• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Slowbro vs Slowking?

Bulbamew

Bring on Omega Ruby!
Hey guys. I've found myself in a minor situation whilst playing through HeartGold.

I've never really used Slowpoke or its evolutions before, but I've decided to use them this time because, despite being very early in the game, I've come across a Shiny Slowpoke in Slowpoke Well. I caught him, so I'm now using him in my team as I can't just let what I'm pretty sure is my first ever pre-Hall of Fame Shiny (excluding the red Gyarados) just sit and rot in my PC forever.

To the point, I do plan on evolving Slowpoke at some point, but I haven't got the slightest idea on what I'm evolving him into, Slowbro or Slowking. Could I get your opinions on which one is the better Pokemon overall?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-09 at 13.26.44.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-09 at 13.26.44.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 45
practically speaking the differences are essentially negligible ingame; slowbro's higher def might be a bit more useful than slowking's higher spd, but not actually in a substantially useful way. really comes down a lot to how easily you can acquire slowking and how long you want to wait before you evolve slowpoke. like, you can trade-evolve way before you get to level 37. on the other hand, then you miss out on slack off, although whether that's actually worth a moveslot ingame might also be questionable. um also nasty plot and possibly power gem.

Personally, I would chose Slowking, because I like Slowking more. I suppose its up to your preference.

I feel like Slowking should be stronger than Slowbro, I've been put off by Slowbro recently because I think its Mega Evolution looks awful (I'm not a whinging Genwunner who hates everything post-Gen 2, I love pretty much all the other Megas), and I think Slowking looks better when Shiny, so I'll probably pick Slowking. I'm guessing the actual stat differences aren't that noticeable so it probably is down to preference.

Veekun compares Slowbro and Slowking.

the only real difference stat-wise is that Slowbro has a slight emphasis on physical defense while Slowking emphasizes special defense. Except I prefer Slowking because it has a larger special movepool (if only because it gets Nasty Plot by level-up and Power Gem by move relearner). Slowbro instead gets Slack Off, and that's basically it.

Veekun compares Slowbro and Slowking.

the only real difference stat-wise is that Slowbro has a slight emphasis on physical defense while Slowking emphasizes special defense. Except I prefer Slowking because it has a larger special movepool (if only because it gets Nasty Plot by level-up and Power Gem by move relearner). Slowbro instead gets Slack Off, and that's basically it.

Think I'll definitely go for Slowking then. Thanks for that

Back
Top Bottom