• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fandom Mafia 3

kyeugh

onion witch
Pronoun
she/her
The night is quiet. Small flames dye the horizon a faint orange, and clouds of smoke obscure the sky. The fandom war has begun, and no one can manage a wink of sleep in fear: fear that they may be killed in the night; fear that they are being watched; fear that they'll finish their last box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch come morning. And in the morning, Cinnamon Toast Crunch or not, every member of the Fandom Empire at least knew this-- a decision would have to be made. No one was looking forward to it a bit.

Role PMs have been sent. 72 hours for night actions.

The day has begun. There were no screams of terror in the night. Upon counting, it was discovered that numbers had not dwindled. Another safe day. The columns of smoke that floated through the air seemed peaceful, almost.

No one has died. Forty-eight hours for discussion.
(For future reference, these time allotments are rough. I don't have nearly enough free time to be spot on every time.)

Could also be a role blocker, or even an inactive mafia. The latter's unlikely, though, given most of us are generally active.

wELP no deaths is always a really good thing! it kind of... doesn't give me much to say though from what I've seen, first day discussions are always kind of stilted anyways

Could also be a role blocker, or even an inactive mafia. The latter's unlikely, though, given most of us are generally active.
From my experience, most roleblockers don't use their power often, specially n0. I'd bet my boots on doc.

And also, since I forgot to mention but can't edit, this does give us something to discuss. If we can have an inkling of the mafia's attempted action, which we most likely can, we can get one step closer to figuring them out.

No deaths is always good, even though it gives the town little to discuss.

A doctor heal is the most likely guess for what happened, but a roleblocker or some kind of bulletproof/alien role could have led to this as well.

Inactive mafia sounded a bit ... optimistic on the player activity front to rule out, so I looked at the player sheet: Vholvek was last online on the 12th, rendering it impossible to send in an action. Doesn't mean anything by itself, but.

If there are any roleblockers, continue doing what you were doing, etc. Otherwise, not much else to do a deathless day one?

Oh my, please pardon my lateness. I don't know how this slipped from my memory...

The day has drawn to a close, and the villagers were none the worse for it. With a few tidbits of information spread around, the fandom-dwellers felt a bit more confident as they climbed into their beds tonight. However, they couldn't feel perfectly safe by any stretch of the imagination-- who knew whether or not they would wake up with a knife in their back?

The night has begun. Forty-eight hours to send in night actions.

Once again, night came and went without much of an issue. In fact, the villagers seemed to be growing extremely comfortable; some of them even overslept, stumbling down the stairs to find with relief that as before, not a life had been taken this morning.

The day has begun. No one has died, yet again. Forty-eight hours for discussion.

Assuming everyone did the exact same thing last night, then role blocker or doctor seems to be the reason for the lack of deaths. Alien doesn't seem so likely now, forunately

wow uh good job doctor and possibly role blocker???
or really inactive mafia maybe

either way, no deaths! that's pretty cool

Inactive mafia it isn't, folks. And it's risky to be open about this but I'm going ahead so you all have a better inkling of where we stand.

First off, hey, I'm your life. I'm the one who takes you there. Hey, I'm your life, I'm the one who cares. They, they betray, I'm your only true friend now. They, they'll betray, I'm forever there. I'm your dream, make you real. I'm your eyes when you must steal. I'm your pain when you can't feel. Sad but true.

... Long story short, I'm James Hetfield. And I've always got an encore to do, so I'm one-shot bulletproof. Except, well, as you might guess, I'm doing that encore right now.

So, going by your claim, the mafia targeted you once, meaning they targeted some other person the other night. Do you know which night they targeted you?

So, going by your claim, the mafia targeted you once, meaning they targeted some other person the other night. Do you know which night they targeted you?

If that's true, then the doctor/roleblocker failed at least once (presumably last night?). Only really important if a roleblocker was thinking their blockee was mafia (and it would still be possible for Metallica to try to cover for a blocked fellow mafia by saying that), but.

Inactive mafia sounded a bit ... optimistic on the player activity front to rule out, so I looked at the player sheet: Vholvek was last online on the 12th, rendering it impossible to send in an action. Doesn't mean anything by itself, but.

Following up on this, Vholvek was online recently enough to send in an action last night. Judging by last activity, so was everyone else.

Inactive mafia it isn't, folks. And it's risky to be open about this but I'm going ahead so you all have a better inkling of where we stand.

First off, hey, I'm your life. I'm the one who takes you there. Hey, I'm your life, I'm the one who cares. They, they betray, I'm your only true friend now. They, they'll betray, I'm forever there. I'm your dream, make you real. I'm your eyes when you must steal. I'm your pain when you can't feel. Sad but true.

... Long story short, I'm James Hetfield. And I've always got an encore to do, so I'm one-shot bulletproof. Except, well, as you might guess, I'm doing that encore right now.
Are you sure you're not the master of puppets who's been pulling our strings? Twisting our minds and smashing our dreams?

That's right, I know you're the mafia don. I have been blocking you for the past two nights, and I'm willing to bet no townies will die if I continue doing so.

Here's what I propose: I will continue blocking MF, and if there are no deaths tomorrow morning, the inspector and any other info roles must post all their inspection results. Sound like a plan?

Sounds good. If he's the don, we wouldn't even have to lynch him; just role block him and abstain till an inspector finds his goons. It'd make for a boring game, personally, but a perfect innocent win is something I'd like to see. Abstain.

Are you sure you're not the master of puppets who's been pulling our strings? Twisting our minds and smashing our dreams?

That's right, I know you're the mafia don. I have been blocking you for the past two nights, and I'm willing to bet no townies will die if I continue doing so.

Here's what I propose: I will continue blocking MF, and if there are no deaths tomorrow morning, the inspector and any other info roles must post all their inspection results. Sound like a plan?
Tearing out anything inspired, are we?

You can go ahead and keep blocking me, no problem -- better to be doing it to someone with no night action than randomly against a bunch of people who are likely to be useful town roles. And hey, if it incidentally proves my innocence, alright, although I'm not sure how much longer the mafia is going to tolerate my continued drawing of breath.

I'd rather not abstain a lot but we're ahead so we can afford to right now, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom