• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Voting USA 2012?

Bush *is* mad, and if we can get it into people's heads that he is, we should be able to grotesquely ignore anything he does and never vote for the cunt again.
Okay, I was pretty drunk when I posted last, but I'll say it again sober: questioning his intelligence or sanity is to completely miss the point. He acted perfectly rationally in his own self-interest and in the interest of his peers. We can legitimately criticise him for acting too much in his self-interest and not enough for the national/international good. What we can't do is to just write him off as mentally unfit. As pathos pointed out, that's pretty offensive to actual people with mental illness.

His whole 'bumbling' persona? Depending on who you ask, that's either an affectation or just poor public speaking skills.

Also, throwing around ad hominem attacks at right-wing figures serves only to discredit the left and makes the moderate right go on the defensive.

I'm not quite sure how this is relevant. .-. Are you talking about their point about Europeans talking about the US?

He quoted you and then ranted about Europeans applying their standards to the US. Maybe I misinterpreted what he was saying, but it seemed to me that he was accusing you of being a European and applying European standards to the US rather than being a US citizen who actually has liberal views, which was delegitimising your beliefs by arbitrarily writing them off as "European". I was just trying to point out that it's not all about European standards, there are actual people in America who follow ideologies that are as liberal as those in Europe. If I was wrong and mentioning personal details about you for no reason made you uncomfortable, I apologise, sincerely.

Okay, I was pretty drunk when I posted last, but I'll say it again sober: questioning his intelligence or sanity is to completely miss the point. He acted perfectly rationally in his own self-interest and in the interest of his peers. We can legitimately criticise him for acting too much in his self-interest and not enough for the national/international good. What we can't do is to just write him off as mentally unfit. As pathos pointed out, that's pretty offensive to actual people with mental illness.

His whole 'bumbling' persona? Depending on who you ask, that's either an affectation or just poor public speaking skills.

Also, throwing around ad hominem attacks at right-wing figures serves only to discredit the left and makes the moderate right go on the defensive.

I'm neither right nor left-wing.

Anyone who thinks the presidency is given by God probably should not be a president. In that sense, yes, he is insane.

I don't think Bush was "insane", I think he was a puppet for his daddy's adviors. The Republicans picked someone who could rally the bases and then control - the same thing they tried to do with Palin. Unhappiness with Clinton's scandle and the Green Party won his first victory then 9/11 and a weak Democratic candidate brought his second.

Back
Top Bottom