and seems to be... shuddering with disgust. He grabs the book reluctantly - careful not to get any spit on his claws - and flips it open.

"Shit," the book says. "Uh, boo! I'm a spooky ghost book! OoOooOOoOoo! You better run away!"
A1qQvOZ.png

Xero rolls his eyes and shakes the book upside down until it drops three pieces of Candy Cornn.

"Whatever," the book mutters, "I didn't even want those anyway."

-----

serpentjester:
whoa there buddyroll we are not jonesin' for death!!

head towards them bedroom hallways.

LIT3ijg.png

You decide that risking a fight against the ghost claw isn't worth it. Still, you make a mental note of its location, in case you want to come back for that hidden Candy Cornn later.

Instead, you and Seaborne head up the stairs and into the Bedroom Hallway. Someone has smashed huge holes in this room, stirring up dust everywhere... and for some reason, you can smell perfume too.

From here you can enter any one of the five Bedrooms, or return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----

Eifie:
Never fear, Barfie! You wait right here, and I'll check to see if that bed is safe--

creeeeeeaaaaaaaaak...

Eep. Actually, you know, I should guard the door. You go check it out.
Actions: 2/8

Q212vEz.png

The room feels colder all of a sudden. You're not sure if you're imagining it, but it sounds like quiet whispers are coming from the walls... and you get the feeling that someone is watching you. You stand guard by the door while Barfie hesitantly crawls into the bed to investigate.

After a while, you become aware that Barfie has gone unusually quiet. You turn around, and see that he has fallen asleep in the bed! You're not sure if the bed is cursed or if this is just normal Barfie behavior, but either way it's bad news. The whispers in the walls are growing louder and louder...! What will you do?

-----

I liek Scythers:
Into the Dining Hall we go, Mr. Turtle!

nImL84L.png

You and Mr. Turtle leave the pot plant behind and head into the Dining Hall. As you're about to enter, you hear a loud crash and the sound of shattering china. You look into the room cautiously... Inside, you see Totodile and Fluttershy rummaging through a cupboard they've clearly just smashed open. Apparently you're not the only person who likes to headbutt things.

-----

Meursault:
and they told me licking things wouldn't get us anywhere in life!

Back to the entrance, then.
Candy Cornn: 3

m2a9VI6.png

You leave the Library and return to the Entrance Hall. That painting you examined earlier is still there - for some reason, none of the other trainers have touched it or seemingly even noticed it. Strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom