• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

You are [x belief system]. Your significant other is [y belief system].

Would you convert to your significant other's religion?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 54 85.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters
absolutely not, under any circumstances.

conflicting religions (/lack of religions) in relationships are also hard to bear after a while
so I just tend to find people who can agree with me

I could never be in a relationship with like.. a young-earth creationist. No matter how pretty or nice or smart she seemed. It just.. wouldn't work.

I couldn't just decide "Oh, my significant other believes this, so I'm going to believe it too." Honestly, I find it decidedly odd that anybody could. You don't really believe in your religion if you could change it as a simple convenience, do you?

EDIT: Also, my dad is an atheist and my mom a sort of Christian-Buddhist-personal-flavor thing. They also have different (though not drastically so) political opinions. They get along fine and we the kids have turned out just fine in an upbringing that made so little mention of religion that for the longest time I had no idea about their beliefs. In general I don't think people should indoctrinate their children, religiously or otherwise. Just make it clear to them that there are all sorts of different religious beliefs, teach them reasonable tolerance and critical thinking, and tell them your own beliefs if it becomes relevant. That should work fine even if the couple has different beliefs.

Last edited:
if they wanted me to convert for them, they wouldn't be my significant other.

Back
Top Bottom