• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Realistic Pokémafia II [Game]

Re: Realistic Pokémafia II [Game]

...wait I KOed DarkAura! woo!

this was fun to watch at least!

lmao, what the hell. how did we even manage this ;__;

Well, I didn't catch myself applying the follow the cop stratagem back there. Now that I notice it, I feel dirty.

To be honest this game was so mind-bogglingly innocent-slanted that I kind of just threw my hands up and couldn't be bothered anymore. :/ In a game where mafia attacks are not OHKOs (but lynches are) and about half of the players seem to have an action that reveals the target's alignment, the mafia basically stands no chance whatsoever. What's the point of trying to argue you're innocent when they can just arrange for several different players to inspect you and compare results tomorrow morning, and you're unlikely to even manage a single kill that night either way?

To be honest this game was so mind-bogglingly innocent-slanted that I kind of just threw my hands up and couldn't be bothered anymore. :/ In a game where mafia attacks are not OHKOs (but lynches are) and about half of the players seem to have an action that reveals the target's alignment, the mafia basically stands no chance whatsoever. What's the point of trying to argue you're innocent when they can just arrange for several different players to inspect you and compare results tomorrow morning, and you're unlikely to even manage a single kill that night either way?

Yeah, it definitely didn't turn out a balanced game. Kind of funny how, with my detect and therefore failed charm, I would've probably been on the chopping block if DarkAura didn't die.

That gives me an idea, though; maybe a game where lynches aren't an instakill in general? Not just a "you need a majority to force a lynch," but maybe each lynching vote takes away HP or something, with or without the possibility to viably KO/kill in one night. People would cast cotes individually; so it might even be possible to lynch two people at once (or try and fail). It might force innocent participation; at the very least, it makes more people come in to bandwagon.

I should point out that I think only two people had a move that was able to determine alignment. That was NOT the intended purpose of Charm, which was kind of meant to be used day 1 and hit an innocent and then never be able to be used again. The 'fails if it hits mafia' thing was a provision because I didn't want to handle an innocent+mafia lover pair, and I thought that would push the Mafia's numbers a bit too high if I handled it by placing the innocent player as part of the mafia. The 'never able to be used again' bit actually was supposed to discourage its use as an inspecting tool.

Probably should have considered one-hit KO moves, though. Notes for next time.

Standard procedure for that is simply not telling the player why exactly the move failed.

And yeah, giving the mob and the townsfolk the exact same kinds of power is bound not to go well -- the townsfolk have, by design, an advantage in numbers, so if everyone is about equal in power, then the town is much, much stronger than the mafia. And also, a mob that can't reliably kill people is an incredibly weak one.

One thing I'd do is give the mob stronger and more various attacking powers -- that way, if they know a player's Pokémon, that player would be screwed. I know I could have been if anyone had Earthquake, and yet, nobody had Ground-type moves at all, in spite of the fact that Levitate and Roost were things. It'd be a slightly more interesting game if the mafia simply had more dangerous toys to play with, and made it impractical for the town to just roleclaim out of the wazoo and then pseudo-follow the cop.

Standard procedure for that is simply not telling the player why exactly the move failed.
Or, and since I forgot to mention this the first time, killing the player. It's specially common with more frequent recruiters, like masons.

I remember saying that the mafia should have OHKO moves because. They should get a night kill? I mean that's probably their main advantage, having a near-guaranteed night kill. Although since there are so many powers other balancing measures would have to be taken but yeah.

This.

I mean, I thought I was covered then all of a sudden yet ANOTHER innocent showed up with a move that turned inspection and I was screwed, panicked, and claimed terrorist - which I could have been had I used explosion the night before. I was just really hoping to make people nervous enough to get me to last another night so I COULD use it.

There was literally no way the mafia could have won this the way it was et up. We were screwed from day one.

Back
Top Bottom