• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

One-Shot That Blue-Haired Japanese Girl Sure Plays A Mean Guitar Hero

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
I've always wanted to make a Lucky Star girls playing Guitar Hero fanfic, so I wrote this.

---

Disclaimer: I do not own Lucky Star or the Guitar Hero franchise. Also note that none of these are based off my own skill level. I can't even pass the sixth tier on Expert, let alone get El Jefe.

---

Kagami, Tsukasa, and Miyuki were at Konata's house one afternoon. Then, Konata said to the three other girls, "Hey, check this out!" She took out a plastic guitar, then placed a Guitar Hero 3 disc into her PS2. She turned on the PS2, then started up her Guitar Hero game. Soon, she got to her setlist. She had 5-starred all the songs needed for the El Jefe, which is received for 5-starring all songs on the main setlist on Expert, except for Before I Forget, Knights of Cydonia, and, of course, Raining Blood.

"I'm about to attempt to 5-star Before I Forget," she said. Kagami, Miyuki, and Tsukasa watched in anticipation. The notes scrolled by as she hit them, Soon, it was time for the dreaded Bridge. She had saved her Star Power and used it there. At the end of the song, the score screen popped up. Konata had 5-starred Before I Forget! There were now only two songs to 5-star: Knights of Cydonia and Raining Blood, leaving her just that one step closer to her desired El Jefe. What she didn't know was that someone else in the group that afternoon was even closer to her 5-star goal than she was.

Back at her house, Kagami walked over to her PS2 to turn it on. She then inserted a Guitar Hero 2 disc. She only needed to 5-star Hangar 18 to achieve her Log. The words, "Hangar 18, as made famous by Megadeth", popped up in the upper-left-hand corner of her TV screen. Some time later, the results screen popped up. 291,044! She had done it! Moments later, the screen popped up that said that she had unlocked the Log. She then rushed over to her computer and saw that Konata was on IM. She IM'd Konata to tell her that she had finally unlocked the Log. Konata told her that she had gotten Knights of Cydonia 5-starred as well. After an exchange of tips, she decided she was ready to 5-star Raining Blood.

Two months passed. She was now at 224,778, barely below the 5-star cutoff. She decided to attempt Raining Blood for the first time in two weeks. She placed her faux guitar over her neck. During Hard Rain, she went crazy on the strum bar as she hit the green gallops. Mosh 1 followed. She barely managed to hit the Star Power phrase, but struggled throughout the rest of the song. She activated Star Power, and got more points from Mosh 1. After a decent run throughout the song, she hit the Flood. As she tapped the trills, her score rose, and when the song ended, the stats screen popped up. She had scored 226,894 points. She was almost at her El Jefe! Three days later, Kagami gave her some tips to 5-star Raining Blood. "Don't miss the Star Power," she said. She added, "Always tap the trills in the Flood and try to go down-up-down on Hard Rain."

A week later, at Kagami's house, she tried again. She took in the tips Kagami gave her. She then proceeded to play Raining Blood again. When she was done, she took a quick peek at her score meter. 227,696! A 5-star! She and Kagami both had conquered their 5-stars, and they cheered and screamed and hugged! They both now had their 5-star guitars! Then, Miyuki said, "Uh, did you know that the guitar controller here is mine?" as she pointed at a guitar that Konata thought was Tsukasa's.

Konata replied, "Oh, you play Guitar Hero 2 like Kagami?"

"Yeah, and GH3, too," answered Miyuki. Then she said, "I'd like to try this on your PS2, Kagami."

"Okay," replied Kagami.

She told them that she'd play two songs on Guitar Hero 2, two on GH3, and one GH2 custom. Here's how she got on.

Institutionalized
100%
1133 Note Streak

Jordan
98%
672 Note Streak

The Number of the Beast
100%
1515 Note Streak

Through the Fire and Flames
98%
1103 Note Streak

Soothsayer (GH3 DLC replica as a custom)
100%
2236 Note Streak

Konata and Kagami almost collapsed in shock.

"So, am I any good?" Miyuki asked them.

---

So, yeah, if you have anyhting to say about this, just post it. By the way, let's see who gets the title reference.

Last edited:
Title is a reference to the Who, their rock opera Tommy, and specifically the song pinball wizard.

"That deaf dumb and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball~"

What do I win?

Also, I'll read it later; I came in because I'm a sucker for 60s band references. :P

Back
Top Bottom