• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Grass King vs. Zekrom_B0lt

nastypass

that bitch what arranges the blocks
Pronoun
they/her/hers
[size=+2]Grass King vs Zekrom_B0lt[/size]

Time for my first metronome battle of the revived ASB.

Format: 3v3 Single
Style: Rotation
DQ: 1 Week
Banned Moves: Everything except Metronome!
Damage Cap: None
Arena: Cinnabar Eastern Shoreline
The sea to the right, the volcano to the left. The terrain is rocky with the odd hardy plant growing out of a crack in the stone floor. To the southwest, the notable buildings of Cinnabar (including the gym and the lab) can be seen from the battle spot, and to the northwest is the islands most popular beach. Let's hope there are no stray Draco Meteors or anything... As for the volcano, any ground shaking move (ie Earthquake or Magnitude etc) has a 20% of triggering an eruption from the volcano (wouldn't that be terrible?). Of course if there is an eruption (not including the move) the RNG Gods will protect us from the deadly lava while we finish our battle. Finally once a trainer has had 2 Pokémon KO'ed, there is then a 5% chance at the start of each round for Missingno. to appear and glitch out the local area, turning everything to grey-scale and only allowing Gen 1 moves to be called for the rest of the round. (Missingno. cannot appear for 2 rounds after it has appeared.)
Profile: Why have a simple battle?

Other: At the start of the battle the trainers must send out all three of their Pokémon, and state in which order they will rotate through (ie 1 > 2 > 3 > 1). It does not take an action to rotate between Pokémon. No Pokémon can be on the field for more than 2 rounds without rotating out.

Grass King's active squad

poliwhirl Tadpole the female Poliwhirl <Water Absorb> @ King's Rock
haunter Ectoplasm the male Haunter <Levitate> @ Black Sludge
togepi Aglaia the female Togepi <Serene Grace> @ Shiny Stone
meditite Lotus the male Meditite <Pure Power> @ Magmarizer
geodude Igneous the male Geodude <Rock Head> @ Lucky Egg
trapinch Sandy the female Trapinch <Hyper Cutter> @ Metal Coat
deino Hydra the male Deino <Hustle> @ Wide Lens
snivy Roi Herbe the male Snivy <Contrary> @ Metronome
sneasel Tournament Defeat the male Sneasel <Keen Eye> @ Razor Claw
kecleon Espionage the female Kecleon <Color Change> @ Leftovers

Zekrom_B0lt's active squad

fletchling Twitchwing the female Fletchling <Gale Wings> @ Sharp Beak
chinchou Dēng Lóng Yú the male Chinchou <Illuminate>
froakie Froakie the male Froakie <Protean> @ Amulet Coin
geodude Geodude the male Geodude <Rock Head>
pichu T-Bolt the male Pichu <Static>

clerical note: since Zekrom_B0lt does not in fact have more than one Pokémon that learns Metronome, I'm going to assume everything magically knows the move for the purposes of this battle. Therefore,

Grass King sends out,
Zekrom_B0lt sends out,
The good people of Cinnabar Island bow their heads in prayer,
A reffing shall occur.

Thanks for picking this up Meursault!

Zekrom_B0lt does have three Pokemon that can learn Metronome, it's juts that two of them are in the PC. I'd prefer it if we could have it with only true metronome users.

Either way, I'll be sending out Aglaia, Igneous and Tadpole.

I'll have Aglaia battle first, and my rotation order will be Aglaia -> Igneous -> Tadpole -> Aglaia etc.

... oh. Well, I dunno why they didn't have them in their active squad then, but hey, y'all don't get any exp for this anyway. I'll let them use those two.

i guess i'll begin with Geodude

( i was going to send out abra, geodude, togepi & rotate & use my abra first like the following example --> 1. abra -> 2. geodude -> 3. togepi )

let me know whats possible ( will i have just geodude the entire battle ? )

Last edited:
i guess i'll begin with Geodude

( i was going to send out abra, geodude, togepi & rotate & use my abra first like the following example --> 1. abra -> 2. geodude -> 3. togepi )

let me know whats possible ( will i have just geodude the entire battle ? )

I'll let them use those two.

I'll ref it as Abra -> Geodude -> Togepi, unless some staff person overrules me. Let me know which actions you're going to rotate, if any.

Aglaia, it's time to finally gain your title as a metronome battle victor! Start off with Frenzy Plant (channel your inner nature goddess). Then use Attack Order, and finish off with a Surf! (Make it big so that it hits that populated beach as well... Mwahaha!)

Metronome ~ Metronome ~ Metronome

Abra Tap into your Psychic power to hone your Telekinesis and control the Togepi from moving and have a Light screen save those on the beach from the surf

Metronome ~ Metronome ~ Metronome

It was a beautiful, sunny day on the beaches of Cinnabar Island. This would ordinarily also mean a noisy, crowded day for the popular tourist attraction, yet it was near completely abandoned. Its lifeguard chairs stood empty, and its beachfront homes were boarded shut, for not a soul dared venture outside today. Scarcely 100 meters upshore, among the rocks and tide pools, Pokémon trainers had gathered. This was a terrible enough event in itself, but to make matters even worse, the battlers were overheard loudly discussing the terms of their challenge in the Pokémon center last night. The word Metronome was mentioned, firing off alarms in secret police bunkers across the island. It was the lead story in the morning news, yet despite public outrage the local and regional authorities could do nothing to prevent the destruction that was sure to ensue. The Asber League's influence ran far and deep.

Its trainers, however, were blissfully unaware of this. They each took their places for the battle and, after some clarification with the referee atop her observation platform (a wide promontory located a safe 10 meters off shore), released their Pokémon. On Grass King's side of the beach, Aglaia the Togepi, Tadpole the Poliwhirl, and Igneous the Geodude materialised in a rough triangle, with Aglaia standing proudly against her opponents. On Zekrom_B0lt's end, an unnamed group of Pokémon came out, also with a Togepi and Geodude, but with an Abra drowsily taking the front. The ref's whistle echoed faintly off the water, signaling the parties to begin!

Grass King [OOO]
Aglaia (F) <Serene Grace> @Shiny Stone
togepi
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

geodude Igneous (M) <Rock Head> @Lucky Egg

poliwhirl Tadpole (F) <Water Absorb> @King's Rock

Zekrom_B0lt [OOO]
Abra (M) <Inner Focus>
Abra

Geodude Geodude (M) <Rock Head>

togepi Togepi (M) <Serene Grace>

-BEGIN ROUND 1-

In spite of his apparent drowsiness, Abra was the first to move. He raised one arm, and with a wiggle of his glowing finger, the very island held its breath. It and its populace were relieved when the apocalypse did not immediately ensue. Instead, Abra's tail simply fell off with a metallic thud that he might not have noticed if not for Aglaia's look of shock (h-his tail fell off! hardcore!). Aglaia was not deterred by her opponent's apparent inability to feel pain, however. Stonefaced, she shook her stubby arms back and forth. They took on the glow of the Random Number Gods, and began to do their bidding, and they bade them to clap, clap incessantly. The Random Number Gods demanded further Metronomage in their un-names.

And further Metronomage they did receive, though not from Abra. He stepped back swiftly, and Geodude floated forth to replace him on the front. Aglaia acted first however, transitioning her hands from Clapping Formation to Waggle Mode with the same battle-hardened expression as before. Brownian, the god of Chaotic Motion, was particularly pleased with her display, and assisted by conjuring a cloud of dust. And more dust. And more dust. And more dust. The fine powder blew to every corner of the beach, filling every small nook and cranny among the rocks. A fine layer built up on Geodude, who coughed and sputtered in an effort to remove the powder from his face before submitting his own offering to the Most Unpredictable. With a twitch, his foe began to glow a faint green. The green aura removed itself from Aglaia in short order, coalescing into an orb of pure life force which floated over and broke on Geodude with a quiet splash. As the energy soaked into his stone hide, Brownian summoned a wind to blow his powder elsewhere, determined to find a use for it for somebody.

Once more, Zekrom_B0lt ordered their squad shuffled around. Geodude backed away from his foe, and Togepi bounced forward to take his place. Aglaia took no amusement in the mirror match that ensued. She dutifully continued her waggling, pointedly ignoring her opponent's attempts at being a Doppelgänger. Myrreth, the god of mirth and schadenfreude, did not take kindly to her stick-in-the-mud attitude, and doled out his punishment: a small bolt of static zapped from Togepi's hands to Aglaia. Meanwhile, Aglaia found herself needing to swallow, and swallow continuously. She swallowed what little spit was already in her mouth, and then gasped as her throat continued to spasm, forcing her to swallow the salty sea air. When she finally regained control of herself, she could have sworn she heard a cackle in the distance - or perhaps it was simply the wind...

-END ROUND 1-

Grass King [OOO]
togepi
Health: 94%
Energy: 93%
Performed: Encore ~ Powder ~ Swallow (failed)

Zekrom_B0lt [OOO]
Togepi (M) <Serene Grace>
togepi
Energy: 98%
Performed: x ~ x ~ Thunder Shock

Abra Abra (M) <Inner Focus>
Status: At the ready. No tail. +2 Speed. Metronome encored (3 more turns)
Performed: Autotomize ~ x ~ x

Energy: 99%
Performed: x ~ Absorb ~ x

Numbers:
Aglaia- HP: 100 - 2 (Absorb) - 4 (Thunder Shock) = 94, PP: 100 - 4 (Encore) - 3 (Powder) = 93.
Abra- PP: 100 - 2 (Autotomize) = 98.
Geodude- PP: 100 - 1 (Absorb) = 99.
Togepi- PP: 100 - 2 (Thunder Shock) = 98.

Notes:
-A highly flammable powder is still stuffed between some scattered rocks in small quantities.
-Nobody was very explicit in their rotation commands, so I attempted to context my way through it. Grass King kind of obviously intended Aglaia to stay in the whole time, but I have no idea what Zekrom_B0lt really intended here. They said they were going to rotate Abra -> Geodude -> Togepi, but also talked as if Abra was the only one doing anything. ?_? If I need to correct that I will, but please explicitly state who you're rotating to and on what action (or that you aren't rotating) in future rounds.
-The people of Cinnabar are attempting to seal the cracks of their doors and windows with plastic sheeting as a massive cloud of combustible dust blows through the city.
-Zekrom_B0lt commands next.

Aglaia! Have you not been keeping up your sacrifice's to the great gods of RNG? I suppose you did cover the island in highly flammable powder, which should be good fun when the flames start to fall from the sky!

Okay Igneous you're up. Let's try and kick this round off with an Attack Order for a plague of locusts. (Let's see how many of Egypt's plagues we can recreate here.) Next go for a Shadow Force!

Then we'll swap it up and bring in Tadpole. Tadpole, let's see if you have better luck with using a Surf (though I'd prefer a Tsunami I think).

Metronome (Igneous) ~ Metronome (Igneous) ~ Metronome (Tadpole)

Grass King [OOO]
togepi

Zekrom_B0lt [OOO]
togepi

Abra Abra (M) <Inner Focus>
Status: At the ready. No tail. +2 Speed. Metronome encored (3 more turns)

-BEGIN ROUND 2-

Sensing his teammate's plight, Igneous floated to the front and placed a rocky hand on her shoulder. Aglaia was relieved, and bounced back to her other teammate desperate to try and burp out the air she swallowed as discretely as possible. Igneous looked up at his opponent, who waddled back to his own side of the field in a mockery of Aglaia. This would not stand! Yet there was nothing to be done for now. Abra stepped forward as his opponent. The Unpained One raised a finger, and with a twitch scattered tens of caltrops across the beach, transluscent purple slime oozing from their tips. Igneous responded in kind, and found himself crying. The tears flowed by the bucket down his stone face, which he contorted into the most pathetic sight he could muster. Abra, in his heart, knew it was a trick, but his sympathy was nearly instinctive. Look at that face, how could anyone not feel some desire to just run up and give that rock a hug?

But orders were orders, after all, particularly ones that were applauded by the gods themselves. Abra wagged his finger once more, and as it glowed green, so too did the little moss there was in the area. The moss grew, plumping up to the size of sheep, then cattle, then sprouting whole trees and wild roots. All along the beach, grasses sprouted from the sand to improbable heights. Gnarled roots sprung forth from the ground, slamming into Igneous while the grasses bent to strangle him. He thrashed a bit, grass-type energy cutting into his arms as he broke the plants' frenzied bonds. Once he was free and they were inanimate again, he waggled his finger. His fists began to glow pink. He rushed forward to make use of the influx of fairy energy, smiling as he slammed directly into Abra's chest. Abra could only look up in shock as Igneous pummeled him into the sand with such an enthusiastically happy face. Talk about emotional whiplash.

Tadpole dashed forward to relieve her comrade, who gave her a proud clap on the shoulder before floating off to his other teammate. Abra hardly registered the change. It was all he could to to climb to his feet, he was so drained. Roughhousing was one thing, but he had a splitting headache to nurse after his last attack. Tadpole had no sympathy for him. He had a duty to the Random Number Gods! This was far too important to let a petty headache get in the way. She raised a gloved finger, and waggled it scoldingly. Suddenly her right foot took a mind of its own, and rushed ahead, dragging its owner along behind. Tadpole's foot swerved, and knocked into Abra's ankles from the side, knocking everyone involved down in the sand. Abra got up first, backing away from the wildly swinging foot. Tadpole didn't regain control for a while, but when she finally did, her leg fell straight down onto a caltrop beside her. She sat up to yank it out immediately, but she already started to feel a bit sick from its poison coating.

-END ROUND 2-

Grass King [OOO]
Tadpole (F) <Water Absorb> @King's Rock
poliwhirl
Health: 98%
Status: Suspicious of her leg. Mildly poisoned (-2% HP per round).
Performed: x ~ x ~ Low Kick

togepi Aglaia (F) <Serene Grace> @Shiny Stone
Performed: x ~ x ~ x

Health: 70%
Performed: Fake Tears ~ Play Rough ~ x

Zekrom_B0lt [OOO]
Abra (M) <Inner Focus>
abra
Health: 89%
Energy: 86%
Status: Suspicious of Tadpole's leg. Speed +2, Special Defense -2. Missing a tail.
Performed: Toxic Spikes ~ Frenzy Plant ~ recharge

Numbers:
Igneous: HP, 100 - 30 (Frenzy Plant) = 70; PP, 100 - 2 (Fake Tears) - 5 (Play Rough) = 93.
Tadpole: HP, 100 - 2 (poison) = 98; PP, 100 - 2 (Low Kick) = 98.
Abra: HP, 100 - 9 (Play Rough) - 2 (Low Kick) = 89; PP, 98 - 3 (Toxic Spikes) - 9 (Frenzy Plant) = 86.

Notes:
-Some flammable powder is stuffed in the cracks between rocks.
-Tall grasses have risen out of the sand. A few trees have grown off the rocks, their roots sticking up out of the beach in places.
-Toxic Spikes are scattered around the beach. Tadpole stepped on one on the third action.
-Grass King commands first.

Tadpole, you're getting a round to shine.

A Sacred Fire to start off, then an Origin Pulse and finish off with a Dark Void!

Metronome (Tadpole) ~ Metronome (Tadpole) ~ Metronome (Tadpole)

Igneous - Never. Cry. Again. We are warriors of destruction!

Grass King [OOO]
poliwhirl
Health: 98%
Status: Suspicious of her leg. Mildly poisoned (-2% HP per round).
Performed: x ~ x ~ Low Kick

Performed: Fake Tears ~ Play Rough ~ x

Zekrom_B0lt [OOO]
Abra (M) <Inner Focus>
abra
Status: Suspicious of Tadpole's leg. Speed +2, Special Defense -2. Missing a tail.
Performed: Toxic Spikes ~ Frenzy Plant ~ recharge

-BEGIN ROUND 3-

Tadpole hopped back to her feet, bent on ignoring the venom she'd been exposed to in her leg. She shot a glowering look at the Togepi bouncing up to meet her. She raised an open hand, indicating him to stop whatever peppy shenanigans he was about to do, and then closed it into a fist save one finger, which she wagged. Instantly, her fists began burning with dark energy, and she began pounding his face in. Her attempts to mug Togepi brought about frustratingly little, as he'd come empty-handed and with an unbreakable smile. Tadpole eventually threw him down onto his eggy behind, where he would toss his arms back and forth rhythmically. It was then that Tadpole would have sworn that she heard a whisper come across the ocean. She whipped around, but saw no-one except for the ref napping on her distant rock. Certainly there was no one around who could have told her 'try that again and you're gonna get rekt.' She shrugged it off, and pumped her arms once more.

When she finished, she looked down at him with an overwhelming desire to make up for what she'd just done. Look at his adorable little face! She just had to smooch it! How could she have just thrown him down so callously? Hardly even thinking about it, Tadpole lifted Togepi back up into her arms and gave him a big ol' kiss on the cheek. The sudden change in approach took a moment for him to register. His face went completely blank. He looked up at Tadpole, then out at the referee, then back at Tadpole, jaw slacked all the while. Tadpole, once she realised what she had just done, set him back down and backed cautiously away. After a second's hesitation, Togepi waggled his arms, and exploded. Well, okay, he didn't explode, the air around him did. A giant fireball erupted in the space immediately surrounding Togepi, engulfing everything on the beach except, miraculously, the trainers and the benched Pokémon. The flames didn't bother the water-typed Tadpole as they might have bothered others, but the heat stung nonetheless. It certainly bothered the new greenery, though. The ref on her rock took a moment to ponder terms like "scorchery" and "charcoalery."

Togepi plopped straight down once the blast cleared, clearly in need of a recharge after releasing so much energy at once. He shut his eyes, lacking even the emotional energy needed to take in his devastated surroundings- and legends what a headache he had after that kiss. What he would have seen would not have helped with that. Charging out of the burning shrubbery was Tadpole, limbs flailing wildly out of her control yet somehow advancing her steadily toward her foe. The view from where Togepi was sitting certainly cinematic, and gone completely to waste until he was snapped back to the present by Tadpole's battle screams. She loomed over him only for a split second when he opened his eyes, and then descended shrieking and flailing and framed by the fire's glow behind her.

-END ROUND 3-

Grass King [OOO]
poliwhirl
Health: 86%
Energy: 85%
Status: Limbs are going wild and she's going along for the ride. Thrash (2 more actions). Mildly poisoned (-2% HP per round).
Performed: Thief ~ Sweet Kiss ~ Thrash

Zekrom_B0lt [OOO]
togepi
Health: 84%
Energy: 84%
Status: Wondering what Five Nights At Freddy's fanfic he woke up to. Confused (severe, 50% chance of hurting self.)
Performed: Grudge ~ Blast Burn ~ recharge

abra Abra (M) <Inner Focus>
Status: Suspicious of all Tadpole's limbs now. Speed +2, Special Defense -2. Missing a tail.
Performed: x~ x ~ x

Numbers:
Tadpole: Health, 98 - 10 (Blast Burn) - 2 (poison) = 86; Energy, 98 - 3 (Thief) - 3 (Sweet Kiss) - 7 (Thrash) = 85.
Togepi: Health, 100 - 4 (Thief) - 12 (Thrash) = 84; Energy, 98 - 5 (Grudge) - 9 (Blast Burn) = 84.

Notes:
-There is fire everywhere. The plantlife was ignited by Blast Burn, so that'll burn down in a couple actions, and the Powder remains have the beach itself on fire too. Who knows, maybe it'll spread into the town if someone can get a strong wind going...?
-Tadpole is locked into Thrash for two more turns. Thrashing and Outraging Pokémon cannot rotate in-game iirc. However, due to the two-rounds rule in the challenge, Tadpole has to rotate out on the third action.
-Toxic Spikes are scattered about the beach.
-Zekrom_B0lt commands first.

Tadpole, Thrash on and then Aglaia can come out and end the round in a storm of lava falling from the sky!

Thrash (Tadpole) ~ Trash (Tadpole) ~ Metronome (Aglaia)

Back
Top Bottom