• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ameroq01 vs. Scyther

Eevee
Eevee (F)
Health: 66%
Energy: 60%
Status: Ready to get at that Stantler. (Attack +2, Defense -1)
Wish~Growl~Return

Stantler
Stantler (F)
Health: 62%
Energy: 75%
Status: Trying to keep it together. (Attack +1, Defense +1, Accuracy -1, Badly Poisoned 5% this turn)
Hidden Power~Protect~Imprison

Stantler decided to let loose at the beginning of this round; it was time to do some damage. Unleashing a strength not obvious to the naked eye, Stantler began imitating Eevee’s earlier actions by generating large orbs of colored energy. Stantler’s attack was a deep brown color, and it seemed to solidify as it flew toward Eevee. Eevee flinched as the attack struck and crumbled, feeling much like being struck by an enormous boulder. Eevee had a feeling that this battle was not going to get any easier, so to ease her pain, Eevee closed her eyes and silently sent out a prayer that her wounds might be healed. Eevee stood tall as she opened her eyes, and smiled once she saw what she did.

Stantler had figured after dealing such a punishing blow to her opponent, she better get a defense up pretty quickly. Eevee could make out the outline of a translucent, faintly glowing green shield, and knew it would do nothing against her next move. Making the most adorable face she could muster, Eevee let out a soft, but audible purr. Stantler simply stared, a little confused. That cute growl is all Eevee could do? Stantler dropped her shield, and decided this must be getting easier. From here on out, she could relax, at least that’s what she hoped.

You really can never be too safe though, and Stantler knew it was time for one last precaution. Going over the necessary effort needed to perform the two moves she had just used, Stantler quickly determined the muscles to freeze up and the mental capacity to block out in order to prevent those moves. Using strange mental powers, Eevee quickly found herself somewhat lacking, though she couldn’t tell what had happened, since you can’t miss what you can’t remember.

Eevee was still prepared to use her final attack for this round, however. Using her positive feelings for this round to boost her spirits and feel energetic again, Eevee sprung at Stantler smacking her to the ground. Stantler wished she had kept her shield up, but now it was a little late. As Stantler tried to stand to her feet, she once again felt the terrible aching that was afflicting her from the inside. Doing her best to stay strong, Stantler dug her hooves into the ground, hoping for some respite before the next round.

Eevee
Eevee (F)
Health: 57%
Energy: 53%
Status: Feeling OK, but a little bruised and tired. (Attack +2, Defense -1, Hidden Power and Protect Imprisoned)
Wish~Growl~Return

Stantler
Stantler (F)
Health: 49%
Energy: 64%
Status: Wants to throw up. (Defense +1, Accuracy -1, Badly Poisoned 6% next turn)
Hidden Power~Protect~Imprison

The Referee Says:

About the Battle:
-Hidden Power became Rock type.
-Wish will come into effect on the 1st action of the next round.

About the Terrain:
-There is a large hole aside Stantler and Eevee
-Much of the grass is torn up and scattered about

About the Next Round:
-Ameroq01 attacks first
-Scyther attacks second
-I ref

NOTE: Don't worry, I never forget (usually). I've just been busy with school and semester finals lately.

Last edited:
It would seem my post didn't appear as being posted on the board. Just posting to alert Ameroq that I indeed posted the reffing a few days ago.

Use Snatch (for the wish), make a 30% substitute, than Use your Rest attack.

Snatch~Substitute 30%~Rest.

Eevee
Eevee (F)
Energy: 53%
Status: Feeling OK, but a little bruised and tired. (Attack +2, Defense -1, Hidden Power and Protect Imprisoned)
Headbutt~Charm~Trump Card

Stantler
Stantler (F)
Health: 49%
Energy: 64%
Status: Wants to throw up. (Defense +1, Accuracy -1, Badly Poisoned 6% this turn)
Snatch~Substitute 20%~Rest

Eevee took a deep breath as she prepared for the oncoming attacks she was sure was coming. Surprisingly, after several seconds, Stantler had failed to move at all. He was simply staring at Eevee intensely, as if waiting for something. If one had gotten a closer look, they would have seen the glowing dark aura surrounding Stantler. Eevee looked confused but nonetheless wasn’t going to let an opportunity go to waste. Stantler stood tall and stared at Eevee, who didn’t notice that Stantler was looking much better all of a sudden, nor did she realize what had been taken from her. Eevee smirked and reared back for her next attack as if Stantler had just wasted a precious moment of time. She dashed forward, head lowered with her skull aimed right for the much taller Stantler’s legs. Making contact, Eevee was pleased to see Stantler buckle at the knees from the impact.

Eevee turned around and ran back into her original position, trying to make some space between her and her opponent. She was sure Stantler would attack now. It turned out that what she saw this time was even stranger than what had happened before. Shedding a substantial amount of hair, Stantler stepped back from the pile of fur she had made, and slowly cast some of her own life force in the form of a lightly glowing energy over the mound. Slowly rising up, the stand alone fur suddenly began to form a hollow shape, that was a very good replica of Stantler herself. Stantler herself had concealed herself behind a cluster of trees. Eevee had no idea what to think about this. She had blinked a couple of times during the process because she couldn’t believe what she was seeing. But there was no other Stantler except for this one in front of her, so she figured she had no other choice.

Eevee wasn’t sure if this next maneuver was really necessary, considering Stantler’s lack of attacking this round, but she decided there was nothing for her to lose. Eevee began rolling around in the grass, doing her best impression of “the most harmless thing in the entire world”. Staring with huge, blissful eyes, Eevee started becoming annoyed at the lack of affect she was having. Stantler (or what was thought to be Stantler) hadn’t moved a muscle. She looked particularly indifferent and emotionless. After chasing her tail, batting at a flower, and lying in the sun, Eevee gave up. Stantler never once showed any sign of a mood shift, or change of heart, and this was getting tiresome.

The real Stantler, meanwhile, was kneeling behind the trees she was concealed behind and was taking a peaceful nap. Why bother fighting when there’s a copy of you to do it for you? This was a very deep slumber indeed, and Stantler, though unaware of it, was healing many of her own wounds through the restorative powers of sleep, even curing her poison in the process. Eevee hadn’t thrown in the towel at this point, by no means. It was simply time to switch strategies. Determination and a willful spirit are some of the most powerful weapons available to those who know how to harness them, and Eevee wasn’t willing to lose. Using nothing but the drive she had for winning, Eevee forced her body to go the extra mile and quite suddenly sped toward Stantler at an alarming speed. Knocking the substitute into the air, Eevee leapt incredibly high, slamming into the Stantler substitute with her tail and knocking it back into the ground. Tired after this feat, Eevee bent her knees and breathed deeply, trying to get ready for the next round.

Eevee
Eevee (F)
Energy: 40%
Status: Tired, but pumped up. (Attack +2, Defense -1, Hidden Power and Protect Imprisoned)
Headbutt~Charm~Trump Card

Stantler
Stantler (F)
Health: 79%
Energy: 48%
Status: Sleeping peacefully. Feeling much better. (13% Substitute, Defense +1, Accuracy -1, Asleep)
Snatch~Substitute 20%~Rest

The Referee Says:

About the Battle:
-Stantler snatched the effects of Wish
-Substitutes can only be a maximum of 20%
-Charm failed due to the substitute
-Trump Card dealt damage at 50 power

About the Terrain:
-There is a large hole aside Stantler and Eevee
-Much of the grass is torn up and scattered about
-Stantler's current location is unknown

About the Next Round:
-Scyther attacks first
-Ameroq01 attacks second
-I ref

OK, Stantler, you're hidden, right? Well, just stay that way, unless, that is, Eevee finds you, in which case, use sleep talk.

If at any point you wake up, us imprision again. Then, chill.
Nothing/Sleep Talk~Nothing/Sleep Talk/Imprision~Nothing/Sleep Talk/Imprision/Chill

Eevee don't ive up, two can play at this game.

Use wish to heal yourself, then if you can find Stantler, use Toxic, if not, use Wish again, then use Double-edge

Wish~Toxic/Wish~Double-edge

Umm, I just noticed that my reffing which I thought I posted isn't here. This site has been conking out on me, and it did it right after I tried to make a post. I had to just quit out because it wouldn't load again. I'll have to re-write it, because I don't have the original. It'll be up tomorrow morning.

^Um, Omi? The reffing isn't up. I suppose I could just tell you this, considering I'm sitting right next to you, but meh.

EDIT: And it's not nice to delete your post right after you read this, either. >:-(

Last edited:
Arena Description:
2 vs. 2 single
style:set
DQ:1 week
Damage Cap:none
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: A grass plain

This flat landscape has the most beautiful lush, green grass with flowers sprouting in multiple places. It looks harmless, but you will soon see that there are rocks around the perimeter at this field that cause some trouble for the Pokemon. In addition to the multiple rocks surrounding the field, there are also trees that may contain Beedrill. If you bump into a tree, there is a high risk the Beedrill will attack, before fleeing.
It is very sunny, and there's not a cloud in the sky.

Spr_4h_133.png

Eevee (F)
Energy: 40%
Status:Tired, but pumped up. (Attack +2, Defense -1, Hidden Power and Protect Imprisoned)
Commands: Wish~Toxic/Wish~Double-edge

Spr_4h_234.png

Stantler (F)
Health: 79%
Energy: 48%
Status: Sleeping peacefully. Feeling much better. (13% Substitute, Defense +1, Accuracy -1, Asleep)
Commands: Nothing/Sleep Talk~Nothing/Sleep Talk/Imprision~Nothing/Sleep Talk/Imprision/Chill

Stantler snored a little in her sleep, stirring a little bit and mummbling a little but not doing anything, the Substitute not doing anything either.

Eevee coughed a little before she closed her eyes, silently chanting in some ancient langauge and creating a strong, colourful glow around her ears which constantly twitched. After she chanted for a while, the colourful glow took on the form of several little stars, coloured after the rainbow. All of them gathered together, creating a single big, yellow star that flew up to the sky, leaving a trail of rainbow coloured stars behind it until it disappeared in the sky, leaving Eevee covered in a very thin, transparent white glow.

Stantler stirred in her sleep another time, again not moving at all and just coughing and snoring. The substitute, on the other hand, leaned forward and ate some of the grass before it, not moving from the spot. After a short while, the real Stantler shook her head and stood up with a yawn, feeling great after such a good sleep. She stretched her body, thinking trough her commands ahead of time, wondering what she should do next, she yawned another time and decided she shouldn't break her poor head ahead(pardon) of time.

Eevee noticed some movements somewhere not very far from her- a brown bunch moved on the green scenery. That had to be the real Stantler! Smilling smugly, Eevee felt how her stomach turned around and some poisonous fluids came out of it, followed by some awfully wet coughs which lead to a sphere of purple energy making its way towards the real Stantler, presumably. The Substitute didn't seem to like that, however, and ran into the poisonous sphere, absorbing it without any harm, making Eevee slam her head against the ground while groaning.

Stantler looked at Eevee from far away, worried and amused at the same time. That Eevee might have found her, but she didn't expect her all-powerful move..Umm..What was it again? She couldn't remember- she could swear she remembered what it was a second ago, and now she forgot it! What worse could happen worse? However, after calming down for a short while, her mind settled- her trainer wanted her to...Chill! Yes, exactly! She had to chill in order to restore energy, just like her trainer told her to...Or, at least, she was sure he told her so. Without further ado, she sat down quietly, breathing as slowly as she could, and even if she felt a little bit dizzy, her muscles and body were so relaxed from the good sleep she had she felt how her body got filled with energy pretty quickly.

Meanwhile, Eevee had anything but calming down in her mind. That stupid stantler stole her healing, wounded her, used the energy that should be hers to create that stupid puppet, and some more things. She wanted a single thing: Revenge! her trainer gave her the command to smash that substitute, and that was what she was about to do. She charged up normal type energy in her body while looking at the puppet and trying to look as harmless as she could, rolling on the ground and chasing her tail like she previously did. However, the energy was exposed soon enough, and a brilliantly glowing, yellow energy covered her paws, tail, and half of her body. Smirking with satifastion, Eevee charged towards the Substitute which was still dully staring at her and crashed into it seconds later, making it explode in colourful detail and lots of smoke. However, such an attack had its toll, and Eevee was sent flying backwards, bleeding a little from the force of the move she just used.

The EMERGENCY referee came by, wearing some random hat(imagine something embarassing) and taking on the form of a mareep, shouted "Round's over!", and walked away.

Spr_4h_133.png

Eevee (F)
Health: 53%
Energy: 8%
Status:Angry, but happy she found Stantler. (Attack +2, Defense -1, Hidden Power and Protect Imprisoned)
Used: Wish~Toxic~Double-edge

Spr_4h_234.png

Stantler (F)
Health: 100%
Energy: 50%
Status: Feeling great, but angry her substitute broke. (Substitute:Broken, Defense +1, Accuracy -1)
Used: Nothing~Nothing~Chill

Referee's notes:
-Stantler was confused on the third action and randomly used Chill.
-It restored 15% energy because she felt great after sleeping.
-Wish will kick in on the 1st action next round.
-you happy I reffed this now, guys?
-Ameroq asked me to E-reff this~
-P.S. Wish cost 21% energy to call upon.
-Im not sure how Aelsthan works with it, but I made rest make Stantler get back health and pay energy on the action she woke up.
-Anything else you wanna know?
-Ameroq attacks first next round.

^.^ Thanks for reffing.

Okay Eevee, lets get this over with. Use fake tears, then use curse, and after that, trump card.

Fake Tears~Curse~Trump Card

Yes, thank you.

Chill~Calm Mind~Bounce (Up)/Protect

If you think you can Bounce before she hits you, do it. Otherwise, protect.

Back
Top Bottom