• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dragon vs Kratos Aurion

It's hippotiem. Let's wrap things up, Kiboko.

...wow, I just realized I'm the only person in ASB with a member of this line. hay Kiboko you am speshul

Last edited:
Aw crap, I thought the DQ time was the standard week. Dragon posted in the Absence Sheet, though, so I'll give her another... 48 hours to post her commands.

EVOLUTION, ROSE

anways here i am pushing the DQ tiems. Lessee.

Erm. Toxic and then Body Slam, or Shadow Ball if (s)he's Steel, Ghost or Rock type.

Toxic~Shadow Ball/Body Slam x2

Protect against the Toxic unless you are poison- or steel-type, in which case you should go for Yawn. Then Yawn if you haven't already and Stockpile 10% if you have. Either way, finish by burying her with Rock Tomb.

Protect/Yawn ~ Yawn/Stockpile 10% ~ Rock Tomb

Originally Posted by Dragon
The Best Arena comes back with a few edits :D

2 vs 2 single
Style: Swiiiiitch, though no one will >_>
DQ: Five and seven hours
Damage Cap: 49%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Dig, Earthquake, anything that will require a lot of money to fix once the Trainers leave >:/
Arena: Holon Field

A flat, almost completely so, green, thriving field in a supposedly fictional region. Encircling where the battlers will be are odd glowing stones, of a hue of every colour imaginable. Strangely, there are only seventeen stones, though these shift colour every now and then. Hills wave up and down in the distance, though where the battlers are is in the middle of nowhere.

There was a legend in Holon, about Pokemon that are not the types they should be, like Psychic Vileplumes or Electric Pidgeots. For a while, this has been only a legend, until such Pokemon were actually found. This field in Holon, though small, is a national park, so destruction is frowned upon. Although for whatever reason, Trainers may come to battle, or watch battles here every once in a while.

Not a very smart idea, on the government's part.

Every round, there is a 80% chance of the battling Pokemon spontaneously changing types. Their weaknesses, resistances, and STAB are not the only things that change, however, the Pokemon is coated in an aura or flames of the colour of the type they have changed into, red for Fire, for example, that has a 20% chance of doing 1% damage of whatever type the aura is on contact. These changes fade at the end of each round, though the next round there is still an 80% of a type change. What type the Pokemon changes into is up to the referee.

On the side, there is a small pond for aquatic Pokemon, about twenty feet square and twelve feet deep.

Based on the TCG.

Kratos withdrew his comatose Pandive with a small smile and a few, brief words. As the bright red light was entirely sucked into the Pokeball, he mentioned something about an evolution in the near future, and the sphere seemed to quiver in anticipation.

Several seconds later, there was another flash of vermillion, and a Pokemon rarely seen within and in the outskirts of Asber took form: a Hippopotas. Kiboko gaped his jaws open in a yawn, revealing blunt, powerful teeth, and snorted several times. With each snort, rivers of sand flew out of his nostrils – where the debris came from was a mystery – until the ground was layered with the tiny grains. Kiboko huffed, and as if in response a wind kicked up, picking up handfuls of sand and throwing them every which way. Rose whimpered. The flying sand was far from comfortable; it dug into her eyes and into her several open wounds.

Round Ten

Dragon (XO)

Eevee
Rose (F) <Adaptability>
Health: 60%
Energy: 63%
Status: Regarding the weather change with disdain. Badly poisoned (1% this round, 2% next). -1 Speed.
Commands: Toxic ~ Shadow Ball/Body Slam ~ Shadow Ball/Body Slam

Kratos Aurion (XO)

Hippopotas
Kiboko (M) <Sand Stream>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: A bit sleepy, but feeling relatively safe within his sandstorm.
Commands: Protect/Yawn ~ Yawn/Stockpile 10% ~ Rock Tomb

Kiboko blinked. If he turned into a Steel-type, what…? His half-formed question was answered when the seventeen stones around the field leapt into action, turning from normal-looking boulders to a splash of rainbow in a second’s notice. The Hippopotas grunted in surprise, and again when he was swallowed by a deep cerulean aura. Despite his original typing, the little pool off to the side suddenly looked much more appealing… Not too far away from him, Rose was trying to resist the urge to buzz, and was failing quite miserably.

Shrugging, Kiboko siphoned a small fraction of his energy to form a thin but strong dome around him. The air around him shimmered the faintest green. Rose, however, was completely oblivious, and was instead blending an awful potion in the back of her throat, a mixture of gurgles and drones emanating from her. Once she had merged all the toxins her body had to offer, she trotted towards her opponent and, with a grimace, spat. Instead of sailing through the air and landing on Kiboko’s face, like the Eevee had expected, it abruptly splashed against something and proceeded to drip forlornly to the ground. The grass sizzled where the caustic syrup landed. Appalled, Rose peered at her opponent, and only then registered the energy shield Kiboko had hidden behind.

The Eevee backed away a few steps, humming angrily, until Kiboko’s concentration faltered and the Protect faded away. As soon as the barrier was gone, she sprinted several feet to gain momentum and leapt. The olive-green glow she was enveloped with writhed and flickered as she sailed through the air, and dissipated entirely for a split second when the Eevee slammed into her opponent. Kiboko grunted in pain. She wasn’t heavy – no, far from it – but sheer momentum and tiny, blunt claws ensured that he’d have a bruise on his back in the near future.

Lazy and idle as he was, Kiboko didn’t feel the need for retaliation. He was still obviously much healthier than his opponent, who had doubtless been worn down by her previous adversary. No harm in incapacitating her even more. With startling swiftness the hippo opened his mouth, growling in discomfort as some sand leapt down his throat, and a hot gust of air poured from his mouth. Despite the uncomfortable, dank draft, Rose felt a wave of lethargy wash over her, coupled with the urge to yawn along with Kiboko. Her eyelids drooped.

Rose shook herself – it definitely wasn’t time to take a nap – but her limbs ached and the temptation of sleep was overpowering. She had to squeeze in another attack though; the Eevee shuddered involuntarily when she imagined a displeased Dragon glowering at her. With a yell she broke into a drunken run, swerving this way and that as she struggled to coordinate her feet, eventually slamming into Kiboko with sizeable force, considering how much she was staggering. The sand hippo huffed as the breath was driven out of his lungs.

Rose very nearly collapsed when she pulled herself off of her opponent. By now her paws were tingling and shaky, almost unable to support her weight. Kiboko snorted – might as well speed up the process. He squeezed his eyes shut and rummaged around in the earth with an arcane power, searching for some large boulders to bury Rose under – all of a sudden, the referee jumped up from her sitting position like she had been shot. A faint blaring could be heard from a device stuck in her ear as she desperately dug around in her pockets, eventually drawing out what looked like a packet of dried squid. She threw it at Kiboko with incredible aim, striking him right between the eyes; startled, the Hippopotas made a raspy squealing noise and broke off his attack. Completely oblivious to her stroke of good luck, Rose hummed sleepily and crumpled into a heap of brown and cream fur. Just… a quick rest…

Dragon (XO)

Eevee
Rose (F) <Adaptability>
Health: 56%
Energy: 46%
Status: In a deep sleep. Badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next). Asleep (severe). -1 Speed.

Kratos Aurion (XO)

Hippopotas
Kiboko (M) <Sand Stream>
Health: 84%
Energy: 93%

Terrain notes
Nothing to note.

Final notes
Kratos Aurion attacks first next round.
Rose turned into a Bug-type, while Kiboko turned into a Water-type.
Rock Tomb is banned because it will rip holes in the arena and the government doesn’t want that.
…I wrote this reffing in two separate sittings, so I get the feeling I’ve missed something. Point it out if I actually did miss something.

Pfft, pansies not willing to pay for wheelbarrows to cart a few rocks back to their places. Whatever.

Curse twice (and you can snack on the squid while you're at it, I guess). Then Superpower if Rose is anything other than Flying-, Psychic-, Ghost-, Bug- or Poison-type, in which case Crunch. Easy.

Curse ~ Curse ~ Superpower/Crunch

Hmkay. I suppose Dragon's absence sheet post is still valid, but I'll still give a pseudo-DQ warning now. Dragon, you have 31 hours before the DQ time is officially up, but I'll give you an additional 3 days after that.

... ;-;

I was hoping to avoid this, but it's over the DQ time and Dragon hasn't posted, so...

Dragon has been DQ'd. I hereby announce the winner of the battle to be Kratos Aurion. He gets $16 and I get $10 for reffing.
Räsvelg and Rose both get 2 EXP, while Storm and Kiboko get one.

Last edited:
...shouldn't Kiboko get one exp? He did participate, even if it was only for one round.

Shame, I was looking forward to finishing this. Ah, well. Thanks, Blazhy, and good game while it lasted, Dragon.

Seems that I fail at issuing proper DQ times, so Dragon's DQ has been revoked, and she has until the 20th to post her commands.

(lol triple post)

I completely forgot about this battle until yesterday, when the forums were down. It won't be fair to DQ Dragon without a proper warning, though (and I don't want to DQ her at any rate), so she'll get another 24 hours.

... ;-;

I was hoping to avoid this, but it's over the DQ time and Dragon hasn't posted, so...

Dragon has been DQ'd. I hereby announce the winner of the battle to be Kratos Aurion. He gets $16 and I get $10 for reffing.
Räsvelg and Rose both get 2 EXP, while Storm and Kiboko get one.

This. :/

Back
Top Bottom