• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Purple Rain

Adriane

Super Moderator
Pronoun
she
It's been awhile since I've done this, much less for a DPPt metagame (not a particular fan of this generation's metagame, though the absence of Garchomp and Deoxys-S helps!) This is a pseudo-dualtype team (Water/Psychic) which I plan to use both ingame (read: Battle Frontier) and in battles against real people.

So... here's the lineup.

1. BRONZONG w/Damp Rock
Sassy | 252 HP / 86 ATK / 80 DEF / 92 SpD
~ Rain Dance
~ Stealth Rock
~ Gyro Ball
~ Explosion

This Bronzong isn't supposed to be a general tank, hence the weird moveset. Damp Rock lets the rain fall long enough for Kingdra to make judicious use out of it. Stealth Rock because it is the best move in the game, and Explosion is to finish the job. Smogon doesn't recommend Gyro Ball on this set (suggests Reflect instead) and I can see why... but I'd like a regular STAB attack for it to be usable ingame. But since Kingdra has Rain Dance itself as backup, perhaps this precaution isn't necessary and Reflect would provide a greater asset to his sweep.

2. KINGDRA w/Life Orb
Naughty | 200 ATK / 200 SpA / 108 SPE
~ Rain Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Hydro Pump
~ Draco Meteor

Water/Dragon is only resisted by Empoleon and Shedinja. Waterfall and Hydro Pump may seem like redundant STAB, but the special/physical split is there. Draco Meteor hits Dragons comparable to Ice Beam due to sheer power and STAB; enemy Water-types don't particularly like eating one either, especially when used to Ice Beam. Oh yeah, the Pokemon I'm using has 0 Speed IVs, but the given EVs allow it to outrun max speed (neutral nature) Ninjask without a speed boost in the rain.

3. SWAMPERT w/Leftovers
Relaxed | 240 HP / 216 DEF / 52 SpA
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Beam
~ Surf
~ Roar

From ADV, with love; Swampert provides a useful switch-in as Crobat doesn't like to eat Thunderbolts. Roar helps pHaze and shuffle the enemy's team to accumulate SR damage. I am also contemplating Protect as it'll allow me to scout some, perhaps making it easier to bring Crobat in.

4. CROBAT w/Life Orb
Modest | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SPE
~ Nasty Plot
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Heat Wave
~ Giga Drain

The blackhorse special sweeper. Concept: Bring it in on an Earthquake/Fighting/Grass attack and Nasty Plot on the switch. Perhaps expecting a Brave Bird (or something of that nature), hopefully my opponent brings in a steel, rock, or ground type expecting to wall it. Instead, they'll be greeted by boosted Heat Waves and Giga Drains. Poison isn't a great type offensively, but Sludge Bomb is just there: powerful, STAB, and 1:3 Poison chance. Giga Drain isn't the most powerful attack out there, but it does hit super-effectively on grounds or some waters that resist poison, while allowing some recovery from Life Orb residue. My biggest issue I forsee is the lack of a speed boost, relying on unboosted 130 base with no +SPE nature.

5. GALLADE w/Choice Scarf
Jolly | 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPE
~ Close Combat
~ Ice Punch
~ Night Slash
~ ThunderPunch

A different revenge killer. Pretty experimental, though I see it having potential. Resistance to stealth rock is key (compare to Weavile). Debating Shadow Sneak > Night Slash and Zen Headbutt or Psycho Cut > ThunderPunch.

6. DUSKNOIR w/Leftovers
Impish | 252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 SpD
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Fire Punch
~ ThunderPunch
~ Pain Split

Tank-thing and the rainy day for Rapid Spin parades. Most Dusknoirs EV for Defense, but perhaps SpD might not be a bad idea? I've never used Dusknoir before, so this is a new Pokemon to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom