• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Happy Birthday, opal!

Happy birthday. Go get totally wasted and wake up tomorrow lying in the gutter with a hangover and no memory of what happened last night.

Or read a good book or something.

I'm pretty sure you mixed up 18 and 21.
21 is the drinking age in the United States. It's 16-18 pretty much everywhere in Europe. Incidentally, Slovenia (where opal lives) doesn't have a drinking age--only a purchasing age.

Last edited:
We've already spoken about your birthday but, I wish you all the best on this joyous occasion!! I hope everything goes well!

You can't have a birthday without cake! And look, I got some:
_|_
|___|
|____|
|_____|
|______|
|_______|
|________|​

Happy birthday opal!

Thanks guys. :D I have had a lovely day, received a big stack o' books including a copy of The Voyage of the Beagle that's at least a century old and a pocket watch. And other, more practical things, like a corkscrew. I think everyone should get a corkscrew for their eighteenth. 8)

Last edited:
21 is the drinking age in the United States. It's 16-18 pretty much everywhere in Europe. Incidentally, Slovenia (where opal lives) doesn't have a drinking age--only a purchasing age.

Ireland does have a drinking age.

Also, happy birthday opal, again.

The drinking age in Iceland is twenty, not that everybody doesn't drink long before that. Unless they're weird like me.

Happy birthday for the third time, opal. It still kind of freaks me out how young you are while still being so awesome. Rock on.

Back
Top Bottom