• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Final Pokemon Game

Roxxor

1st Generation Pokemon Trainer
I wish Nintendo would make a final Pokemon game. Eventhough it won't happen, I wish it would. They could make a Pokemon game where you travel through all four regions and collect all 32 badges. If Nintendo made a new region and new Pokemon you could just go to your local game store and pay for an upgrage. The game would just be called "Pokemon". If the Pokemon games don't stop coming out individually we'll eventually be playing Pokemon Carbon and Pokemon Sulfur. Nintendo could still make sequels to the Pokemon spin-offs (Ranger and Mystery Dungeon) because they barely have any multiplayer modes. Eventhough it's fun, I get tired of making a new team for each game. I could just transfer my teams from the older games, but then I would have a box full of high-leveled Pokemon lacking inspiration.

I could talk about this forever, but I want to here your thoughts. Remember I'm a huge fan of Pokemon; I just want a huge, epic Pokemon game to end all Pokemon games. :)

Above ground secrect bases would also be good...

I don't thing Nintendo would ever actually just "end" the series but they might just let the RPG fade off and keep working on their spin offs. A game where you could travel to all four regions would be great but I don't think the DS card has enough memory to do it all.

If it was it's own handheld, it would probably cost a lot. Other than that, your idea seems pretty cool.

Well, you are paying for four games in one, so if it was sold for $70 - $80, I would be fine with the price.

By the time you got to the last region, all the Gym Leaders and E4 members would have Pokemon Lv. 100. Of course, you could just increase the maximum level to, let's say, 200, but I doubt they'd go for it.

Of course, you could just increase the maximum level to, let's say, 200, but I doubt they'd go for it.
The maximum level in Pokémon games is Lv. 255. Nintendo chose to keep it at Level 100, and levels higher than that would be impossible to get to, but levels higher than 100 still are in the game.

Anyway, that'd be awesome if you could go through all the regions and collect all 32 badges. It'd take years to do that, though.

More generations. That's all we need. D=
I wish I knew how to scratch sprite. All the tutorials I have gone through don't help. Not even Butterfree's. Most of her things help me.

Unfortunately, in this world the priority seems to be not what the fans want but rather what would sell the most. << And a game for 70~80 wouldn't work. Sure, you're buying four games in one, but potential newcomers to the series would be turned off by the hefty price tag, no matter how awesome the game.

And personally, as I've already stated: I don't want to play through all four regions again. I want new places to explore, new characters, new challenges. I'm sick of everyone preaching about a godforsaken G/S remake-- I want fifth gen and a new region, or no new gen but still a new region. Make it big. Make it so you can revisit old regions after the main one. But gimme a new region.

Problem with making a continuous game is the wild Pokemon levels. GSC made it work-- Pokemon were approximately the same levels in the routes in Kanto as they were in RBY. However, this made it difficult to add them to your team, since you had to train like crazy to bring them up to par with the rest. Four regions would be ridiculous; by the time you got to Hoenn, you wouldn't feel like raising a Plusle even though it was your favourite, because you already had a full team of Level 150 Kanto Pokemon. :/

(Oh, and Forgotten: Tutorials alone will not make you a better scratch spriter. What does it is practice. :D PM me if you like and I'll give you some pointers.)

And every time I look at one of these threads, I sigh. Imagine if, say... Nintendo had made Diamond and Pearl as Ruby and Sapphire add-ons. The games would be limited to the existing engine- so much of what they did that hadn't been done before would be impossible. Take, for example, the Physical/Special split. Couldn't happen, and so many fewer Pokemon would be viable. Besides, upgrades would consume more and more memory... They'd have to make a sequel, if only for that reason. As for not needing to make a new party... if you ported an old team over directly, it'd be crap anyway. The games have totally different metagames.

I highly doubt that new pokemon games will stop being made any time soon, simply because it is one of Nintendo's most popular titles. However, I desperately hope that they stop making more generations eventually. I'll take a fifth generation, but if they go beyond that I'm just going to give up on the series.

Here is my theory of how Pokemon will evolve...

In 10-20 years, the new handheld systems will be as powerful as the Wii. This will enable the systems to download and save information. Game's on this new system will run like games on your computer, no need to have the Game Card inserted all the time.

The new Pokemon game will be able to download from WiFi (after paying, of course), and when new pokemon or regions are made, you'll be able to download those regions like an expansion pack.

This way, new regions and Pokemon will be added continuously, and you'll be able to travel to every region they've created.

If indeed things go bad for Pokemon and the series has to end then yes, your idea would be a nice send-off.

But what with Pokemon being the second most popular game series of all time, and with each generation being just as fun as the last despite being practically identical, I don't think it's all that likely any time soon.

Here is my theory of how Pokemon will evolve...

In 10-20 years, the new handheld systems will be as powerful as the Wii. This will enable the systems to download and save information. Game's on this new system will run like games on your computer, no need to have the Game Card inserted all the time.

The new Pokemon game will be able to download from WiFi (after paying, of course), and when new pokemon or regions are made, you'll be able to download those regions like an expansion pack.

This way, new regions and Pokemon will be added continuously, and you'll be able to travel to every region they've created.

*got an amazing idea*
Yes! The system could be like a handheld version of the Wii. The handheld could have a bunch of different channels, one being the Shop Channel. Your Wii (or whatever console is out then) and handheld could share points. Instead of being called "Wii Points" they could be called "Nintendo Points". Then you could buy expansions for a Pokemon game, and it could undergo system updates to support better graphics, new regions, bigger boxxes, ect.

And a game for 70~80 wouldn't work.

It worked in the SNES era. Didn't SMRPG and EarthBound sell for like $70? Then again, those weren't exactly cream of the crop in terms of sales...

The final Pokemon game would have to be different. Forget new regions - you need a new idea, almost revolutionary, to add to the game. Something totally new. I can't think of anything like that yet, but let's go on to the improvements:
-The contests. Get rid of the appearance thing unless it can be made to be specific. What the heck corresponds with "The Created", sparkles?
-Have your Pokmon show up behind you a la Pokemon yellow... or not. Personally, I loved it.
-Think about Pokemon with an epic plot and a silent protagonist you could relate to. Imagine your Pokemon actually having personalities and tastes. (How dare you take me to Matthew's salon when I prefer Jennifer's!)
-Cycling in those certain buildings again would be nice. :]
-Balanced meta-game?

I don't really know what I'd like in a final Pokemon game except for something really new.

...will probably never come. Pokemon is the 2nd most popular series, dwarfed only by Mr. Plumber himself - what are the chances that they're just going to stop?

It could work if you had to start with a new pokemon for each region and couldn't acess your old team until the elite four.
But I honestly think that it'd be very tedious.
I like waiting for new games. I get excited and i can't wait to play them. But if i have to work at the game for six months to beat it i'll just get bored, and give up. to be honest.
Then there's the fact that i don't think they're going to run out of ideas any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom