• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kratos Aurion vs Chiropter (Ref: Negrek)

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
This is an unproofread repost for reference purposes only.

I can has comeback?

Style: Two on two, double battle

DQ: A week. Yes, normally I'd whine and whimper for more time, but I'm trying to teach myself to meet deadlines. By playing Pokémon. Whoo logic!

Damage Cap: 30%

Banned Pokémon: None, but I'd prefer one-stage (Absol) or final stage (Charizard, Lanturn) opponents. Feel free to choose what you will, though.

Banned Moves: Direct healing, goin' splodey or suicidal (you know what I mean). 10 chills per Pokémon.

For self-betterment purposes (read: make a total fool of myself by attempting to pick on someone 20 times better than I am) I'd like to butt heads with one of the following people, if they've got room for an extra match: Negrek, Whivit, Sireafi, MD, Kusari, Byrus or Chiropter. This is still a completely open challenge, though, so anyone is free to cut in first. I'm not picky about who I lose to.

Arena: Animé-Style Battling

The Pokémon battle in a large, triangular room. The ceiling is infinitely high, so flying is allowed, and there's enough room to accommodate Pokémon like Wailord (if anyone in ASB even has one...) There is nothing particularly special about the room itself... other than the fact that its three walls are not solid but actually portals to different parts of the ASB universe. Passing through each wall by any means (intentionally, thrown through, etc.) will cause the Pokémon to enter that universe just long enough for something to happen before it is warped back:

The ASB Central wall (colored red)- the Pokémon suddenly appears in a busy, bustling metropolis full of people and Pokémon dashing around to the bank, various businesses, etc. Pokémon with a base speed of 80 or higher are fast enough to dodge through the swarming crowd but must expend 5% energy to do so. Pokémon with a base speed of 79 or lower aren't quick enough to escape the rush and so take 5% damage from being knocked around. (Ref, check an online Pokédex like the Holy Grail that is Veekun if you don't know the base stats.)

The Tournaments and Gym Battles wall (colored blue)- the Pokémon suddenly appears right in the center of the stage just as a well-loved coordinator and their Pokémon are making a spectacular appeal for the Grand Festival. The Pokémon's surprise arrival startles the performing Pokémon so badly that it can't perform its appeal; this disappoints the audience so much that they boo and hiss vehemently and throw things at the offender. While this does no damage, it makes the offender feel so incredibly guilty and unloved that it cannot perform its next action.

The ASB School wall (colored yellow; this is a garishly ugly room, isn't it?)- the Pokémon suddenly appears in the midst of a small group of decrepit buildings. It looks like an abandoned school campus of some sort. It seems there is nothing here... but there is also an air of extreme displeasure at your arrival. There is a 50% chance of nothing happening and the Pokémon is simply returned to the battle; if the other 50% comes up, an angry Sneasel leaps out from behind a building, a voice shouts "BEGONE!" and the Sneasel attacks the offender with Poison Jab. This does no damage, but the offender is now moderately poisoned.

I mention the colors of the walls so we can orient ourselves and more effectively use the walls in our strategies. If it actually helps. I don't know.

You send first, I attack first. Refplzkthxbai.

Round Four

Kratos Aurion (OO)

lucario
Ryousuke (M)
Health: 70%
Energy: 44%
Chills: 0/10
- Still curled up on the ground, scorched and in pain. Tormented. Paralyzed (severe). +1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense

arcanine
Don Quixote (M)
Health: 90%
Energy: 53%
- Frustrated by his inability to strike Calvin. Flash fire is activated. Protected by safeguard (2 more actions).

Chiropter (OO)

typhlosion
Lydda (F)
Health: 80%
Energy: 48%
- Ticked at Ryousuke, but otherwise fine.

absol
Calvin (M)
Health: 68%
Energy: 50%
- Starting to feel worn out, but icily scornful as always. Burned (3%/round).

Calvin tenses, wicked black claws sinking into the pliable floor as he prepares himself for attack. The absol snarls, his icy facade falling away to reveal the rage bubbling beneath the surface. His ordinary composure forgotten, the absol rushes at Don Quixote with a howl. The arcanine only grins mockingly at Calvin, however, tongue lolling out of his mouth. Muscles are tightening beneath the big red dog's fur as well, but he waits until the last moment to make his move, wanting to savor the sight of Calving totally losing control for as long as possible. Even as the absol rears up on his hind legs, claws flashign as he reaches out to slash at his opponent, Don Quixote pushes off, transitioning into an extremespeed with practiced ease. Calvins claws come whistling down, but they cut through only empty air. Half a second later and halfway across the room, Lydda gives a grunt and staggers to the side as Don Quixote reappears from his extremespeed and rams a shoulder into the typhlosion's chest.

Lydda had been stalking towards Ryousuke, prepared to get revenge for her lost substitute, but Don Quixote's unexpected attack knocks a sense of urgency into her. Shoving the arcanine away, the typhlosion takes off running to where Ryousuke still lies, curled up on the floor. He looks much more relaxed than he was before, his shivering ceased and his paws no longer clutching so desperately at his face, but Lydda barely even notices as she reaches down to snatch him up in her paws. Straining only a little, Lydda lets out a roar and hoists Ryousuke over her head. The lucario is totally limp in her grasp, offering no resistance as she spins to put momentum behind the throw that is about to come. Moments later, Ryousuke is sailing through the air, headed for another round trip to the Grand Festival as he flies towards the blue wall.

With a sucking noise, Ryousuke is teleported onto the same stage he was before, slamming heavily down on the boards. The lucario is chilling out, trying to ignore everything around him. Being thrown wasn't that bad, albeit a little uncomfortable. He can handle this. He just needs to relax... take deep breaths...

Then a raticate pounds the breath straight out of his body as it scrambles over him, eyes wide and terrified as it lets out a desperate whine. Ryousuke's eyes pop open despite his best efforts at relaxation, and he gasps, trying to draw air back into his lungs--only to get a spectacular sight of what the raticate was running from. Swooping down from above is a charizard, mouth open and fangs dripping blackness. The fire-type pulls up slightly, though, fierce expression traded for one of puzzlement as it finds itself witnessing a lucario who's covering his face with his paws and whimpering and who seems to have teleported in from nowhere. Before Ryousuke has the chance to find out whether the charizard will find him more appetizing than a rat on whom the thick scent of shampoo can only barely mask its utterly foul stench, he vanishes with a pop and finds himself falling back towards the floor of the battlefield. He lands with a grunt, chill utterly given up on as he tries to slow the desperate thrumming of his heart.

Calvin, who had been moving to position himself in the general area where he expected the lucario would reappear, is already making his way towards Ryousuke. The lucario groans and starts an attempt to rise when he sees the absol pounding towards him. Though the absol's deadly calm poker face has returned, it's hardly a comforting sight. Yelping, Ryousuke flops back to the ground--rather stiffly, as his muscles are starting to act up again--and covers his face with his paws. As Calvin draws ever nearer, however, tensing himself to spring atop the lucario, he is shocked out of focus as he abruptly slams face-first into an invisible wall. Silver sparks hiss and dance in the air for a moment, outlining the boundary created by Ryousuke's protect, and Calvin staggers unsteadily away, shaking his proud head and totally thwarted by the hastily-constructed protect.

Lydda, meanwhile, turns her attention towards Don Quixote once again. The typhlosion fluffs out her fur a bit and tries to catch the arcanine's eye, letting out a low chirring noise that is quite unlike her usual bellowing. The flames ringing her neck flicker and dance invitingly; despite himself, Don Quixote is rather distracted by the display. It's not enough for him to give up on his attack, though, and he bounds forward and throws himself straight into Lydda's stomach. The typhlosion is borne to the ground by a body slam attack that could be interpreted any number of ways. Even as he does so, the hazy green shield that had been protecting him from status attacks fizzles out, as does the hazier bubble encasing Ryousuke, though the lucario doesn't even notice.

Ryousuke peeks out at Calvin, only to find the absol standing quite nearby, watching him. The pokémon's eerie red gaze does nothing whatsoever for Ryousuke's nerves, but at least the dark-type doesn't seem intent upon attack at the moment. Hoping to put another, more permanent barrier between himself and the opposition, Ryousuke lets the protect shield drop and drags himself to his feet.

Striking a battle-ready pose, Ryousuke holds his paws out in front of him, channeling pure fighting energy between them. Blue light blossoms between the lucario's pawpads, then spills out, swirling and twisting through the air as it begins to take on the shape of a twin lucario standing in place before Ryousuke. Intent as he is upon the creation of his avatar, Ryousuke doesn't notice that Calvin has begun to glow with energy of his own--a sinister blackness that wavers and dances in the air around him. As the substitute starts to take shape, long tendrils of dark energy peel away from Calvin's body and bury themselves in its essence, forming a connection between absol and construct.

Ryousuke starts to panic as the lines of darkness start to worm their way through his substitute, ugly lines of black obscuring its shining blue form. Try though he might, though, he can't force them out, no matter how much energy he wields against them. By now, the second lucario is almost complete, and it is shot through with many pulsing black veins of dark energy. As the creeping attack reaches the construct's head, its eyes open to reveal pits of darkness. Now animate, the last of Calvin's snatch attack transferred to its body, the substitute turns to look over its shoulder at Ryousuke with cold, pitiless eyes, then walks calmly over to stand beside Calvin, taking up a defensive stance.

As Ryousuke stands there, shocked by the betrayal of his very own substitute, Don Quixote backs away from Lydda, putting some space between himself and the typhlosion. While she's busy picking herself, he throws up a protect shield, ready to defend himself from anything. As it turns out, though, all the typhlosion does is continue lying where she was flattened to the ground, though she stretches out and gets more comfortable. As Don Quixote watches with extreme suspicion, the typhlosion lets out a gusty sigh and closes her eyes, relaxing and slipping into a comfortable trance. When the typhlosion does nothing but lie there for several seconds,

Kratos Aurion (OO)

lucario
Ryousuke (M)
Health: 67%
Energy: 32%
Chills: 1/10
- Feeling betrayed and embarrassed--not to mention tired. Tormented. Paralyzed (moderate). +1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense

arcanine
Don Quixote (M)
Energy: 36%
- Having difficulty concentrating on the battle in the face of Lydda. Flash fire is activated. -2 Special Attack

Chiropter (OO)

typhlosion
Lydda (F)
Health: 60%
Energy: 52%
- Chilling out, but rather bruised after this round.

absol
Calvin (M)
Health: 50%
Energy: 30%
- Angry that he was made a fool of earlier in the round, but now sporting a cool new (stolen) substitute. Burned (3%/round). Has a substitute with 15% health.

Terrain Notes
Almost all the arena has been coated in a layer of volcanic rock, transforming the faux-boulders summoned before into real-looking lumps of rock.

Final Notes
- Extremespeed wasn't strong enough to push Lydda through the wall.
- Ryousuke was so distressed by the whole "thrown-through-wall" episode that he didn't gain much energy at all by chilling.
- For future reference, captivate actually affects all opponents of the opposite gender, not just one target. Ryousuke was saved this round by the fact that he is a total wuss was protected.
- Don Quixote's body slam was a critical hit. (Enthusiasm?)
- Chiropterus actually told Calvin that if "either of them uses Substitute, Snatch it"--so that's what he did.
- Kratos Aurion attacks first next round.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah! I forgot it was my turn to attack, huh. So I suppose I need to think of something, don't I... so, uh, to do something remotely useful while I stall for time, do you by any chance have a record of how many times each battler has chilled? I know it isn't a lot but I'm curious.

Blech, I meant to put that in the status report like I usually do, but I guess I forgot. Post edited, and to summarize, Lydda and Ryousuke've each used one, and no other pokémon else has.

Still completely at a loss for ideas, whoohoo. Um so.

Uh, Don... let's try something. Use Fire Spin on Ryou's stolen substitute (although if you can manage to trap or at least hit Calvin with it as well that would be spiffy). I don't know if it'll contain the sub too well but at least it's going to damage it if it tries to go anywhere. Then chill and, uh... end with a Secret Power at Lydda.

As for Ryou... I'm tempted to just have you chill the entire time. So those can be your default orders, mm? Chill for all three actions unless either Calvin or Lydda comes in for a close-range attack, in which case I want you to try and hit them with Facade.

[/uninspired]

Don Quixote: Fire Spin @ Substitute (and Calvin) ~ Chill ~ Secret Power @ Lydda

Ryousuke: Chill/Facade ~ Chill/Facade ~ Chill/Facade

Calvin, don’t worry about the Fire Spin. Don Quixote has lowered his defenses, and we’re going to take full advantage of that. I want you to hit him first with a Thunder Wave, follow up with Toxic, and then chill for a bit (unless the first Toxic missed, in which case try again).

Lydda… dammit, I should not be encouraging this… go ahead and Attract your little knight-errant friend over there. After that, shift your focus to Ryousuke and get him with a Flamethrower. Finally, if Don Quixote still manages to attack you, Protect - if not, either chill if your energy is 30% or lower, or keep breathing fire at Ryousuke if not.

Calvin: Thunder Wave@Don Quixote ~ Toxic@Don Quixote ~ Chill/Toxic @Don Quixote

Lydda: Attract@Don Quixote ~ Flamethrower@Ryousuke ~ Protect/Flamethrower@Ryousuke/Chill

Round Five

Chiroper (OO)

typhlosion
Lydda (F)
Energy: 52%
- Chilling out, but rather bruised after this round.

absol
Calvin (M)
Energy: 30%
Chills:
- Angry that he was made a fool of earlier in the round, but now sporting a cool new (stolen) substitute. Burned (3%/round). Has a substitute with 15% health.

Kratos Aurion (OO)

lucario
Ryousuke (M)
Energy: 32%
Chills:
- Feeling betrayed and embarrassed--not to mention tired. Tormented. Paralyzed (moderate). +1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense

arcanine
Don Quixote (M)
Chills:
- Having difficulty concentrating on the battle in the face of Lydda. Flash fire is activated. -2 Special Attack

Lydda, who is not entirely unhappy with her orders for this round, stretches langurously and then hauls herself back to her feet, shaking off the ache of her bruises and giving Don Quixote her full attention. The arcanine himself is distracted, taking aim at Ryousuke, but his focus snaps back to Lydda when he notices the typhlosion approaching. Dropping to all fours, Lydda moves slowly in Don Quixote's direction, chirring flattering things to him in pokémon-speech. Initially, Don Quixote only bares his teeth and growls at Lydda--how dare this strumpet attempt to seduce him? He's spoken for, after all, his heart pledged to the beauty of Dulcinea! The typhlosion appears genuinely hurt by his response, however, and as her amorous advances change to despairing pleas, Don Quixote can't help but feel a little ashamed. After all, it is strictly against a knight's code of honor to cause a lady distress, and while Don Quixote certainly doesn't have any romantic feelings for her--well, maybe just a few little tiny ones--he certainly doesn't want to do anything to harm her. All thoughts of fire spin leave his head as he thinks through his dilemma, and Calvin, seeing the arcanine's attention diverted, prepares to take advantage with an attack of his own.

Sparks pop and crackle around the absol's horn as he gathers electrical energy, preparing to unleash a muscle-freezing blast of electricity on the arcanine who is, to his mind, looking far too spry this far into the battle. Snapping his head around so that his scythe cuts through the air, Calvin sends a wave of erratic power jagging towards Don Quixote. The arcanine is brought out of his contemplative trance by a sharp, painful jolt, the fur all over his body standing up as the thunder wave ripples through it. It's all Lydda can do to act sympathetic rather than burst out laughing as the dazed arcanine stares over at Calvin as though seeing him for the first time, his fuddled mind moving slowly to work out what's just happened and his fur poofier than a mareep put through a dryer.

Unnoticed by the rest of the battlers, Ryousuke stands stock still, frozen in place and miserable. Nobody's paying attention to him for the moment, which is good--but all the same, standing around with frozen or spasming muscles is hardly anybody's picnic. Ryousuke does his best to relax and think positive, but this is rather difficult when he's still smarting from the betrayal of his substitute and the general humiliation he's had to endure in this awful battle. In fact, his frozen position has him staring right at his old substitute, which is now covered in sickly lines of black energy, and he fancies he can see it looking back at him with those empty black eyes. Forcing his own eyes shut, Ryousuke takes breaths as deep as he can manage with the muscles in his chest painfully tightened and imagines himself far, far away from this awful place.

Twitching and shivering, Don Quixote settles himself to the floor and lets out a gusty sigh. He's glad to have the opportunity to rest and think things through a bit. He has to admit that Lydda is moderately good-looking; certainly nothing in comparison to Dulcinea, of course, but hardly unattractive, and she does seem rather smitten with him, which is awkward. He doesn't want to break her heart, that's for sure, or indeed any other part of her body, so he's grateful that his trainer hasn't ordered him to do anything that might harm her. Then again, her partner did just zap him, and she didn't do anything about it. Allowing his mind to drift away from fighting for the moment, Don Quixote allows himself to contemplate the pros and cons of getting to know Lydda a little better, his paralysis little bother as it fades into the background for the moment, allowing him to rest comfortably.

Lydda herself casts a wary glance at the arcanine before rearing up onto her hind legs again and spitting a long jet of flame across the arena at Ryousuke. The hapless, paralyzed lucario lets out a strangled scream as the flames engulf his body, the heat radiating painfully through his metal-plated bones to touch every corner of his form. Fighting desperately against paralysis, he manages to gather enough coordination to flail about a bit, falling over and rolling around on the floor in an attempt to put the flames out. This is what he gets for letting his guard down, the lucario thinks. Worse, he's been told to do the same thing again. Just relax, regain some energy, and not worry. Well, look where not worrying got him! Swatting at a patch of smouldering fur on his forearm, Ryousuke glumly reflects that this is only to be expected, after all. The world's just plain out to get him. Taking it on faith that everything will turn out all right gets you nowhere. He shouldn't be sitting around and trying to chill again, he should be taking the fight to his opponents. But, looking over at Lydda and Don Quixote, he thinks bitterly that the typhlosion will probably just hurt him more if he gets close. He's not sure whether his paralyzed limbs will be able to carry him that far anyway. The more he thinks about everything that's gone wrong for him this match, the more worked up Ryousuke gets, and the farther chilling is from his mind.

Calvin smirks with appreciation as he sees Don Quixote settle down to chill. The big fool! He's left himself open for another attack. A loud gurgle sounds from Calvin's stomach as noxious chemicals mix therein, and the absol gags as he takes off towards Don Quixote and Lydda, bile laced with powerful biotoxins rising in his throat. Stopping several feet from Don Quixote, the absol vomits the disgusting mixture all over the arcanine before retreating again.

Don Quixote yelps and struggles to his feet, the disgusting liquid sinking through his fur and starting to irritate the skin beneath. He snarls at Calvin and, to his surprise, Lydda follows suit, though the absol merely gives the arcanine a sneer and Lydda a glower before falling back to the safety of his stolen substitute.

By now, Don Quixote is having serious suspicions about Lydda. Not only did she just torch his teammate, but she stood by and watched as that accursed absol came up and barfed on him! Something is definitely very wrong here. Seeing the arcanine's expression sour as he turns his gaze on her, Lydda hastily tries to make something up. Ryousuke isn't worthy of being Don Quixote's teammate, the typhlosion says. He's so cowardly! Honestly, just look at him.

Don Quixote looks. He has to admit that Ryousuke doesn't cut a very imposing figure, rolling around on the ground and moaning, with the occasional twitch or stutter thrown in for good measure. Still, there's no honor in picking on someone so pitiful, either. It's quite the dilemma. For a moment, Don Quixote is at a loss. Then, he has an inspiration. A test! Yes, a test of Lydda's love for him. He'll follow his trainer's orders and attack her, but if their love is true, the very powers of the earth will intervene to save her; if not, then she will be revealed for the traitor that she is as she is struck down by fate. Suddenly enthusiastic, Don Quixote opens his mouth, drawing on the strange energies that flow through the ASB chamber and chanelling them through his body, concentrating them into a beam of pure energy. Lydda's eyes widen slightly as she sees white light spill out around Don Quixote's teeth. Before the arcanine can open his mouth and fire off the attack, she extends her own energy into a barrier that hangs invisible in the air before her. Don Quixote closes his eyes and opens his mouth, hoping for the best as he lets a beam of pure power rip towards Lydda. It smashes into her protect shield in a burst of crackling silver energy, but her protect stands firm, easily repelling the relatively weak attack. The bright white light fades away, and Don Quixote looks at Lydda, puzzled. Now what exactly is this supposed to mean?

Calvin sits down next to his substitute, watching this exchange with some amusement. The lovebirds look occupied, so he's free to kick back for a little. His substitute is there to guard him from danger, too, so he has nothing to worry about. Settling down on his side, Calvin gives Lydda and Don Quixote one last sarcastic glance before rolling his eyes, then closing them. As he drifts off into a light catnap, Ryousuke has a similar idea of what he should do with his free time.

The luario stops thrashing as soon as he realizes he's put out all of the flames. Letting his limbs flop back to the floor with a sigh, he stares up into the blackness that obscures whatever ceiling might hang overhead. The empty void seems an appropriate metaphor for his life at the moment. Covering his eyes with his paws, the lucario lets his muscles relax as best they are able in their paralyzed state, no longer caring if he is attacked. He simply waits for the battle to be over--though in the meantime, he decides to compose some poetry to express his feelings. Most of what he comes up with has to do with the color black and loneliness.

Chiropter

typhlosion
Lydda (F)
Energy: 34%
- Unsure of whether Don Quixote is still attracted or if she ought to retreat.

absol
Calvin (M)
Health: 47%
Energy: 28%
- Feeling generally superior and snoozing. Burned (3%/round). Has a substitute with 15% health.

Kratos Aurion (OO)

lucario
Ryousuke (M)
Chills: 3/10
- Hating the world. Tormented. Paralyzed (moderate). +1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense

arcanine
Don Quixote (M)
Health: 89%
Energy: 40%
- Genuinely unsure of what to do next. Flash fire is activated. Attracted (moderate). Badly poisoned (3% next round). -2 Special Attack

Terrain Notes

Almost all the arena has been coated in a layer of volcanic rock, transforming the faux-boulders summoned before into real-looking lumps of stone.

Final Notes
- Ryousuke was paralyzed through his fist chill, meaning he regained less energy than normal by using it, and torment prevented him from chilling again in his second action.
- Chiropter attacks first next round.

Last edited:
Fun as it would be to just keep plowing ahead anyway, I must be a good sport and ask whether you forgot the Don's poisoning in the end-of-round status or else he got rid of the Toxic really, really fast.

Oops. Toxic added to Don Quixote's status; the damage from it was already accounted for in his health score, though, so nothing else changes.

Eh, strategic enlightenment doesn't seem to want to visit me... let's try this:

Calvin: First of all, don’t get too cocky; I seem to recall you sporting an “electrocuted persian” look earlier on. But anyway. Your energy is worrying me, so I’d like you to keep chilling at first. After that, try to slow Don Quixote down with a Rock Tomb.

Lydda: Double Team, then Flame Wheel at Ryousuke, then chill. On the first and third actions, if either opponent hits you with a physical attack, Counter it. On the second action, if your Double Team images have been dispelled somehow, use it again. On any action, if anyone attempts to Attract you, close your eyes, cover your ears, and Roar.

Calvin: Chill ~ Chill ~ Rock Tomb@Don Quixote
Lydda: Double Team/Counter/Roar ~ Flame Wheel@Ryousuke/Double Team/Roar ~ Chill/Counter/Roar

lucario
Ryousuke (M)
-
phoenixwright16tm9.jpg

Fixed. Anyway.

Hmmhmmhmm. Well, that's not as bad as it could be. Don, I want you to chill one more time to start off with. Then we need to destroy that goddamn substitute, so see if you can muster a Flare Blitz to smash it with. You don't have a problem smashing that, do you? I mean, it isn't Lydda, and it isn't exactly her annoying partner with the gastric upset issues, so she shouldn't have a reason to get mad at you, right? If you can't pull that off then at least try to get it with a Flamethrower. Lastly... hm. Well, you're already paralyzed and attracted and we don't need you stuck under some rocks to boot. Getting out of the way with Extremespeed seems prudent, but could be difficult... if you can't do that then at least try to pull off a Protect.

Ugh, Ryousuke, you wretched little ingrate. Admittedly I forgot about Torment so that's my fault, but I was trying to get you to do something relatively productive that didn't require you risking a pratfall or choking on your tongue or generally looking like an idiot and wasn't horribly easy to counter since we were going first. This is the thanks I get for caring? Stupid angsty teenagers Lucaremo Pokémon these days, really.

Anyway, I was just about to get upset at the fact that Don can learn Odor Sleuth and you can't when I realized that you get something just as good--Foresight. Look right through Lydda's clones and lock on to the real one for me, mm? Then, when she comes in for that Flame Wheel we'll turn her own tactic against her--Counter it. Lastly, hit her with Water Pulse. See how much relaxing she can do when she's all wet and possibly confused. If at any time your paralysis would prevent you from doing whatever, replace your commands with chill, Calm Mind and chill in that order.

And if you choke on your tongue it's your own damn fault.

Don Quixote: Chill ~ Flare Blitz @ Calvin/Flamethrower @ Calvin ~ Extremespeed @ Calvin/Protect

Ryousuke: Foresight @ Lydda/Chill ~ Counter/Chill/Calm Mind ~ Water Pulse @ Lydda/Chill/Calm Mind

Also, you appear to have forgotten to mention Don's paralysis, now I look at it again.

Round Six

Chiropter

typhlosion
Lydda (F)
Energy: 34%
- Unsure of whether Don Quixote is still attracted or if she ought to retreat.

absol
Calvin (M)
Health: 47%
Energy: 28%
- Feeling generally superior and snoozing. Burned (3%/round). Has a substitute with 15% health.

Kratos Aurion (OO)

lucario
Ryousuke (M)
- Hating the world. Tormented. Paralyzed (moderate). +1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense

arcanine
Don Quixote (M)
Health: 89%
- Genuinely unsure of what to do next. Flash fire is activated. Attracted (moderate). Badly poisoned (3% next round). Paralyzed (severe). -2 Special Attack

Don Quixote is, once again, grateful for the opportunity to think out his current dilemma, and settles down to meditate on his relationship with Lydda. On the one hand, the typhlosion is definitely attractive and apparently available. On the other, he's already promised to someone else, and Lydda herself is acting a little suspect. Letting his mind wander, the arcanine is distracted as the typhlosion of his meditations takes off abruptly. Craning his neck around to see where she's going, Don Quixote watches as Lydda picks up speed until she is hardly more than a blue-and-cream blur circling the arena at top speed. Intrigued by this development, Don Quixote closes his eyes again and tries to go back to solemn chilling. He just can't help himself, though; every now and then, he just has to open one eye to take a peek at what the typhlosion's up to.

It isn't long before Lydda's blurred form has split up into several separate typhlosion-sized chunks and she starts to slow down again. Loping behind her are three identical typhlosion--or perhaps she's not leading them, but instead hidden anonymously in her midst. At this point Don Quixote gives up all pretense of chilling and instead gapes at the gathering of radia--err, the gathering of typhlosion.

Ryousuke, meanwhile, mutters to himself as he raises himself up on his elbow and looks around the arena. He heard that comment about his being a "wretched little ingrate." Nevertheless, orders are orders, though he's bound to fail at them as usual. Catching sight of the multiple typhlosion, the lucario closes his physical eyes and opens his inner ones, detecting the aura of all the creatures in the area. When concentrating solely on energy readings, it is eminently obvious to the lucario which one of the typhlosion before him is real and which are fake. It is a simple matter from there to untwist the fabric of reality that allows for the multiple aura projections that cause Lydda's clones to appear and intensify the typhlosion's natural energy signature so that it will drown out any further projections. To the typhlosion's dismay, all three of her clones suddenly wink out of existence in flashes of bright blue light, leaving her standing alone and feeling rather silly as she looks around for her lost illusions. Ryousuke himself flops back to full supine position, crossing his paws over his chest and feeling defiant. Wretched that.

Calvin relaxes on, doing no more than to flick his tail in acknowledgment of his trainer's commands. Overconfident? Surely not him.

As soon as she's sure that her clones are really and truly gone, Lydda lets out a gruff snort and reluctantly starts dashing around the arena again. What could have gone wrong for them to just disappear like that? Ryousuke, meanwhile, gets to his feet, marveling in the way that he's actually able to move for once with minimal embarrassing tics. It seems like ages since he was in full control of his mobility, but for now, at least, the paralysis isn't so bad. Less appealing, of course, is that his next command has him intentionally allowing himself to be injured. Figures. The typhlosion's on the move, so he'd better get ready. Ryousuke spreads his paws wide and adopts a defensive stance. A flickering orange aura springs up around his body as he concentrates his energy into accepting his opponent's attack and turning it against her. To Ryousuke's consternation, though, Lydda doesn't end up running at him, nor is she coating herself in a layer of flame as one would expect for the use of the flame wheel technique. Instead, she's just... running. In circles. Mystified, Ryousuke watches the typhlosion go 'round and 'round, at first picking up speed and then rapidly decelerating. When she skids to a halt and then collapses near the ASB school wall, Ryousuke cautiously lets his energy go and straightens to a more natural standing position. Well, it looks like he doesn't need to worry about getting attacked for the moment. Another failure.

Don Quixote is at least as confused as Lydda by the disappearance of her clones, and he watches her start up running again with interest. When all she does is come to an exhausted, crashing halt, the arcanine finds himself terribly enraged. Just who is playing nasty tricks on his dea--err, not-quite-loathsome opponent? What his trainer says about the absol he's supposed to be attacking is true, he supposes. What's more, he knows that the dark-type is a tricky fellow, already having commandeered Ryousuke's substitute and indeed spent the entire match causing grief. Just look at him over there, lying around with that smug grin on his face. Yes, he's definitely up to something, and Don Quixote wouldn't be surprised to find that the absol was sabotaging his partner.

Heaving himself to his feet and shaking away a couple of paralysis-induced twitches, Don Quixote raises his metabolism to incredible levels, heat rolling off his body in oppressive waves. With a howl, the arcanine rushes forward, flames bursting to life all around his body as he charges at Calvin and the staring, black-corrupted substitute. In defiance of its old allegiance, the lucario dummy steps dutifully in front of Calvin to take the hit for the relaxing absol. And what a hit it is--Don Quixote rams straight into its midriff in an explosion of fire. The substitute melts away, incinerated almost instantly by the intensity of the flare blitz attack, and Don Quixote staggers away as the fire dies out of the air around him, hurt by the high-speed collision with the construct. Calvin, meanwhile, opens his eyes as the temperature around him is abruptly raised to uncomfortable levels. He watches with scorn as his substitute is consumed. Figures--shoddy workmanship, that's what it is. You just can't trust the things you steal these days. Though of course, he should have suspected--that incompetent of a lucario was the one on whom it was modeled, after all.

It looks as though he's actually going to have to get up and do something now, too. How bothersome. The absol glares at Don Quixote as he focuses his energy, claws digging into the rubbery floor and sending a call rippling down to the strange rocks that apparently lurk beneath. As before, great blobs of heavy, gelatinous material bubble up from the ground in response to the absol's call, punching through the layer of congealed magma to hover ominously around Don Quixote. The acranine tenses, eyes flicking between each looming boulder in turn. Still blessed by a clear head and cooperative muscles, the arcanine is ready as the boulders suddenly stop lurking and get serious--as they rush together, the arcanine makes a tremendous leap, shooting up from between them and then rushing straight at Calvin as they collapse in on empty space behind. The absol is shocked as a blur of black and red slams into his side, sending him staggering away and causing his burn to throb. As the blur resolves itself into Don Quixote, tongue hanging out and looking very pleased with himself, the absol hisses with fury.

Lydda is perfectly content to lie where she has fallen, closing her eyes and letting her flames burn low as she tries to recover energy. Still a bit mystified by the typhlosion's failure to attack him, Ryousuke gives up on his counter and decides to try an entirely different tactic. Gathering a ball of brilliant blue energy between his paws, the lucario lets it grow until it is too unstable for him to maintain in that form. A series of rings of water burst from the orb, wrapped around a wave of addling sonic energy. Lydda grunts and twitches as one after another of these rings splashes up against her body, the annoying whine that accompanies them cutting through her mind and leaving her dazed and disoriented. When she opens her eyes, they are slightly crossed and she doesn't seem entirely aware of where she is. Unable to recognize the symptoms of
confusion at a distance, Ryousuke just shakes his head. So now he's gone and ticked off a fire-type pokémon. Just wonderful.

Chiropter

typhlosion
Lydda (F)
Energy: 20%
Chills: 2/10
- Damp and annoyed, but feeling rather funny. Confused (severe). Foresight-locked.

absol
Calvin (M)
Health: 36%
Energy: 42%
- Enraged and now less a substitute. Burned (3%/round).

Kratos Aurion (OO)

lucario
Ryousuke (M)
- As gloomy as ever, but moderately improved in terms of condition. Tormented. Paralyzed (mild). +1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense

arcanine
Don Quixote (M)
Health: 82%
Energy: 31%
- Feeling surprisingly chipper despite his various ailments. Flash fire is activated. Attracted (moderate). Badly poisoned (4% next round). Paralyzed (severe). -2 Special Attack

Terrain Notes
Almost all the arena has been coated in a layer of volcanic rock, transforming the faux-boulders summoned before into real-looking lumps of stone. There is now a new pile of white, gelatinous-looking boulders near Calvin.

Final Notes
- Don Quixote didn't recover as much energy as usual for his chill because he was distracted by Lydda.
- Could this round indicate that the randomizer has decided to spread the hate around at last?

Last edited:
Uh. You didn't change Lydda's health or Ryousuke's energy at the end.

Let's see. Well, Don Quixote, Lydda appears to be upset about not being able to use Double Team. Maybe she's forgotten how to do it. I think you should be a gentleman and show her, jog her memory again, you know? Use Double Team and create... eh, just two clones will do. If you feel like you won't be able to do this due to paralysis, just chill instead. Then I want you to Swagger at Calvin. You don't have to strut around if you don't think you can manage it; verbal abuse should hopefully be enough. I mean, really, you're better looking than he is, so good looking you've got two girls that want your attention, and it even looks like his own partner prefers flirting with you to working with him. (And if she doesn't seem to agree with this I expect you to make note of it.) Some knight and warrior he is, without no lady. Lastly, I want you to Howl. Impress Lydda and strike the fear of God into Calvin's jealous black heart!

Of course you heard me call you a wretched ingrate, Ryou. The comment was directed at you. But as it seems a little negative prodding was just what you needed and you actually did what I told you to, I'm willing to be a little nicer now. Hm. Well, it looks like Lydda's going to be unable to pull off any more Double Teams, so that's good. Since the Don is still working out his feelings for her, though, we should try focusing on her partner instead. If you're feeling up to it, launch an Aura Sphere at Calvin, followed by Vacuum Wave and another Aura Sphere. If it he tries to use Protect, switch to Feint for that action unless you'd be using it twice in a row, in which case use, uh... Calm Mind.

Don Quixote: Double Team (2 clones)/chill ~ Swagger @ Calvin ~ Howl

Ryousuke: Aura Sphere @ Calvin/Feint @ Calvin ~ Vacuum Wave @ Calvin/Feint @ Calvin/Calm Mind ~ Aura Sphere @ Calvin/Feint @ Calvin/Calm Mind

Fixed those and a couple other issues (chill counters etc.). Also, note that Don Quixote's chill was reduced in effectiveness because he was distracted by Lydda.

Well. Lydda, since no one’s focusing on you (well, Don Quixote, but for different reasons), this seems an excellent opportunity to relax for a bit, maybe head off that confusion early. Chill for the whole round. Don’t worry, you’ll be getting more action soon enough; I just want to make sure you won’t drop in the middle of it. Oh, and maybe play up how utterly exhausted you are, so that Don Quixote knows that that’s why you can’t stop Calvin from fighting him and his teammate.

Calvin, seeing as you should be faster than Ryousuke thanks to his paralysis, get some preemptive revenge for that Aura Sphere with Me First. After that… oh, one more status condition couldn’t hurt, right? Right. Send Don Quixote’s Swagger right back at him with Magic Coat. Then Protect against the next Aura Sphere, which won’t be an Aura Sphere, but I don’t think there’s much we can do about that… If Ryousuke is too paralyzed to attack, just chill. If Me First failed on the first action (if Ryousuke was paralyzed and couldn’t attack), however, use it again here.

Lydda: Chill ~ Chill ~ Chill

Calvin: Me First@Ryousuke ~ Magic Coat@Don Quixote ~ Protect/chill/Me First@Ryousuke

Round Seven

typhlosion
Lydda (F)
Energy: 20%
- Damp and annoyed, but feeling rather funny. Confused (severe). Foresight-locked.

absol
Calvin (M)
Health: 36%
Energy: 42%
- Enraged and now less a substitute. Burned (3%/round).

Kratos Aurion (OO)

lucario
Ryousuke (M)
- As gloomy as ever, but moderately improved in terms of condition. Tormented. Paralyzed (mild). +1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense

arcanine
Don Quixote (M)
Health: 82%
Energy: 31%
- Feeling surprisingly chipper despite his various ailments. Flash fire is activated. Attracted (moderate). Badly poisoned (4% next round). Paralyzed (severe). -2 Special Attack

Somewhat to Ryousuke's surprise, Lydda doesn't respond at all, remaining quietly spread-eagled on the floor and doing nothign save close her dazed eyes. Puzzled but willing to take his good fortune at face value for now, Ryousuke turns instead to Calvin and begins to channel his energy into the preparation of another attack. The next surprise he receives is far less desirable than that Lydda has decided to let bygones be bygones for the moment. Calvin is preparing an aura sphere of his own, red energy shot through with black streaming out of the gem on his forehead as he keeps his eyes fixed on Ryousuke. What's worse, the absol's attack is growing much faster than the lucario's own, already easily surpassing the size of one of Ryousuke's ordinary aura spheres and totally obscuring the absol's face as it hangs before Calvin in the air like a bizarre, bloated fruit. With a grunt, Calvin headbutts the sphere, sending it coasting through the air towards Ryousuke. The lucario closes his eyes and grits his teeth but cannot move to dodge, concentrating as he is on keeping his own aura sphere growing.

Calvin's attack roars into him, pure fighting-type energy creaking Ryousuke's metal-plated bones and causing his muscles to cramp and twitch painfully. The latter is nothing new to Ryousuke, though, and he forces himself to stand firm through the attack, putting the finishing touches on his own aura sphere before firing it at Calvin. The absol, exhausted by his efforts at pulling off the me first attack, grunts and ducks his head as the brilliant blue ball of energy slams into his shoulder, singing fur and scorching the skin beneath.

Don Quixote, meanwhile, is still feeling chipper enough, and more than ready to show off for Lydda. Letting out a couple of barks to get the typhlosion's attention, he waits until her unfocused eyes land roughly on him, then starts to leap back and forth, moving faster and faster until he becomes a red-orange blur, two image of himself taking shape at either end of his trail of movement as well as one in the middle, the only places his paws actually touch the ground. The blurring distortion fades, leaving three Don Quixotes grinning at Lydda.

Lydda closes her eyes and tries to calm down again, only made more nauseous and confused by Don Quixote's double team trick. She manages a weak, encouraging smile for Don Quixote, and the arcanine himself turns his attention to Lydda's most loathsome partner. All three arcanine puff out their chests, holding their heads high as they parade back and forth in front of Calvin, preening verbally as they go along. Yes, certainly the absol must wish he were as brave and dashing as Don Quixote, with his two clones and his fine, thick fur instead of that burned-up rag the absol's sporting. Don Quixote is so wrapped up in the attack that he doesn't notice the faint shimmer of rainbow energy leeching out from Calvin's fur, forming a barrier in the air that creates a mirror reflecting Don Quixote's actions. While glancing across at Calvin to get an idea of the absol's no doubt enraged reaction, Don Quixote finds himself confronted by another arcanine with a pair of clones. Puzzled, he continues his swagger attack, only to realize that the other arcanine is showing off, too! Just who does he think he is? For every arrogant comment Don Quixote makes, the mirror arcanine responds with one of his own, claiming that only he has Dulcinea's love, that he's the most chivalrous, most noble knight there ever was, and other such outlandish claptrap. Don Quixote can't tolerate it; he bristles and snarls, daring the arcanine to try his luck against the renown Don Quixote, but the phantom arcanine only makes a challenge of his own. Calvin smiles placidly behind the cover of his magic coat as the arcanine howls at his own reflection.

Ryousuke might have been able to disrupt the fiasco, were it not for the fact that he's frozen in a throwing motion, outstretched arms trembling and eyes wide with shock. He thought he was through with this nonsense! He longs to yell a curse, but his jaws are locked together, and no more than a strangled scream can escape his paralyzed throat.

Lydda chills on, unaware of the plight of the other pokémon. She's plenty happy just to be left alone in the company of her hallucinations.

Don Quixote, meanwhile, is suffering from hallucinations of his own, and rather than simply sitting back and showing off with a howl, he instead decides to teach a lesson to the phantom arcanine still prancing around in his vision. Throwing himself forward, jaws open in preparation for unloosing an incredible roar, the arcanine naturally gets his legs tangled up and goes crashing to the floor, biting his tongue in the process. Spitting blood, the arcanine struggles to his feet and glares around with wild eyes, just daring that evil arcanine to show himself.

Calvin rolls his eyes and turns his attention to Ryousuke, who is presumably going to be trying for another attack now that he's managed to get moving again. The lucario flexes his muscles, hoping they won't fail him yet again (what are the chances?) before running straight at Calvin. The absol smirks as, of course, the lucario collides head-on with a protect shield and rebounds, dazed and wobbly as silver sparks dance through the air around him. As soon as Calvin drops his defense, however, Ryousuke in turn drops the fuddled act and leaps forward to give Calvin a short smack to the side of the head before retreating again. It's the absol's turn to wear a stymied expression, openly failing to believe that the lucario was able to pull a fast one on him.

Chiropter (OO)

typhlosion
Lydda (F)
Chills: 5/10
- Feeling moderately better after a good rest. Foresight locked (4 more actions). Confused (moderate).

absol
Calvin (M)
Health: 9%
- Gone from high and mighty to dead on his feet. Burned (3%/round).

Kratos Aurion (OO)

lucario
Ryousuke (M)
Health: 49%
Energy: 29%
- Still dubious about his ability to do anything useful. Tormented (2 more actions). Paralyzed (mild). +1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense

arcanine
Don Quixote (M)
Health: 76%
Energy: 19%
- I'M GONNA KILL THAT GUY!! Suffering from almost every status in the book. Flash fire is activated. Has two clones. Attracted (moderate). Badly poisoned (5% next round). Confused (severe). Paralyzed (severe). +2 Attack, -2 Special Attack

Terrain Notes
Almost all the arena has been coated in a layer of volcanic rock, transforming the faux-boulders summoned before into real-looking lumps of stone. There is now a new pile of white, gelatinous-looking boulders near Calvin.

Final Notes
- Chiropter attacks first next round.

Okay, Lydda, time to get back to work. I need you to Attract Ryousuke (don’t look at me like that, you know you couldn’t keep stringing Don Quixote along forever; or look at it this way, he’s so confused right now that he might not even notice), then Seismic Toss him once again into the blue wall. Once he gets back out, Flamethrower him, unless you’re still confused, in which case chill.

Well Calvin, this is probably it… but let’s see if you can’t help sow some victory seeds before you go. Use Faint Attack on Don Quixote to get rid of his clones (if possible, try to time it so that you avoid any attacks coming your way), then Taunt him. If you’re still around after that, hit Ryousuke with some Punishment.

Lydda: Attract@Ryousuke ~ Seismic Toss@Ryousuke (into blue wall) ~ Flamethrower@Ryousuke/chill

Calvin: Faint Attack@Don Quixote ~ Taunt@Don Quixote ~ Punishment@Ryousuke

Annoying Absol is annoying and must go away immediately. So, to that end:

Ryou, please remove Annoying Absol from the battle with a nice Vacuum Wave. Just ignore Lydda; the poor girl's confused, very confused, and she doesn't know what she's saying. Besides, the Don will kill you if he thinks you're after his... uh, other woman. Anyway, should your paralysis prevent you from hitting Calvin the first time, use Extremespeed on the second action. If you did get rid of him on the first action, chill instead. Depending on what Lydda's even managed to pull off this round you may or may not be able to act on the last action. If you can, try and hit Lydda with Water Pulse; if not, at least attempt to chill again. Torment should've worn off by then, so it should work.

Don Quixote, you are about to drop from exhaustion and we can't have that. Chill for the entire round; yes, that means you might take a hit from Captain Irritating and potentially lose your clones, but health-wise you're better off than everyone else and you can afford it. Should Ryousuke fail to obliterate Calvin by the time he taunts you, just Ember Calvin for the last two actions. No sense trying anything energy-intensive right now.

Watch everyone but Calvin completely fail to act on their orders.

Ryousuke: Vacuum Wave @ Calvin ~ Extremespeed @ Calvin/chill ~ Water Pulse @ Lydda/chill

Don Quixote: Chill ~ chill/Ember @ Calvin ~ chill/Ember @ Calvin

Round Eight

Chiropter (OO)

typhlosion
Lydda (F)
- Feeling moderately better after a good rest. Foresight locked (4 more actions). Confused (moderate).

absol
Calvin (M)
Health: 9%
- Gone from high and mighty to dead on his feet. Burned (3%/round).

Kratos Aurion (OO)

lucario
Ryousuke (M)
Energy: 29%
- Still dubious about his ability to do anything useful. Tormented (2 more actions). Paralyzed (mild). +1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense

arcanine
Don Quixote (M)
Health: 76%
Energy: 19%
- I'M GONNA KILL THAT GUY!! Suffering from almost every status in the book. Flash fire is activated. Has two clones. Attracted (moderate). Badly poisoned (5% next round). Confused (severe). Paralyzed (severe). +2 Attack, -2 Special Attack

As Calvin's red, sardonic eyes lose their bewildered look and turn away from Ryousuke, the lucario growls and raises a paw. Underestimate him, will Calvin? He's so sick of being a laughingstock. Fighting energy flows down the lucario's arm and into the air, a stream of pure energy shooting through towards Calvin. Before the absol can do so much as cloak himself in invisibility, the vacuum wave strikes him in the shoulder, slicing through thick fur and into the flesh beneath. The absol staggers, once again turning a shocked expression on Ryousuke, then bows his head, struggling to remain standing. In the end, though, the fatigue and pain is simply too much for him and the absol collapses, out cold and with an ugly scowl in his face. Chiropter recalls him with a frown, and Ryousuke grins broadly for the first time in a long while.

This occurrence is totally lost on Don Quixote, who still sees that infuriating arcanine prancing around in front of him. Barking and slavering, the Don Quixote makes another attempt at lunging for the imposter, but once again, his momentum is his downfall and his uncoordinated legs go in all the wrong directions, sending him crashing facefirst into the rubbery floor. His clones mimic the display with an equal lack of grace.

Suddenly, Lydda's voice sounds from just behind Ryousuke, and the lucario whirls around to find that the typhlosion has crept up behind him while he was gloating over Calvin's defeat. The typhlosion seems to be having some difficulty controlling her fine motor function, but nevertheless does her best to get out her admiration for Ryousuke's battle style. He's had to overcome such incredible odds, but he's still standing, and Calvin, ever the confident warrior, is the one who fell in the end. The typhlosion's speech might be a little slurred now and then, but the lucario is so flush from his triumph that he isn't feeling inclined to be too critical of what the typhlosion is saying. He doesn't even object when Lydda rears up on her hind legs to give him a nice, big hug...

He really would prefer she didn't give him such a tight hug, though. Ryousuke's face contorts with discomfort as the typhlosion squeezes him tightly enough to creak his metal-plated bones, then abruptly starts to spin, bringing him along for the ride. Ryousuke's grimace deepens when he realizes that this feels all too familiar. And, sure enough, after a few revolutions Lydda hurls him away, sending him sailing through the glowing blue wall with a hideous sucking noise.

The roar of the crowd washes over Ryousuke once again as he materializes over the contest stage, crashing to the boards with a groan. Turning his face away from the audience, Ryousuke reminds himself that he's only going to have to bear the humiliation for a couple of seconds before he gets warped right back into battle. Much to his chagrin, though, his eyes alight upon a big, bushy orange form that he knows quite well--none other than Don Quixote, staring at him with unabashed amazement. Ryousuke raises a paw and offers the arcanine a sheepish little wave--trying to ignore the lapras in the background who appears to have eyes only for the Don, no doubt another one of his conquests--before a sharp jerk announces the end of his contest vacation. Ryousuke tumbles through the air to land in a crumpled heap near the center of the arena and decides he'd rather not move for a little bit. Just the thought of what Don Quixote's going to do to him--no, what his trainer's going to do to him--for interrupting the arcanine's appeal--makes it impossible for him to relax. Sighing, the fighting-type covers his face with his paws for what feels like the thousandth time and wishes he could just sink out of sight into the viscous floor.

At the moment, though, Don Quixote's thoughts are far from getting back at his screw-up partner for causing him problems at some point in the future. Rather, the arcanine is lying where he's fallen, eyes a bit glazed as he does nothing more sophisticated than try to get his scattered thoughts in order and marshal his twitching, aching limbs.

Though she watches Ryousuke disappear through the wall with undisguised satisfaction, Lydda is soon brought low by another wave of dizziness and nausea. Groaning and clutching her stomach, the typhlosion doubles over, not sure she trusts herself to produce a respectable flamethrower in such a state. Unable to remain standing, she keels over with little ceremony, wishing that the room would stop spinning already.

Ryousuke raises his head as the typhlosion falls over, feeling conflicted. She did just throw him through a wall, sure, but then again, she's clearly not herself. A quick douse with some cold water will probably snap her back to her senses, but then again, typhlosion don't really like water. A water pulse will let him kill two birds with one stone, though: satisfy his trainer and knock some sense into Lydda so he can get a serious understanding of what their relationship is. Getting back to his feet, the lucario takes a few seconds to tap into the water energy that is largely foreign to him, filling his cheecks with fluid before letting out an awful screech surrounded by rings of water, which strike Lydda's face one after another. The typhlosion groans and covers her face, but when she lowers her paws, Ryousuke is pleased to see that she no longer looks so bleary.

Don Quixote continues to take no part in the lovers' feud; he's decided that he rather likes his spot on the ground and doesn't see any reason to move for the moment. The ache of poison eating through his body isn't exactly pleasant, but if he were standing up, it would no doubt be even worse.

Chiropter (XO)

typhlosion
Lydda (F)
Health: 43%
Energy: 39%
- No longer confused, but feeling very alone nonetheless. Foresight locked (1 more action).

absol
Calvin (M)
Health: 0%
Knocked Out!

Kratos Aurion (OO)

lucario
Ryousuke (M)
Energy: 21%
- Feeling a little less unloved than usual. Attracted to Lydda (mild). Paralyzed (very mild). +1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense

arcanine
Don Quixote (M)
Health: 69%
Energy: 37%
Chills: 4/10
- Lying on the floor, drooling. Flash fire is activated. Has two clones. Attracted Lydda (moderate). Badly poisoned (6% next round). Confused (severe). Paralyzed (moderate). +2 Attack, -2 Special Attack

Final Notes
- Ryousuke's chill was prevented by the side-effect of being thrown through the wall.
- Damage to Lydda from water pulse was reduced because Ryousuke wasn't really trying to hurt her.
- Next time on "Kratos Aurion vs Chiropter (Ref: Negrek)": The steamy love triangle is sure to heat up! Will Ryousuke be caught tragically between the two fiery beasts of passion, or will he fall upon his own partner in a fit of jealous rage? And what of Lydda, the object of both mon's affections? Tune in next week month!

Aww. Ryou couldn't have interrupted the kaiju appeal? Darn, that might've been fun. Probably more detrimental than it already was, but fun.

Hm, well. This is a bit of a tight spot, but let's see what we can do.

I still don't like the way your energy looks, Don Quixote, so just continue to chill for the first action. While you're at it, why don't you take a moment to see how Lydda's been playing you for a fool? Now that you're all sick and confused she's gone and dumped you for your friend there. And while I understand that you might be upset with Ryou for going along with it, trust me--Lydda initiated it. It's her fault and she's a dirty lying hussy and, if you can manage it, I want you to let her know just how hurt that makes you feel. With Facade. If you really aren't willing to listen to me or if your muscles lock up or something then chill again, but I mean really. That horrible scarlet woman! If you can pull off Facade on the second action then chill on the third, and also do so if you're too paralyzed to move; if you didn't use Facade on the second action and are willing and able to, use Facade again.

You want clarification on your relationship with Lydda, Ryou? Wait and see what she does. If she comes in to use a close-range attack, see if you can Drain Punch her; don't do this more than two times, however. Otherwise your orders are to chill, Screech and chill. If she tries to use Protect when Don Quixote uses Facade, see if you can sneak in a Feint.

Don Quixote: Chill ~ Facade@Lydda/Chill ~ Chill/Facade@Lydda

Ryousuke: Chill/Drain Punch@Lydda ~ Screech@Lydda/Drain Punch@ Lydda/Feint@Lydda ~ Chill/Drain Punch@Lydda/Feint@Lydda

Ugh not satisfied with this but it'll have to do. :/ Fun with paralysis/attractfail gogogo

Back
Top Bottom