• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Being an Idiot

Getting fed up to the point of wasting my Master Ball on those annoying as fudge Teleporting Abras. T_T

I was little, don't judge me. Oh, and I suppose my thoughts that when a Pokémon fainted, it DIED and you could never use it again, you were supposed to release it. My entire Yellow Version career was basically one long, drawn out, PAINFUL Nuzlocke because of that misunderstanding asdfghjkl.

It didn't help that I was horrible at the game for the first several months I had it. So much PokéDeath. u.u I was a five year-old Pokémon serial killer. Asdfghjkl.

Well I'm not sure if this qualifies as me being an idiot (I blame Ivysaur), but one time in Gold, when I was much younger and had no idea what shinies were, I was training my Ivysaur (transferred from yellow) in one of the caves somewhere. I came across a weird colored Golbat, so I figured I should catch it. I thought it was a glitch and I would be famous or something.
Ivysaur used Razor Leaf. Somehow, he got a critical hit, and somehow OHKO'd the Golbat. I released Ivysaur :x

In Yellow, I used a Master Ball on a Seadra because at the time, I had never seen one in the game before, so I thought it was super rare or something.

When I played Silver I thought the ??? used as a placeholder for the Rival's name before you're able to name him was supposed to be his name so that's what I called him.
Granted it was only my second game and naming the rival in Yellow is far more straightforward, I still find this to have been real noob of me. I was 13 not 5.
Though I feel there is a certain poeticness to this particular rival's name remaining unknown.

I also have a handful of shiny fails.

Last edited:
Pokemon Yellow, my first game. Just under 10 years after getting it (Last Summer). Pull up the game... I'm in Mount Moon. In the boulder-water part of the cave. So I go looking around and try to find my way... and I'm going in circles... I find some rocks and click them, nothing... I'm LOST. Come back about a week later and then realize that I'm not playing a recent-gen Pokemon game and go to my Pokemon and TELL IT to use Strength. Yay, not lost anymore.

I restarted my Blue version after years of work(and not much progress), only to find that the way to Surf and Rock Smash lied in the Safari Zone.
And the fact I couldn't get through it.

Oh yeah, I found an Emerald game, and didn't think twice about taking the Pokémon from it. But, that was before I got to the Pal Park in Platinum so it's still all a fail.

And a semi-stupid thing I'm still doing:
Training an Absol to battle and survive a Hi Jump Kick in Pokéstar studios, when Sneasel/Weavile is much faster.

When I was 6/7-ish, I got a Lv 100 Rayquaza. I then gave it to my brother (that's my fail over, the rest is my brothers). About a week or so later, he decides he's gonna delete his save with the Rayquaza in it. So my first ever Lv 100 was lost to stupidity.
Also, my own fail, before the other one, I used my Master Ball (in Emerald) on a random Pelipper near Mosdeep. Me and my brothers then spent days trying to catch the Rayquaza (that eventually got deleted). Our faces when we caught it were rather funny. =P

Last edited:
Back when I was playing my Diamond, I didn't know that you could switch places between team members, so I was stuck with Chimchar(and eventually Monferno and Infernape) until I found out somewhere after getting destroyed by Fantina due to me not knowing my types (and resulted with Close Combat failing) and me without reading what Fire Spin does, thus replacing Flame Wheel with it.(That and the fact that I didn't train my other pokemon, leaving me with no other pokemon that can put up a fight.)

I didn't find out until yesterday that one of Tate and Liza is a boy.
Still not sure which one though.

A while ago when I first started playing the pokemon games, I spent about a month trying to find a female Nidoran O__O

I killed Rayquaza in Ruby version and has not saved since quite a while before then :I

When I was younger, I kept restarting my Pokemon Diamond over and over again because I didn't know where Fantina is. I had only played Platinum, so I was extremely confused and thought I was doing something wrong. XD

SoulSilver was my first Pokémon game, so I wasn't sure how it all worked. Oak asked me my rival's name, and then the police asked me the rival's name, and I was so scared. I thought there was an actual name for them, and I got upset and scared. I spent probably ten minutes thinking before I tried to put a random name in.

SoulSilver was my first Pokémon game, so I wasn't sure how it all worked. Oak asked me my rival's name, and then the police asked me the rival's name, and I was so scared. I thought there was an actual name for them, and I got upset and scared. I spent probably ten minutes thinking before I tried to put a random name in.

Well, at least you didn't name Silver "???".

Back
Top Bottom