• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I'm not really interested in music but want to be

Well, what the title says. I have no real interest in music*, but I have an idea of what I like and don't like. So, can you recommend any songs or bands?

I like... Well, I kinda like different kinds of "newer" rock(don't look too deep into this term, just rock genres that's not... "rock" rock if you get what I mean), like progressive(or whatever it's called) to hard rock-ish to not-too-"rough" metal or whatever I should call it... Sorry, I'm not good with genres, and can't really give you any examples of things I like. I'm also okay with most other kinds of music, so just recommend what you think is good. Just recommend something, please!

* note that "no real interest" means "not really listening to anything at all but like some kinds of music and songs, I know about some kinds of music but I'm just not really a fan of any songs/bands"

Last edited:
classical music is a real suggestion

listen to Grieg, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky etc

Well, music sounds interesting but I'm just not sure where to start!

Plus, a minor reason... at school in music class, we're having a project about a song of our choice, and I haven't found my song yet(and I want something I like). We have to say it tomorrow or we'll get 1 (which is similar to F) and that's project's very important for our overall grades. I know I can just pick whatever random song, but I don't really want anyone to think that's what I like (if it's something I don't of course)

But of course, don't worry about my personal problems that rather belong in the coughing cupboard. Just recommend something for me!

Last edited:
Well, music sounds interesting but I'm just not sure where to start!

Plus, a minor reason... at school in music class, we're having a project about a song of our choice, and I haven't found my song yet(and I want something I like). We have to say it tomorrow or we'll get 1 (which is similar to F) and that's project's very important for our overall grades. I know I can just pick whatever random song, but I don't really want anyone to think that's what I like (if it's something I don't of course)

But of course, don't worry about my personal problems that rather belong in the coughing cupboard. Just recommend something for me!
Radio is a good place to start.

Say you find a fast song. Find something similar, then continue finding something similar. that's how I started.

"Thanks", I guess, but I'm not interested in classical at all. In fact, want me to list all the kinds of music I don't like?

If you want to get into music, best way to study it is where it started. Folk and classical. If you wanna know what music is like, study the theory, really. I did way back when, and though I have forgotten how to read sheet music (I was able to), these are two good starting places. I would not recommend pop music because it's mostly built on the same sort of chord progressions and boring songwriting.

Jazz is a good genre.

Heavy metal is interesting, but dunno how much you'll like that.

Blues?

World music?

You could even try electronica.

You can also just go with contemporary rock music.

If you wanna get into music, be specific, because I can't just suggest something without you shooting it down.

But really, classical isn't a bad idea at all. I never did it, because I am not wired to enjoy classical music (it bores me fast) but it's good to study music theory.

I can't recommend anything unless I know what you like, so I suggested classical which is always good.

If you want to go song searching, go browsing aorund Youtube, people's music videos (no matter how bad they are) and eventually you should find something.

Well, I do know something about music, what I mean is that I know what kind of music I like, but need some recommendation. I guess I wasn't really clear about what I meant... the thing is that I don't really listen to music, and just need some... good recommendations.

I guess I should just have told that from the start... Now I see how what I said could be misleading. I meant that I'm not a fan of any particular bands or songs, but I, sort of, know what I like.

Well, if you don't know very specifically what music you like, then there's not really anything we can do except suggest lots of stuff, and that's not very helpful!

Still, surely you have some idea of what you enjoy listening to? You haven't literally been living under a rock, have you?

EDIT: I mean, I know you're aware of what general kind of music you're into, but... can't you name any song or band you like?

er I guess if you're looking for one starting point for popular music then Coldplay is a good band to listen to.

Claydol girl is just about as wrong as you can possibly get without telling people that the Holocaust never happened, but Radiohead is pretty damn hard to get into for someone who doesn't listen to music that much. Coldplay is a better starting point.

I mean, Coldplay's appeal is pretty universal, unless you're one of those indie snobs who used to think Death Cab For Cutie was the Next Big Thing but now hates them due to the fact that they have a platinum album.

Back
Top Bottom