• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[15] Mai vs ultraviolet (ref: pathos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
1 vs 1
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, Pain Split, moves that KO the user; Chills are restricted to 3 uses in the match
Arena: Centrico Plaza

Centrico Plaza is the crown jewel resting in the core of Lumiose City. Just the Prism Tower, standing at the very center of it, is already one of the most widely recognized landmarks of the entire region; and even the rest of the location isn't too shabby, with verdant gardens, beautifully patterned cobblestone pathes, the sound of the river running underneath the floor, and a surrounding circle of mid-height Kalosian houses, the splendorous local arquitecture adorning the plaza as a foil. Many businesses have come into being at the ground floors of the area, but today, the world-famous roundway of egg hatching is all Asber's, with barriers sealing off all of the many roads leading into the city's very own hub -- and of course, curious crowds gathering at the edges to watch the competition.

For this round of the tournament, each player has been loaned a fresh Pokémon from Kalos. Battles in this round will not last longer than five rounds; if neither Pokémon has fainted by the end of the fifth round, the winning trainer will be the one with the greatest sum of health and energy remaining on their Pokémon.

Mai's rental Pokémon

skrelp male Skrelp <Poison Point> @ Oran Berry

ultraviolet's rental Pokémon

phantump female Phantump <Frisk> @ Oran Berry

Up next:
1.Mai issues commands
2.ultraviolet issues commands

Last edited:
Okay! Hello, there, my (temporary >|||) skrelp. I guess I'll call you Luke (to go with Phyconuke, of course).

The most I know about skrelp is from my battle with bluzzy, but you're at least a poison type, so I'm confident we'll do alright. c:

Spit out a toxic at phantump, then follow up with sludge wave once she’s poisoned or if there’s a safeguard/substitute/magic coat/you can’t hit her with toxic directly, but you could still brute force things at her. If there are clones, just use sludge wave and spread it around liberally enough to hit all of them (it’s target all anyway, but). If you can’t hit the phantump at all (disregarding substitutes: destroy those with sludge waves, again), make a large substitute, and if you have one but you also still can’t hit phantump at all or do anything for reasons other than substitute/things I’ve noted before… try and make one anyway, small, you’ll fail and waste less energy than any of those other things.

If you’re attracted, do all these things out of LOVE <3 Impress her! Do not let her walk all over you - make her love you back! Be yandere, even. Just. Love. <3

toxic / substitute ~ toxic / sludge wave / substitute ~ toxic / sludge wave / substitute

oooomg you're such a cutie!! tiny tree ghost!
Okay Tiny Tree Ghost, let's go with Safeguard, Confuse Ray, then Leech Seed.

Safeguard ~ Confuse Ray ~ Leech Seed

Last edited:
Centrico Plaza

Centrico Plaza is the crown jewel resting in the core of Lumiose City. Just the Prism Tower, standing at the very center of it, is already one of the most widely recognized landmarks of the entire region; and even the rest of the location isn't too shabby, with verdant gardens, beautifully patterned cobblestone pathes, the sound of the river running underneath the floor, and a surrounding circle of mid-height Kalosian houses, the splendorous local arquitecture adorning the plaza as a foil. Many businesses have come into being at the ground floors of the area, but today, the world-famous roundway of egg hatching is all Asber's, with barriers sealing off all of the many roads leading into the city's very own hub -- and of course, curious crowds gathering at the edges to watch the competition.

For this round of the tournament, each player has been loaned a fresh Pokémon from Kalos. Battles in this round will not last longer than five rounds; if neither Pokémon has fainted by the end of the fifth round, the winning trainer will be the one with the greatest sum of health and energy remaining on their Pokémon.​

Mai (O)
skrelp
Luke (m) <Poison Point> @oran berry
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
- ’Squee!’

ultraviolet (O)
phantump
Tiny Tree Ghost (m) <Frisk> @oran berry
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
‘Boo :3’​

Both pokemon, once released from their balls, float merely inches above the pavement, staring in bewilderment at their surroundings. Everything is so new and shiny and big - and they’re supposed to battle now??? Already? They want to explore! Tiny frowns of concentration spread across their faces as they turn to face each other. Fine. Though it sounds tremendously boring, if they have to battle, they’re at least gonna win.

Tiny Tree Ghost, as she’s been christened, concentrates a moment and spreads her tiny billowy arms, calling up a protective screen. The screen shimmers up before her, barely visible - but just noticeable enough for Luke to go over his options and choose the one that fits. Somewhere inside him he looks for even more poison - enough to drown the whole plaza. Eyes focused, he opens his tiny fish-mouth and unleashes a solid torrent of sludge - pouring, nonstop sludge, it keeps on coming until there’s more of it than you’d think could fit inside him - so much it stretches across Centrico Plaza, spreading towards shop stalls, the people watching the battle, and yes - poor, poor Tiny Tree Ghost. The phantump is helpless as the waves crash on her, slamming her into the pavement with the power of sludge. She cries and tries to float out of it but the sludge is so heavy it weighs him down, until most of it’s finally go, drained down sewer drains - only a few puddles of it remaining. Tiny Tree Ghost’s mouth gapes wide with disgust, brushing off the remains of the attack from her body.

Tiny Tree Ghost tilts her head, a bit confused, but doesn’t spare the two much thought. She has things to do if she wants to win! Her eye sockets shine bright white, the lights beaming out across the arena towards Luke, and Luke can’t help but be mesmerized. He feels like his whole world has become these lights, and he leaps after them, stumbling through the air and falling face-first onto the pavement with a thud. As he slowly gets back up, he’s forgotten entirely about attacking; the slight twinge of pain in his head and the still-beckoning lights are way more fascinating.

Satisfied, it takes only a moment for Tiny Tree Ghost to summon up the little seedlings for her attack. She spits them out towards Luke eagerly, and they land on their unmoving target with ease, sinking into the fish’s flesh and raking root. Perhaps the tiny drains on his energy is enough to snap him to alertness, for Luke stares suddenly at Tiny, suddenly aware of what he has to do.

His tiny body somehow has room for more - more sludge, more bile and acid, as another wave pours from him, covering the plaza and tossing Tiny Tree Ghost under its power. She crawls on her tiny arms until she can break free, rising up to watch the sludge pour into the sewers - the most disgusting sight she’d ever seen. Uhg. No manners.​

Mai (O)
skrelp
Health: 98%
Energy: 92%
- ‘Pretty lights, come here…’ Confused (severe), seeded (1% / action).

ultraviolet (O)
phantump
Tiny Tree Ghost (f) <Frisk> @oran berry
Health: 79%
Energy: 91%
- ‘Gross :C’ Has a safeguard (2 more actions).

Arena Notes:
A layer of sludge covers the pavement surrounding Tiny Tree Ghost and Luke.

Final Notes:
  • Mai your commands are very confusing 9_9 I tried to interpret them as best I can.
  • Confuse ray and leech seed are blocked by subs.
  • I feel like I got the gender pronouns wrong a few times there ?_? sorry if I did.
  • uv next.

Last edited:
edit: actually, i feel like something about this is a bit off. I don't think Skrelp was supposed to use Substitute on the first action? The post reads like Luke was supposed to use Sludge Wave, but it just hadn't been written in the command string for some reason. Luke was instructed to make a sub if he couldn't hit Tiny Tree Ghost, which he totally would have been able to do - it just would've been neutralized by Safeguard. Like I understand if the intent was to default to substitute if Toxic was made impractical by safeguard, but Mai's commands read like "if you can't hit Skrelp, make a sub" when that's not really what's happening.

Rather, sludge wave has been instructed if there's a safeguard/sub/magic coat/whatever happening, but it's not in the command string at all. In any case I was totally confused by your commands, Mai, so I'm not really sure what your intent was!

while i'm at it: what's happening with Tiny Tree Ghost's Frisk? do i not get to use it because i commanded second in the first round anyway? oop edit: i've been informed that i commanded second first because of frisk. that makes more sense!!!

Last edited:
?_? I'm sorry Mai's commands were honestly super confusing. I'll ask Mai to explain them a bit better and I'll... try to decipher them myself more... and also in the future Mai please try to be more clear.

Okay Tiny Tree Ghost!! Let's go on the offensive with Giga Drain x3. If Luke is protecting or you can't see him (like if he's used Dive, or something), use Growth. Finally, if he has Double Team clones, use Faint Attack to hit the right one.

Giga Drain/Growth/Faint Attack ~ Giga Drain/Growth/Faint Attack ~ Giga Drain/Growth/Faint Attack

OTL

Continue to sludge wave. Don't confusionfail. Whenever the safeguard goes down, use toxic; if she's poisoned at any point, continue to sludge wave again.

sludge wave / toxic ~ sludge wave / toxic ~ sludge wave / toxic

Centrico Plaza

For this round of the tournament, each player has been loaned a fresh Pokémon from Kalos. Battles in this round will not last longer than five rounds; if neither Pokémon has fainted by the end of the fifth round, the winning trainer will be the one with the greatest sum of health and energy remaining on their Pokémon.​

Mai (O)
skrelp
Health: 98%
Energy: 92%
- ‘Pretty lights, come here…’ Confused (severe), seeded (1% / action).

ultraviolet (O)
phantump
Health: 79%
Energy: 91%
- ‘Gross :C’ Has a safeguard (2 more actions).​

Waving her tiny willowy arms in the air, Tiny Tree Ghost forms rivulets of green energy that wrap themselves like yarn around Luke, tightening like a snake around its prey. Luke whimpers, his breath catching in his throat, his energy sapping across stringlets of energy towards Tiny until he struggles his way free, lashing his tail through the remaining flickers of light. As if to eradicate the light nature of the attack even further, he gathers up the sludge from his earlier attacks, forcing it up from the sewers and powering down on the poor phantump. Tiny yelps; the damned sludge again, she just can’t get away from it! But it’s gone as fast as it came, slinking back down the sewers where it came from.

Again, Tiny Tree Ghost wraps green energy around Luke, leeching him for all he’s worth. This time he doesn’t wait; even while he’s being drained, he forces more sludge towards the ghost, sloshing it upon her with repeated force. Once Tiny gets her energy back from Luke, both sides seem pretty even - that is, neither one is very happy.

But Tiny isn’t done. She angrily swats more orbs towards Luke, and they land with surprising force, diggin their way under the fish’s skin. He screeches in surprise - he’d come to expect the pain, but it was stronger than he’d prepared for somehow. His mind entered a state of shock and all he could see were the glowing lights again, rotating around his eyes; so pretty, so bright, he needed them… He leapt forward and found himself landing face-down on the cement, waking up suddenly to the world in surprising pain. Ow… Tiny Tree Ghost grinned, gathering the last of her stolen health with glee.​

Mai (O)
skrelp
Health: 66%
Energy: 84%
- ‘:C’ Confused (moderate), seeded (1% / action).

ultraviolet (O)
phantump
Health: 67%
Energy: 77%
- ‘Come here, my precious…

Arena Notes:

Final Notes:
  • Still sick so nudge me if I got something wrong :c
  • Rounds left: 3.
  • Mai next.

tiny tree ghost: giga drain (8 hp 4 pp), giga drain, giga drain (crit 12 hp 4 pp heals 6)
luke: sludge wave (11hp 4pp), sludge wave, confused (1hp)

Last edited:
I told you not to confusionfail, Luke :(

Anyway, this is very close to a repeat of the first round's commands, but okay. OTL. Hopefully these will be more clear?

Toxic if Tiny Tree Ghost is hittable (not counting substitute: do not toxic substitutes), can be statused (like don't if there's a safeguard up, magic coat, etc...), there are no double team clones, and is not poisoned yet.

Sludge wave if Tiny Tree Ghost is hittable (hit substitutes) and not statusable/statused/qualified to be toxiced in general. If you should be doing this and there are clones, make sure to spread out your attack so it hits all of them.

If Tiny Tree Ghost is poisoned and hittable (hit substitutes, they must be destroyed), commence with the venoshocks. If you should be doing this and there are clones, make sure to spread out your attack so it hits all of them.

Finally, if Tiny Tree Ghost is unhittable ... try a sludge wave anyway. :V If in doubt, sludge wave.

And don't confusionfail!

toxic / sludge wave / venoshock ~ toxic / sludge wave / venoshock ~ toxic / sludge wave / venoshock

Last edited:
Let's see, how about we Safeguard, then Spite Luke's Sludge Wave, then end with Giga Drain - if possible, drain energy instead of health, but if it's not then just go for health.

Safeguard ~ Spite (Sludge Wave) ~ Giga Drain

Centrico Plaza

Mai (O)
skrelp
Health: 66%
Energy: 84%
- ‘:C’ Confused (moderate), seeded (1% / action).

ultraviolet (O)
phantump
Health: 67%
Energy: 77%
- ‘Come here, my precious…’​

A familiar glittering shield wrapped itself around Tiny Tree Ghost, protecting it from any nasty toxins that might linger from those repeated sludge waves. Though Luke was clearly familiar with the move, the poor fish was too busy - preoccupied, maybe - with those nasty lights to bother paying attention to his opponent. He flailed in his attempts to catch his prey, jumping at them and landing haphazardly on the sludge-covered pavement; ow. At least, when he got up, he seemed to be back to his senses…

Tiny waited, hoping to see the move she was to spite - and indeed, here it came. Luke had noticed the safeguard and chose to enact revenge, lifting up another tidal wave of sludge from the cement where it lay and sending it roaring down on the poor prone phantump. Though shielded from poison, there was nothing stopping the sheer force of the attack from stomping her to the curb, and she was definitely feeling spiteful when she floated back up.

Her face had never looked so nasty. A picture of the devil himself, she glowered down onto Luke, all the hatred of those sludge waves pouring out of her into his soul, deep tendrils of ghostly energy wrapping around his mind and twisting, tightening, leaving a scar so dark he’d be having nightmares for weeks. When Tiny withered back down, Luke was shaking; he didn’t want to use sludge wave anymore, no, no…

Fully empowered by her visit to the dark side, Tiny Tree Ghost felt so strong now - but she could be more, more! She grasped towards Luke, familiar drains of energy floating between them, converting his life to hers. She felt herself growing harder, better, faster, stronger… Until a familiar wave of sludge woke her from her daydream, tossing her side to side like a very disgusting ocean. Though hesitant, orders were orders, and Luke’s were to strike with repeated waves of sludge until hell froze over, apparently.​

Mai (O)
skrelp
Health: 54%
Energy: 72%
- *Shivers* ‘No more sludge…’ Confused (mild), seeded (1% / action). Sludge Wave spited.

ultraviolet (O)
phantump
Health: 52%
Energy: 67%
- ‘>| STOP IT.’ Protected by safeguard (2 more actions).

Arena Notes:

Final Notes:
  • Luke’s confusion lightened to mild on action one. But he still hit himself.
  • Rounds left: 2.
  • uv next.

tiny tree ghost: safeguard (1pp), spite (3pp), giga drain (8 hp 4 pp)
luke: nothing (1hp), sludge wave (11hp 4pp), sludge wave (11hp 8pp)

Let's go with giga drain. use magic coat if luke tries to status you, or chill if Luke is hiding or otherwise unhittable.
Giga Drain / Magic Coat / Chill x 3

Well, we are technically past the standard DQ time, but, hah. Ahahah. Hah.

ultraviolet is on the next round and gets $10, pathos gets $10. I guess you'll still have to retrieve those manually in the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom