• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Interesting facts you know

Cracking your knuckles isn't actually bad for you, it's an urban myth to stop people doing it.
If there was a body of water big enough, Saturn could float in it.
The longest word in the world is the correct chemical word for titin, the biggest protein in your body. Find it here.

Cracking your knuckles isn't actually bad for you, it's an urban myth to stop people doing it.
If there was a body of water big enough, Saturn could float in it.
The longest word in the world is the correct chemical word for titin, the biggest protein in your body. Find it here.

Wow,I can not even say the first few silibles

1. Your fingernails grow four times as fast as your toenails.
2. Speaking of cracking knuckles, you can only do it once every five minutes or so.
3. Although it is said that cats like drinking milk, that is not entirely true. They may seem to love cow's milk, but it is bad for adult cats (I can't remember why) and goat's milk is good for them instead.
I might think of more later. ^^

On 19th of September, it's national speak like a pirate day :D

Baby fingernails grow while they're in the womb (heh, Juno)

According to the Law of Aviation, bee's can't fly. And by Law, that means nothing can break it, unlike theories. It's also the first Law that's ever been proven wrong.

And by Law, that means nothing can break it, unlike theories. It's also the first Law that's ever been proven wrong.

asfdhagfas LEARN WHAT THESE WORDS MEAN BEFORE THROWING THEM AROUND

a theory is not some unfounded wild speculation, contrary to what every second person seems to think. a theory is an explanation of an observed fact, and, hey, guess what? theories can include laws too! stunning, I know. and while we're at it, let's also mention that a) scientific laws can, of course, be broken in the event they are found to be wrong and b) theories are generally on the same level as laws when it comes to reliability.

According to the Law of Aviation, bee's can't fly. And by Law, that means nothing can break it, unlike theories. It's also the first Law that's ever been proven wrong.

The bees don't care, they fly anyway D:

Uhh if you're in the northern hemisphere the water goes clockwise down the drain, in the southern it goes anticlockwise and on the equator it goes straight down

I think

Hitler was a vegetarian with only one testicle.
A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
Cat urine glows under a blacklight.

Here are some interesting facts that I know.
Cats aren't always happy when they purr. They could be feeling any emotion.
While most cats will give a warning before they attack, deaf cats won't.
Before the gender is decided for a baby in the womb it has a female body, which is why men have nipples.

The longest word in the English language that's just one syllable is screeched.

The longest word that can be typed using only the top row of a QWERTY keyboard is typewriter.

Depending on the manufacturer, golf balls have a different ammount of dimples; generally between 300 and 450 dimples. A typical golfball has 336 dimples.

The most ammount of dimples on a golf ball was 1070, apparently.

Catnip can affect Lions and Tigers as well as the common housecat.

Here's one interesting thing I know: the OP sure doesn't know how to spell!

And on the topic of spelling and words, the German word for palindrome is a palindrome.

In West Virginia, it's legal to take roadkill home for food.
Uncopyrightable is one of the longest words in the English dictionary where no letter is repeating.

Coca-Cola was once considered anti-Semitic for refusing to do business in Isreal.

Matterhorn mountain at Disneyland has a basketball court.

3. Although it is said that cats like drinking milk, that is not entirely true. They may seem to love cow's milk, but it is bad for adult cats (I can't remember why) and goat's milk is good for them instead.
They're lactose-intolerant.

Homeschooling is supposedly illegal in Germany?

The longest word ever included in an English dictionary is Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

A hill in New Zealand, called Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu, is roughly translated as The summit where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, the climber of mountains, the land-swallower who travelled about, played his nose flute to his loved one.

People probably know this anyway, but it's the only moderately interesting thing that comes to mind: in 1958, Ford developed a design for the Ford Nucleon, which would be powered by a nuclear reactor in the rear of the vehicle (I wonder what this inspired).

I'd hate to see that thing involved in a crash. :|

People probably know this anyway, but it's the only moderately interesting thing that comes to mind: in 1958, Ford developed a design for the Ford Nucleon, which would be powered by a nuclear reactor in the rear of the vehicle (I wonder what this inspired).

I'd hate to see that thing involved in a crash. :|
Mushroom cloud, heh heh.

Everybody probably knows this, but I'll say it anyway. In the sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog", every word in the English alphabet appears at least once.

Back
Top Bottom