• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open No Turning Back

Rain blushed when Methoia mentioned that Rain admired Rainbow. "I think Rainbow Dash makes everything cooler! I just want to be like her, and I want her to notice me....OOh, anyway, figured you'd want them for research considering you seem like a scientist. Doctor WHOOVES is the doctor around here. He can heal anyone.....I think..."

"I believe several others follow her as well. I guess I'm just the rare outsider, eh?" Methodia tried to be as friendly as she could. She hadn't been too socially involved though, it was a foreign sensation... conversing with someone. "Yeah, I'm a sort of scientist, you could say." Huh? What sort of word was 'yeah'? Such a stream of slang. Maybe, this pony was destinied for her to know. "Hm. Where does he live? or where is his office?" Her odd gesturing and tics stopped. She truly must be destinied to befriend this pony. "Personally, I admire Twilight. I could never achieve her level of efficiency! I've surpassed it!" She laughed at her own terrible joke.

Wait, laughing? Joy? Laughter? Laughter??

[these seem to be overly conversational posts, which is why I continue posting, Trooper; tell me/DA if it's wrong]

[I'll let it slide this time since they're short posts, just please be more careful in the future.]

William had assumed that Momo's wound was minor, only to be proven wrong when he heard her fall to the floor just as he had finished opening the hatch. A slight panic overtook him - he was no medical expert, but he knew loss of consciousness just after a blow to the head could be a sign of a concussion or worse. He turned to face the crew again.

"Somebody needs...damn, we don't have any doctors on this pod, do we?" A young man, the fourth and last crewmember of William's pod, who hadn't spoken until this point, shook his head. "Well, someone grab a first aid kit and at least stop her bleeding! I can hear them talking outside, sounds like they're arguing. One's barking threats, the other wants to, uh, study us. I'm going to talk to them now." With that, he turned back around, walking out of the pod slowly and deliberately.

The bang of metal on metal as the hatch locked into its open position, followed by William's frantic orders and his footsteps, had gotten the attention of almost all of the ponies. It was one thing to see them through a heavy window when he was surrounded by walls - it was another entirely to be out there, exposed, with what felt like all the eyes in the world on him. For a moment he could only stand there awkwardly, wringing his hands without realizing he was doing it. He took a deep breath and put his arms to his sides. His white astronaut's jumpsuit, which he wore so proudly even though regular clothes had been allowed on the station, gleamed in the sunlight.

"Greetings." He paused briefly, racking his brain trying to figure out what to say next. "We are...we are humans. That's what our species is called. I suppose I should begin by saying that we're sorry to have intruded on your airspace and landed on your planet uninvited. We...didn't really have a choice in the matter. But rest assured, we aren't looking for a fight."

It hadn't been the grand entrance he'd seen in so many classic sci-fi movies, but he hoped it'd do.

Last edited:
Rain chuckled at this pony for having a somewhat clever joke. Rain turned back to the pod, seeing this "hugh mon", as he called himself, making an introduction. When he was finished, she stared at him, studying him.

Finally, she spoke. "Alright. I can see your "friend" here could be severely hurt. I'll get Doctor Whooves to see if he can heal her. Once your friend is healed, I expect for you to leave. If you do anything to disrupt any living being in Ponyville, well, you don't want to know what we'll do. So, once your friend is healed, and once Methodia, ahem, "studies" you "hugh mons", you will have to leave." she said, sternly.

She looked in the crowd and saw Doctor Whooves, staring at the sight that was occuring. She flew up to him, and dragged him to the front. Dr. Whooves seemed awkwardly embarressed, but he still tried to help the fallen human, so he won't seem like a coward.

"The rest of you Hugh mons, besides the unconsious one who Dr. Whooves will bring to the ponyville hospital, will go with Methodia so she can study you. I'll come as well, to make sure nothing will happen." She said again, then tuned to Methodia, motioning for her to get these humans.

William wasn't sure how well the ponies' attempt to treat Momo would work, but since there were no qualified doctors in his pod, he would have to trust them. Now, it was time to deal with the young pegasus who seemed to be speaking for them.

"Thanks for helping our wounded. Unfortunately, though, leaving isn't an option for us. This ship..." - he turned to it and gestured with his arm - "is an escape pod for the space station we came from. It's in orbit around your planet now. We were never supposed to be here. We should've landed on our home planet. But some of us were doing a physics experiment on the station, and we don't know how, but we ended up here."

He paused, realizing this would be a bit awkward if neither of them knew each other's names. If Dr. Whooves and Methodia were any indication though, these creatures had some odd ones.

"But pardon me, I haven't introduced myself. My name is William Petrov." Then, he indicated Momo. "This girl is Momo Takekuro."

Rain only blinked. They couldn't leave? Well, that was terrible! Equestria neeeded them to leave, and Celestia knows the citizens aren't capable of 'space travel' as they called it. There was one thing she could do though...

Before mentioning this, she had to introduce herself. It wouln't be right if she didn't even give him her name! "Name's Rain Chaser. Now this 'Momo', as you call her, will be at the Ponyville Hospital. You all are to go to the Everfree forest"-she paused to point a hoof at the dense forest behind her-"and to wait until your friend is healed. You should meet up with Zecora on the way there"

Rain glanced nervously around and saw Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle walking towards the fiasco. Rain held her lungs so long she felt like her lungs were gonna explode! Rainbow Dash was coming forward to her! Rain's dream! Rain stood stiff as a board while the two ponies walked forward.

Rainbow Dash walked towards William. Rainbow glanced proudly at Rain. Rain felt like she was going to faint.

"Yeah, what the squirt said!" Rainbow Dash said, summarizing Rain's little speech.

Twilight walked up infront of Methodia. "Hi there Methodia, is it? I would be willing to come with you to study these specimens."

Rain felt happy for methodia that she was going to be with her role model. Now if only Rainbow could admire Rain then this would be much better...

The last thing William wanted was for the astronauts to get separated. What exactly was Rain's plan? He scanned the crowd for someone, anyone that looked like an authority figure, but none of the ponies immediately looked like one. Just like William, they all seemed to be making up their plan as they went along. He decided asking a question couldn't hurt.

"What do you intend to do with us after Momo is healed?"

Rain hesitated at the question. What would she even do with them? What would Rainbow Dash do? Rain didn't know what Rainbow would do in a situation like this, so she came up with the next best solution.

"Send you back of course." Rain smirked. "That is, as long as you don't mess with us in anyway, we'll return you home if you don't."

Back
Top Bottom