The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Non-Pokémon > The Laughing Cupboard

Notices

Old 10-11-2015, 06:13 AM
Captain Husbando

Pronoun: she
Flora is on a distinguished road
Default Flora's life is a fanfic; or, I HAD A DATE WHAT

YES YOU DID READ THAT CORRECTLY. THIS WHOLE TWO-WEEK SPAN HAS BEEN INCREDIBLY WEIRD.

Okay so my one friend and I...I have no idea WHAT it was but we got mistaken for dating. At least once. Probably more. Whatever. It was an inside joke for a LONG time.

So twoish weeks ago due to me getting assigned as assistant house manager and him being in charge of the concession stand I realized oh man i'm partially in charge of all these freshmen who may or may not mistake us for dating this could be FUN and in quite possibly my dumbest (or smartest; reference thread title) move ever I said "hey you know what would be funny if we fake-dated to trick all the freshmen for shits and giggles" and my friend was all HELL YEAH (okay it was more like "let's act like a couple while the freshmen are around")

Sometime after this I realized this was literally a fanfic trope but since my life is already ridiculous enough I just kinda disregarded that

Except APPARENTLY the whole fake-dating-turns-to-real-dating trope ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE because sometimes you realize "man it would be really nice actually dating them" and then BOOM down the feelings well you go.

So here I am, an awkward nerd who hadn't been on a date since fucking 2011 trying to check the time or something before the show, and here he is letting his subordinates do all the work because there are WAY TOO MANY USHERS RIGHT NOW (but that's a side note) and i forget how we got on the subject (thanks brain, not like i wanted to recount that the seven fucking billion people who asked) but we were both just like "i mean i wouldn't be OPPOSED to actually dating" (understatement of the year, on both counts, nice) and we wound up with a date.

we were gonna go to a diner off-campus by virtue of one of our very excited classmates but she wound up unable to so we just had a date on-campus but it was okay! it was still really nice! (he was super nervous and had apparently been working up the nerve to ask me out pretty much since this whole thing began) and we have another date tomorrow!!

...man it is so weird trying to reconcile "this was p much inevitable" with "BUT IT'S A THING WOW WHAT"

(also pretty much every non-freshman approached us like SO HOW WAS IT I'm not even kidding. the freshmen didn't even care at ALL it was astounding)

Last edited by Flora; 10-11-2015 at 11:16 AM. Reason: I AM REALLY GOOD AT FORMATTING
Old 10-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Sciiiieeeennnccceee

Emperor_Evulz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flora's life is a fanfic; or, I HAD A DATE WHAT

Hey, awesome! It's nice to hear that what was a joke lead to budding relationship.

Hope the second date goes well!
Old 10-11-2015, 09:38 PM
chah, dude

Pronoun: He
The Omskivar is an unknown quantity at this point

go flora go go go

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omskivar
Anyway hi I'm The Omskivar
Old 10-12-2015, 01:11 AM
plus ultra!

Pronoun: he
I liek Squirtles is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to I liek Squirtles

WOO!!
Flora did it!! Finally!!! :D

~*tumblr~

Haikus

我不会日文,
也我不是中国人。
我很爱灯管。
- sovram 2014

Old 10-12-2015, 02:09 AM
Vinyl Scratch

Pronoun: He
Zero Moment is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Moment

Noice.
Originally Posted by Benuty
Baby jesus would hardly be offended by Lgbt people marrying after all he is .... baby jesus.
No. Baby Jesus will be very sad and he will cry. Do you want to make baby Jesus cry?
Old 10-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Captain Husbando

Flora is on a distinguished road

Hi guys!!! The second date was nice and he was slightly less nervous this time (but it'll probably take a while for him to get over that completely, knowing him and his general tendency towards nervousness) and I think this is gonna become a regular thing and he's really happy and I'M really happy

(and my classmates are all excited, even the one who didn't realize it was an actual date, haha)
Old 10-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Always~learning

Pronoun: any
norblarchoop is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh god its like my fanfictions. Good on yer!