• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Generations

Re: Pokémon Generations

Huh. I was pretty disappointed with Origins, and it seems to me like trying to cover *more* ground with *shorter* episodes seems like it's going to work out even worse. Like, I'm skeptical of how "epic" a battle you can cram into five minutes of airtime. But! If they're clever about it and really own the short format, I think they could make it work.

I don't think I should be laughing at sunglasses!Giovanni as hard as I am.

The first episode is out! Seems pretty ok, but nothing too special. it features a probopass in it, which is AWESOME.

I really liked Generations as a concept, but a lot of the episodes seemed really similar to me, and I was usually left without a feeling of satisfaction.

I really liked Generations as a concept, but a lot of the episodes seemed really similar to me, and I was usually left without a feeling of satisfaction.

I feel the same way. I was left thinking this would be a series that actually stayed true to the games and followed the same plot as them, but it was just more of a highlight reel of the most memorable moments if all the games. Which is fine, because it looked pretty dang awesome, but they definitely could've expanded and done more with it.

I feel the same way. I was left thinking this would be a series that actually stayed true to the games and followed the same plot as them, but it was just more of a highlight reel of the most memorable moments if all the games. Which is fine, because it looked pretty dang awesome, but they definitely could've expanded and done more with it.

My sentiments exactly. I like Generations as a collection of accompanying cinematics to the main series games. However, as an expansion of the universe, it falls short (except the Looker one. That was a great expansion.).

Yeah, I wasn't hugely impressed with Generations. I did think the shorts got better as the series went farther along, so I could easily have missed the best stuff by losing track of it before the end. The last one I actually watched was the Mega Rayquaza one, which I actually thought was quite well done. But for the most part, yeah, the teensy time slots really limited it, and they definitely didn't do as much as they could have. A lot of the time I found the dialogue in particular to be really cringe-worthy bad, and often characters just didn't sound like their canon selves.

Also, did any of the shorts actually end up featuring the female game protagonist? All the ones I watched where the protagonist appeared, it was the guy, which was irritating. Girls exist and play your games too, TPCi!

Back
Top Bottom