The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Non-Pokémon > The Laughing Cupboard

Notices

Old 06-14-2015, 02:37 AM
oh man, good times.

Pronoun: She
Eifie is on a distinguished road
Default In Which Eifie Throws Herself off Buildings for Fun

Hi tcodf! Guess what! I'm going to throw myself off a 17-story building in support of youth with physical disabilities! :O

Well, I'm gonna rappel down the side of it, anyway. There's this really cool event called The Drop Zone by Easter Seals Canada, which is an organization devoted to giving opportunities to kids with disabilities across the country. Aside from stuff like helping provide mobility devices and other stuff to families that need them, they hold these really cool camps for these kids including, among other things, the only fully-accessible high ropes course on the continent, apparently. It's super super cool.

AND if I manage to fundraise $1500 by September 29th, I get to rappel down the side of a 17-story building wearing a badass superhero costume! How awesome is that?! You know you want me to recklessly throw myself off a building. Don't you?!

If you happen to want to toss me a dollar, either to help out Easter Seals or just so that I will, in fact, end up wetting myself in terror from 17 stories up, my donation page is here. Or just wish me luck throwing myself off a building! That is appreciated :O If I make it to the rappeling part, there will hopefully be pictures of me bawling my eyes out in my Black Widow costume or whatever.

Oh my god, I'm so excited. Be excited with me.

what on earth have I gotten myself into

(also hehe I feel like I should make clear that I don't really expect many actual donations, mostly just be excited with me/terrified for me/excited for my terror, idk)

Last edited by Eifie; 10-01-2015 at 03:00 AM. Reason: lol go away rl friends, you can't find me now. this is obviously a very necessary security measure
Old 06-14-2015, 04:02 AM
bye

Pronoun: she
Autumn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: In Which Eifie Throws Herself off Buildings for Fun

I WANNA DO THIS SOMETIME
Old 06-14-2015, 05:27 AM
Vinyl Scratch

Pronoun: He
Zero Moment is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Moment

I don't :(
Acrophobia isn't fun.
Originally Posted by Benuty
Baby jesus would hardly be offended by Lgbt people marrying after all he is .... baby jesus.
No. Baby Jesus will be very sad and he will cry. Do you want to make baby Jesus cry?
Old 06-15-2015, 12:24 AM
beep beep coming through

Pronoun: Any
Kratos Aurion is an unknown quantity at this point

That's awesome (both the cause and your good news)! Rappeling is fun, although I've never done it from quite that height, haha. one time was off a building, though... a one-story building hurdurr

Good luck! :D
Old 06-17-2015, 12:35 AM
oh man, good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altissimo View Post
I WANNA DO THIS SOMETIME
I KNOW RIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos Aurion View Post
That's awesome (both the cause and your good news)! Rappeling is fun, although I've never done it from quite that height, haha. one time was off a building, though... a one-story building hurdurr

Good luck! :D
Thanks! :D I have never rapelled before in my life. I'm so stoked.

In other news, I reached $500 today! :O And my dad hasn't even donated yet, so later I might have, like, $501. Rejoice!
Old 06-17-2015, 05:05 AM
Flower Paradise

Pronoun: he, they
Keldeo is on a distinguished road

Wow, this looks really cool and fun! I'm simultaneously excited and terrified for you. Will there be a recording or something like that of the rappelling?
Old 06-17-2015, 12:48 PM
oh man, good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldeo View Post
Wow, this looks really cool and fun! I'm simultaneously excited and terrified for you. Will there be a recording or something like that of the rappelling?
Hm, I don't think so, unless I ask somebody to take a video on their phone from the ground, haha. They do have photos on their flickr! I particularly like this photo of someone dressed like a super-banana.

"idk, I'm bad at puns" -Keldeo, inexorable pundit of puns and wordplay
Old 08-19-2015, 02:49 AM
oh man, good times.

I thought I would give an update! I have officially raised $995, with an additional pledge of about $300 that will be actually donated soon, so I think I will be able to actually do it! :D My workplace was unable to sponsor me directly, but they said they would help me hold some sort of fundraising event. I couldn't get any help from the YMCA or anything to do something cool and relevant like wheelchair basketball though (a bunch of the employees are basketball fans), so that didn't work out. But maybe I do not need their help!

Also, apparently Easter Seals was having some early bird prize draw for everyone who has already raised $500. I didn't realize this was happening until they emailed me to say I'd won. The prize is a gift certificate for this site that aggregates a bunch of cool adventure experience stuff around Canada, and it covers enough to let me and Dragon go on an awesome rappeling and ziplining adventure in some random corner of Ontario for very cheap! :D :D So excited.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:27 AM
Back in black.

Lord of the Fireflies is an unknown quantity at this point

This is pretty fucking awesome

especially when you get a bundle of cool prizes for it

might be able to throw in twenty bucks or so as soon as I receive my paycheck
Old 09-10-2015, 03:43 PM
oh man, good times.

Another update! A few days ago I reached my fundraising goal! I can't believe I actually managed to raise a whole $1500! (Also, I can't believe that I am actually going to rappel down a 17-story building. Nice.)

Old 09-30-2015, 03:26 PM
oh man, good times.

Sooo, the event was postponed yesterday because of thunderstorm warnings for a storm that never actually happened, so I will be jumping off the building today! (Also, it turns out that it is 20+ stories, and it's only technically 17 stories for some reason I've forgotten.) It is just under (or over?) T minus 3 hours. Hopefully I will be alive to tell the tale in three and a half hours, otherwise Easter Seals is going to be getting some bad publicity :p
Old 10-01-2015, 02:15 AM
oh man, good times.

And so the day comes to a close and I have avoided meeting the same fate as Eta Carinae's poor Growlithe, and for now all I have to show for it is a shit-ton of free stuff and this horrible photo of a photo (warning: photo of (a photo of) me looking like a derp). I also have a video, so if you really wanna see it you can ask me; it looks very boring from the ground imo, but at least I made good time (only 5 minutes) and you get to hear the announcer going on about my "obviously INCREDIBLE upper body strength" and "GOOD FORM! GOOD FORM" half a second before I lose control and go flailing around in the air a second time. :p

But I did it!!! omg I really want to do it again next year but I have no idea how I'm going to manage to raise $1500 again. And the especially humbling part is that that $1500 I worked so hard to raise is only half of a yearly grant to one family to help them afford mobility devices and stuff. I hope I will be able to help more next year! Thanks tcodf for wishing me luck and lack of untimely shattering of bones!!!

"idk, I'm bad at puns" -Keldeo, inexorable pundit of puns and wordplay
Old 10-01-2015, 03:02 AM
Vinyl Scratch

Zero Moment is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Moment

Congrats on hitting your goal and getting to jump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eifie View Post
Kaweiifie
Old 10-22-2015, 04:32 AM
oh man, good times.

omg so I've posted in this so many times but all the pictures finally went up on flickr (there are about 9 photos of me IN ACTION there if you feel like looking, also a grown man dressed as Tinkerbell. Eta Carinae the album has been updated with like 600 more photos lmao) and you have got to see this photo of the instant I dropped off the edge of the roof. the look on my face as I gaze down upon my doom is just too perfect.

photo of me and my face

this will be the last post I swear

Tags
omg