• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How many Pokédexes (or Pokédex equivalents) have you completed?

Autumn

bye
Pronoun
she
How many Pokédexes (or Pokédex equivalents) have you completed?

Right, so if you don't have signatures blocked and actually give a shit about people's signatures, mine has been tracking my progress in both Mystery Dungeon Blue and Omega Ruby for a while now. Earlier tonight I recruited Jirachi in Mystery Dungeon, meaning I now have every one of the 413 available Pokémon (since Unown forms are all separately available) in what I'd wager is one of the absolute hardest games to get all the Pokémon in, owing to its limitations on recruits (max 3 per dungeon trip, if they die they die, the fact that some of them are located in such shitty locations as deep Silver Trench, Purity Forest, Wish Cave, and Joyous Tower, the fact that a Pokémon spawning and fighting you doesn't guarantee recruitment (Exeggcute and Kecleon, anyone?), the necessity of evolving them...) that weren't present in the sequels.

So now I'm curious - we haven't talked Pokédexes in a while, and we certainly haven't considered spin-offs - even in the spin-offs is it possible to catch 'em all, of course. Have you completed any?

I've done:
Platinum
Mystery Dungeon Blue
Mystery Dungeon Sky
Ranger
Ranger 2 (Shadows of Almia)
Ranger 3 (Guardian Signs) (though not the "past" Browser)
Pokémon Snap (shut up that totally counts)
Pinball Ruby and Sapphire (albeit emulator; lost my cart copy many years ago)

I had a quest going to get everything in Trozei before I realized the legendaries were all but impossible without friends that have Trozei (of which I have none), I have close to completion in Mystery Dungeon Darkness even though I'll probably never finish that, and as my signature indicates, I am seven Pokémon away from having OR complete except for event legends. (And I actually do have all the event legends in my possession in some cart or another - except for Hoopa and Volcanion, of course - I just don't want to use those to fill the slots if I can help it, as I'd prefer to wait for sixth gen events.)

How about anyone else - any Pokédexes or Pokédex-equivalents filled? What do you think are the easiest and hardest of them to fill? How long did it take?

Re: How many Pokédexes (or Pokédex equivalents) have you completed?

I completed my Pokédex on Yellow, Gold and Diamond, but that's it... unless I completed it on one of the Ranger games at some point which I wouldn't really remember.

Shadey has recently caught 719 Pokémon in Pokémon Rumble World, though.

Not counting unobtainables I've completed FireRed, Diamond and any gen 6 game now that I have Bank.

Unobtainables I have include Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai and Diancie

I suppose Deoxys doesn't count as an unobtainable any more though, not that that's a bad thing.

I think I completed Ranger: Shadows of Almia.

Besides that, I completed the national dex in Black 1, and then with help from that in Y. As it is now, I have a complete living pokédex, so I'll never have to worry about filling up the dex in a main-series game again.

Murkrow said:
I suppose Deoxys doesn't count as an unobtainable any more though, not that that's a bad thing.
I transferred over my living dex to ORAS immediately when I started it, attempting to get the Shiny Charm from the get-go, and was promptly told that no, it wasn't complete, because Deoxys no longer counts as an event legendary (which I didn't have at the time). I was not amused.

I am sad to say that I've never completed the Pokedex in any game, but I've wanted to in ORAS or one of the Mystery Dungeon Games. I'd probably end up doing PMD first, in all honesty.

Yup, straight-up zero pokedexes ever, and not even particularly close. The best I managed was ~200 in my long-lost Silver cart.

I am a disappointment to professors everywhere, just like in real life, hurr hurr hurr.

i'm kinda working on getting a current living dex? i have the hoenn dex (need a living groudon) and most of the kalos dex, and I think between AS and X I think I have most of Kanto as well.

i kinda want a living dex just because now that we have pokemon bank, it'll be easier to transfer everything to the next gen and then catch the new stuff.

I completed my Ruby Pokédex way back in my childhood! My last Pokémon was Milotic. It was an exciting day when I randomly decided to go fishing and reeled in a Feebas.

I think I also completed the RS Pinball Pokédex? I remember being stuck on like, Lileep and Cradily or something and I can't remember if I got them or not.

edit: The Hoenn dex, that is. Although I actually did complete the national Pokédex by laboriously using Action Replay to catch the first stage of every single line and leveling them all up to evolution using Rare Candies. Somehow I don't think that counts.

I forgot to mention that both Platinum and OR are living dexes. OR was completed with no GTS trading whatsoever (save Vivillon forms) and the only trading at all being for a couple Y exclusives; everything else was acquired in one of my games, by me. I also made a point to not transfer anything from White(2) unless I absolutely had to, and I don't think I did, so everything is from a gen 6 game.

I've only ever completed my Pokédex in Y, and that was thanks to the wonders of the GTS. I wouldn't have been motivated to do it if it wasn't for the shiny charm. (Which, amazingly enough, has proved useful!)

The collecting part of Pokémon games has never really been my thing. I consider myself satisfied when I've gotten my favourites in order and assembled my competitive battling team.

Although I do remember helping my childhood friend complete his blue Pokédex, and since we were only eight years old, we got all excited about the diploma and acted as if it was a real one.

Last edited:

RSE Pinball is the only completed Dex for me. I'm similar to Byrus in that collection has never been my thing, I generally only catch a 6 Pokemon team, some HM slaves, and then leave the game alone. I did get very close on a Sapphire ROM I had, probably only because you could speed up the game so much so I didn't get bored or lose interest.

Yup, straight-up zero pokedexes ever, and not even particularly close. The best I managed was ~200 in my long-lost Silver cart.

I am a disappointment to professors everywhere, just like in real life, hurr hurr hurr.
I am pleased to report that, after downloading the Jirachi gift this evening, I have actually completed the Hoenn 'dex in my Omega Ruby game!

I'm going to be going through the regional dexes one by one and clearing them. Currently working on Kanto... something like halfway done, I think? That legendary bird distribution in May sounds pretty gr8.

I think the only one I've done legitimately is the first Ranger Browser. I'm pretty close in Almia...

I'm pretty sure my answer is none...

Like, I would certainly catch every "new" Pokemon I came across, but I never went the extra mile to make sure I completed a pokedex.

I'm still slowly working on my pokedex! I'm like 87%ish done - if you're completing a pokedex, I'd recommend using a dex tracker like this one, it makes it a lot easier.

I'm pretty sure my answer is none...

Like, I would certainly catch every "new" Pokemon I came across, but I never went the extra mile to make sure I completed a pokedex.

!!! this is me right here

The new unova pokedex, but just because of the nature preserve. Also the Almia browser, because I had time and I am a completionist.

I also went out of my way to make sure I saw every single non mythical kalos pokemon... But that probably doesn't count.

None. I'm too lazy to even catch more than what I need for my team and you expect me to catch 700+ of them?

in chronological order: white, white 2, x, alpha sapphire, yellow

yellow was the hardest tbh

Back
Top Bottom