• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

okay um I should follow along here more but.

That Mewthree thing, gosh. If they make a "Mewtwo got cloned into Mewthree!!! Look at it wow it's not evil at allll" then I can't be held responsible for flipping out

I don't think it'll be a forme! Especially not with a new female voice actress.

(I don't want it to be a forme, anyway. How would that be justified? It looks like a weaker thing than Mewtwo. o.O)

@Absol evo: No. Like others have said, the art's weird, that Solosis looks like the BW sprite... just, no.

I'd want it to be real, though! I love Absol even though I've never owned one in my game ;_;! But its stats are already pretty good, how would the evo be justified. Maybe it has maddening evolution requirements, aha.

Mewtini, it's already confirmed a forme.

There's this supposed CoroCoro leak that appeared a while ago, and it seems pretty legit??
Pandathing is meh, but that little bird is pretty cute, and also what even is that floppy-eared thing? I like it though!

The thing that excites me most is that grass ram-whatever, because the player seems to be riding it in that small screenshot? RIDING YOUR POKEMON that's exactly what I've wanted since being able to cruise around on the legendary beasts in Guardian Signs.
yessssss

Last edited:
I thought something along those lines too at one point, but according to Serebii it's an electric type. Still super cute, though!
I'm probably gonna train one since it's pretty neat for a 'first-route' pokemon. Can't wait to see what it evolves into. O:

EDIT: not just electric apparently, but electric/normal!

Also there are these pages with the player characters and stuff. Is that a hair colour selection thing on the right page near that blonde dude or am I just looking at it wrong?
wow customization

Last edited:
they're all so adorable!!! I am also excited if you can ride pokemon!!! hopefully it's not just the goat though :O the floppy-eared yellow guy seems like it could be some kind of lizard or something to me, you can see it has a tail where there's a highlight on the page.

I'm also super diggin the female protagonist's outfit and everything. not really that enamoured with the male one since he seems to look like every other male protagonist but i like his shoes. Looks like this gen's pokegear is a wristwatch lookin' thing, too.

Technically Spinda was a Dizzy Panda Pokemon or soemthing, but this one is WAY cooler. I love them ALL (except maybe the robin, which is just okay) and I LOVE that you can ride Pokemon! What if you can ride other Pokemon??

Things I like about this:

-The yellow lizard-rabbit looking thing is really cute.
-Finally a proper panda (I'm pretty sure Spinda's a red panda)
-Riding your ******* Pokemon seriously how cool is that.
-The female main character's design.
-The bird's pose in its artwork. I find it amusing for some reason.

Things I don't like:
-Now I'm going to be even more impatient waiting for the game to come out.

Last edited:
Like the girl's design a lot, the boy looks kinda generic though.
Customization is cool
Still on the fence about panda dude, but I think it'll grow on me
Bird is adorable, I wonder what its evolutions will look like
Goat is cool, especially since you can ride it!
Electric thing is also adorable, I love it

PANDA.

Also both PC designs are cute.

Customization looks like it's just skin tone with an automatically chosen hair color. But at least dark skinned PCs exist in the main series now.

gotta Gogoat fast.

Last edited:
baby mawile!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!! okay it's probably not but it's cute. baby mawile should have a skirt, anyway. what if its little tail has a tiny tiny tiny chompy mouth!!!! :D

the others look silly but they always do. especially the birds?? oh well. at least this one looks less generic than pidove it's kinda cute.

EDIT: okay okay, I realised baby mawile has "ereki" in its name, it's going to be some electric/normal-type. sigh. I like the grass goat's name though, gooogoootooo

the girl looks so cute!!!!!!! still a skirt, but not much pink!

Last edited:
I'm sorry guys, but I can see Gogoat becoming a HM slave. Elikiteru and Forgotten-Panda-thing are possible contenders for a spot in the team. And customization isn't as wide-ranged as I hoped it would be. I could've sworn I saw the female charcter in 2 different outfits in the trailer, although that may be me. =/

PokéBeach is claiming to have possible insider info, if you haven't heard.

- The hype about Sylveon's typing is because it's a new type, Fairy, that's weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dark, Dragon and Fighting, and not very effective against Fire and Psychic.
- Mewtwo has two new forms, not just one, and they're activated by items.
- The professor is named Patrice.
- Fennekin's final evolution is Fire/Psychic, Froakie's is Water/Dark, and Chespin's is Grass/Fighting.
- The first Gym is Bug-type, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
- Some attacks will have two types.
- There will be a new battle mode that only Flying-type and Levitating Pokémon can take part in.
- An in-game facility will allow you to see EVs and let you play minigames to boost them.
I think it sounds pretty neat, though I still remain kind of skeptical of the source (also, it's a pretty random assortment of info - first, second and fourth gym's types?).

Fairy that sounds delightful!!

the odd bunch makes it seem kind of more legit, since we get pretty weirdly random previews of pokemon, too. I kind of prefer it that way, rather than knowing a bunch about the early game but nothing else. :o

Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I don't really ... believe much of this ... "some guy said there'd be an Electric-draining move months ago, so all this must be true too" but fairy mawile yeah!!!!!!!!

WOW I'm going to be sad when fairy-type isn't actually a thing. :<

Back
Top Bottom