• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How many Pokédexes (or Pokédex equivalents) have you completed?

Re: How many Pokédexes (or Pokédex equivalents) have you completed?

in chronological order: white, white 2, x, alpha sapphire, yellow

yellow was the hardest tbh

How was yellow hardest? It seems like the easiest cause of the easy to find version exclusives in other games and the small pokedex.

I've actually taken it upon me to complete the dex in Omega Ruby. We'll see how that goes. I spent 3 hours breeding Pokemon on my Y version last night, one by one duplicating every Pokemon I knew I didn't have on Omega Ruby. I was actually kinda annoyed at having to retire at 4 am! I wanted to keep going.

By "completed", do you mean having caught all or having seen all? And which Pokédex? National or Regional?

Generally people mean "caught all" when they say completed. But I think either National or Regional would count.

I never completed any of the other regional pokédexes in Omega Ruby lol. My dedication to science just isn't strong enough.

At my rate of Pokedex completion, I would certainly count seeing all the Pokemon as some kind of win, haha! The farthest I am in any game is in Emerald, with 311/386 seen and 253/386 caught.

I think I also completed the RS Pinball Pokédex?
!!!!! I've actually done this! So I HAVE completed a Pokedex!

hah! i've completed the Almia browser since my last post here...! but i don't think i'll be doing any real pokedex anytime soon.

I finished the Alola Pokedex, so I have a Shiny Charm for the first time in my life! And... a pokedex completion to my name, so that's weird. Had something like thirty to go and just made a push GTSing for the last trade evos and finishing out the Ultra Beasts plot.

Trying to put together some mons for the Battle Royal and Tree now, been doing some light breeding. Shinies so far is zero. =/

I have completed the national Pokédex in Omega Ruby. I think that that is the only game where I have caught all of the Pokémon.

None. Catching 'em all was never something I cared about, really.

None on the main games (its HARD.....when you can't trade easily or use any cheat devices :/)

But, I DO wanna complete my dex.......on delugerpg (which is online). Actually thats like my biggest goal on that game haha.

Although I also wanna train many of the pokemon i get on there too. Obviously.

<3

The new unova pokedex, but just because of the nature preserve. Also the Almia browser, because I had time and I am a completionist.

I also went out of my way to make sure I saw every single non mythical kalos pokemon... But that probably doesn't count.
Ended up turning into a massive completionist: I now have a full living national dex, as well as a living Alola and Galar dex in their respective games, in addition to the above. Currently working on a living Platinum dex, but due to the quarantine, I cant meet up with my friends who have Diamond or Pearl, so its on indefinite hiatus as of now.

The Galar dex in Sword. Also, the National dex in Diamond, minus a few legendaries that were unobtainable for me. That's all.

once the DLC comes out i plan to catch all the new pokémon so that one day, if gamefreak ever does release a national dex (which imo i don't really care that much if they do or not) into sword and shield, than i will get it gradually instead of all overwhelming. Since i was late to the game and the only reason i played the games like R/S/E and D/P and stuff was just to say i could, i rushed through them pretty fast because i couldn't stand the graphics (although i didn't mind HGSS at all for some reason) So i can only imagine how much easier the national dex was back then.

Completing the National dex in Diamond is nothing compared with obtaining these two trophies for my secret base in Gen III:

GlassOrnamentSprite.png

PrettyDeskSprite.png

I'll never get those hours of life back...

How do you get those trophies?
UPDATE: I found the newer versions so i kinda know what your talking about... idk i wasn't really into secret bases in R/S/E
elegantdesk.png
glassornament.png

Last edited:
How do you get those trophies?
UPDATE: I found the newer versions so i kinda know what your talking about... idk i wasn't really into secret bases in R/S/E
View attachment 461
View attachment 462
In RSE the Pidgeot statue is for achieving strong wins in all five kinds of Pokemon Contest at Master Rank, and the table can be purchased from the Glass Workshop in exchange for 8000 steps worth of volcanic ash. It's a bit different in ORAS, I read.

Back
Top Bottom