• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Critter Cryptics~

Shiny Grimer

Pronoun
she/her, they/them
www.crittercryptics.com

Yes, it's back! After the great crash of 2007, I finally brought it back. I expanded it to include EarthBound content and be in spanish (espaÑol on the index for some reason). It's the only bilingual Pokemon/Paper Mario/EathBound site on the internet.

If people told me how the site looks in other resolutions and browsers, that would be great. It looks fine in the most recent Opera, Firefox 3, and Internet explorer 7 in my big resolution, but I'm worried about how craptacular it may look in Internet explorer 6 (why do people still use that?), Safari, and other things. My code is CSS valid but not XHTML valid (working on that).

I haven't made link buttons yet because I don't like the ones I have so far, but they should be up soon.

Then there's just general complaints and thoughts about things. If you like something, tell me. If you don't, tell me. If you find a typo or something grammatically wrong (especially in the spanish version), please say so. Yes, I need the splash page because GoDaddy needs an index.htm and I couldn't think of anything better to put on it other than a short version of the latest news. There's no news as of yet, but eh, you'll see the use of it later.

:D

Can't see much wrong with it layout-wise except it seems a bit blank. Also I'm using Firefox 3 and your affiliates bar seems to be merging into your newspost. My resolution is 1152 by 864.
So I'd make it a little smaller, perhaps?

Alright, I think I've fixed it. It was a problem with the resolution I think. If there was anything else you'd like to say, like about the content or something else, please say so. :]

You can skip the necessity for an index.htm with a .htaccess file. Create one, then add this line (assuming your host isn't retarded):

Code:
DirectoryIndex index.cgi

or whatever other extension/filename you want (sometimes it happens that index.htm is specified at a higher level, so you'll have to delete the existing index.htm file).

I love this site because I love Paper Mario and Pokemon and Earthbound.

I'm Paper Mario according to the quiz... Hey waitaminute.

Ionno, but the Togepi layout seems messed up badly. The hover links thing is kinda annoying. Also, maybe you should make the rightmenu float to the right, so the text is redirected around it instead of through it.

The Togepi layout is supposed to do the hover link thing, and if you don't like it, you can switch to the other style. I made that because some people don't like 3-column layouts for whatever reason and because I couldn't get a functional horizontal link thing going on.

Also, what do you mean by 'text is redirected around it instead of going through it'? The content at the moment, should be seperate from it. The text on the menu shouldn't be touching it (and if it is, it should be going over the affiliate menu). If you are talking about the content, I still don't know what you mean. Could you please provide a screenshot?

I fixed the style (or at least it should be fixed - it was using ems instead of percentages). However, FTP hates me and sticks to the old version of the style. I'll restart the computer, and see if it works then.

Also, is the problem only on Shadow Style? It's not in Giygas or Togepi style?

EDIT: Alright, it should be fixed now; the thing was successfully changed. If not, then I'll have to go to another computer with Firefox to see what the problem is.

Last edited:
Now the affiliates in Shadow Queen Style are appearing below the content. :/

OK, I'm pretty sure I've fixed that now since it works in the smallest resolution in Internet Explorer 7 and Opera, and in the largest resolution with Firefox (the other computer has Firefox but I can't change the resolution for some stupid reason).

If anyone finds anymore problems, please tell me.

The white blocks are there on purpose. I plan to make it look prettier in the future, but since it's functional right now, I'm not going to rush myself. I'm glad you like the content. :)

I'm really glad that the site is back. I got sad when I crashed last year. I like the Shadow Queen style because it's purple, one of my favorite colors. It is a little plain. I guess you'll spruce it up in the future though.

I'm not fluent in Spanish as I'm still learning it but it's nice to see that there is a Spanish side.

On your Nintendo Accessories page, the disclaimer is inside the tag with the rest of the content, not outside like on the other pages.

I'll comment or more things I see later.

Hmm, pretty good site. :3
I think it could use a bit more stuff, but it's got some interesting things up, and the bilingual aspect of it is very cool.

Whoa, bump. O.o

Well, thanks for telling me that you like my site. :] I'n glad the spanish part of the sit isn't just there for being there. What was it that you thought was lacking? Was there anything in particular that bothered you?

Back
Top Bottom