• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Maeror Astrorum

[OOC: It's alive! It's aliiiiiiiive!]

Mitch considered Ciara's point. "Well, first of all, they may want to know how to splice humans and pokemon simply because it gives them certain attributes. As you said, why would they do this when they already have the full-blown pokemon at their disposal? Because it would be easier to garuntee loyalty from someone like us. Not exactly like us, of course.

"Someone who felt completely alone and confused could be manipulated into thinking the Scientists were their friends, and were their only hope of peace. Or someone who voluntarily went through the procedures, having the promise of power as long as they followed a pre-established contract wherein they helped fuel the Scientists more personal motives." He thought about how they had begun as pokemon, now being humans. They had attained these bodies from somewhere, and the question was if they had been already some unfortunate young humans who felt death earlier than expected, or if someone had foolishly volunteered themselves, thinking they'd maintain their personality.

"I think that we were only prototypes- the first step in a grand scheme. It wouldn't surprise me if the next round is humans who have been turned part Pokemon, rather than the way we were turned to humans. They'll probably see who has less independence, who would be more loyal, which type has the most power, and which one was cheaper to create." Mitch couldn't see where this got him, but he figured it wouldn't matter.

"After that, they'd run a few more 'tests' with whoever was their most likely candidate, and after confirming their beliefs, they'd probably begin crafting, for lack of a better term, and army. It still doesn't make sense, though, seeing as they have so much world power as it is. Armies are created by underdogs, maintained by the ones in power. I doubt that we're just more recruits to add to some already-massive army of doppelgängers." Mitch let out his breath. He couldn't remember speaking this much since they had been planning their so-called escape attempt.

[I would actually make an attempt to not post every other single post but I'm kind of scared of this dying.]

"If someone else were to be transformed, would it benefit us to attempt to find them?" She stopped and turned, seeing a young Trainer looking at them all suspiciously. She shifted her voice into a soft and low whisper. "Why are we talking here, what with all these people here?"

(OOC: *frantically drives thread to hospital and hopes that she isn't too late to save it*)

"I dunno, Blazy. I think we should just stick together. We should find our other friends, of course. But anyone new? I don't know if we could trust them. I've trusted someone here already, and I'm starting to think that that might have been a bad idea." Ciara took off the impossibly black sunglasses once again and held them out in front of her. "These are weird. I wonder how I can even see."

She turned to look at Mitch, and then at Saito, hoping they might have an answer, but she stopped halfway between them, eyes widening in surprise and fear.

She could just see them through the small windows. Two groups of people, one distinctly smaller than the other, both looking extremely mad. The people in the smaller group were yelling at those in the larger group, some pointing at the Pokemon Center, others making wild gestures with their hands. The other group was much more calm, and they seemed as if they were trying to explain something to the mob. The people in the smaller group all seemed to be wearing identical uniforms. Uniforms that Ciara remembered very, very well.

As both groups started to head toward the Pokemon Center, Ciara turned to her friends and pointed at the people. She looked around frantically for an exit other than the one they came through, and spotted a door on the other side of the same wall. She ran over to it, beckoning wildly for her friends to follow.

"Come on, we have to get out of here!" she said, pushing down on the handle.

(Have some more OOC: Kekekekeh. Random idea. Now post. Please.)

[HI I'M HERE TO SAVE THE THREAD]

"Why would it have been a bad idea to trust someone? Even if it mildly affected you or us, we're all together now!" Blazaria stepped closer, analyzing the blackout glasses. "Yiu can see in those?" she asked.

She mimicked Ciara's motion of turning around. Hehe, Ciara Jr. minus the Umbreon.

"What's happening? Why are they--?" She started running for the door. Wait! Wait! Wa--Aaaouch!" She tripped and fell over her paw, banging her chin on the hard floor. Confusion, confusion, commotion, confusion... Tears began to develop in Blazaria's eyes as she started getting up. Fell down again. Her paw hurt. She pushed herself back up again, opting instead to cling to Mitch's arm as tightly as she could.

~Saito

Saito raised five of the Pokéballs, and returned all but Staiz, proceeding to follow Ciara, not entirely sertain why she wasn't leading.

"Let's see if we can get to Azalea Town, I have an idea, but I;m not certain on it until we get there." Saito said, taking the lead of the group, Staiz cling to the back of her head.

"Well, Blazaria, we're all talking about it in the open because every single person on earth is nothing but an idiot in the larger scale of things." Mitch hated to admit this, since his analysis was usually the only thing he was any good at, other than a few combat tactics, which unsurprisingly followed his analytical habits.

Ciara was the next to point out something he should have seen. People, outside, looking mroe than a little miffed about something; something that probably looked a lot like their little ragtag group of freaks (and Saito). He saw Blazaria fall, and held back for a moment, only running forward to her when she began to get up. He passed her at an opportune time for her to cling to his arm. This, of course, would not do. She added extra weight to the side of him that was too far from his body to allow him to move effectively, and she'd act as almost a counterweight if she kept clinging to his arm.

"Come 'ere!" He lifted the arm she was clinging to, and quickly swept his other arm under her, catching her by the legs. He was carrying her as he had been earlier, albeit with just a bit more speed. As long as she kept herself close to his body, there would be minimal negative affects to the situation. He very briefly saw the tears gathering in her eyes. He'd have wiped them away, and told himself that he had a selfish reason for doing it, if he could at the moment. "No tears. Save that for another day." It was the only thing he could think of to say to her. All things considered, it may have been the nicest thing he'd ever said.

Back
Top Bottom