• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[15] Grass King vs pathos (ref: The Omskivar)

temporarily leaving reftirement to bring u your reffings

Round Four

Grass King
Kecleon
Espionage ♀ (Logo Cap)
Ability: Color Change
Health: 39%
Energy: 87%
Chills Left: 3/5
Status: Statuing hardcore. Dark-type. Encored into Chill (2 more actions).

pathos
Alakazam
slytherclaw ♂ (Fedora)
Ability: Synchronize, Sand Rush
Health: 41%
Energy: 51%
Chills Left: 5/5
Status: Totally blinked a couple times already. Fighting-type. +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack.

------------------------------​

slytherclaw stares across at his opponent, refusing to blink.

Espionage stares across at her opponent, refusing to blink.

Quick as a wink that is totally not happening, on his face at least, slytherclaw draws back a fist and then sends a spoon hurtling forward with a burst of will to punch Espionage in the FACE.

Espionage blinks. Oh, god damn it all. She would've gotten away with her clever ruse to take a short breather, too, if it wasn't for that meddling Alakazam and his dumb moustache! Now her perfect mindset of zen and pure calm has been one hundred percent ruined. Well... perhaps she would say more like fifty percent ruined... fifty-five and a half... as she ponders this, pale green tendrils of energy peel of her body back into slytherclaw's fine moustache, and Espionage's body, minus the jagged red stripe, lightens to a rusty orange-brown.

A few hours later...

slytherclaw stares across at his opponent, refusing to blink.

Espionage glares across at her opponent in disgust. That dirty, filthy, cheating cheater! Maybe she'll just refuse to play his game! Hmph. But alas, her pride won't allow her to give in, and all she can do is lean against that wall in what she hopes is a totally badass stance, arms folded across her chest, as the Alakazam's other spoon proceeds to punch her in the FACE. To her credit, this time she doesn't blink. She still feels distinctly un-zen, but this time she'd wager her mood is only about fifty-five and three-quarters percent ruined. As yet more energy is leeched away from her, her scales remain stubbornly orange-brown, and it's a struggle to access the reserve of dark energy inside of her that at last lets her streak forward at astonishing speed to punch slytherclaw in the FACE. She punches him right in that dumb moustache. slytherclaw blinks down at her, mostly unfazed, and Espionage realizes too late that moustaches probably do not feel pain. The Alakazam crosses his two spoons in an X in front of him, unleashing a blast of light that sends Espionage spinning backward helplessly into the wall. As residual electric energy crackles around slytherclaw's spoons and the Alakazam's moustache twitches in satisfaction, only the thought of the ruined staring contest is enough for Espionage to force herself to her feet again.

Grass King
Kecleon
Espionage ♀ (Logo Cap)
Health: 8%
Energy: 95%
Chills Left: 1/5
Status: Exhausted, but at least she won the staring contest... by default. Electric-type.
Used: Chill ~ Chill ~ Sucker Punch

pathos
Alakazam
slytherclaw ♂ (Fedora)
Health: 48%
Energy: 39%
Status: Moustache quivering with a sense of impending victory. Fighting-type. +1 Attack, +2 Special Attack.
Used: Drain Punch ~ Drain Punch ~ Charge Beam

Arena Status
  • Nothing of note.

Damage and Energy

• Espionage's Health: 39% - 15% (Drain Punch) - 10% (Drain Punch) - 6% (Charge Beam) = 8%
  • Espionage's Energy: 87% + 6% (Chill) + 8% (Chill) - 5% (Sucker Punch) = 95%
  • slytherclaw's Health: 41% + 7% (Drain Punch) + 5% (Drain Punch) - 5% (Sucker Punch) = 48%
  • slytherclaw's Energy: 51% - 4% (Drain Punch) - 4% (Drain Punch) - 4% (Charge Beam) = 39%

Notes
  • Speed order: slytherclaw (120) > Espionage (40).
  • The two Drain Punches interrupted Espionage's Chills a bit since they were doing a significant and then moderate amount of damage.
  • Charge Beam raised slytherclaw's Special Attack.
  • Grass King commands first. Hats change after the next round.

Last edited:
I'm giving Grass King some extra time since I didn't actually VM him about the DQ warning until this morning. I'll try to wrap this up tomorrow morning, but if I haven't updated by 8 AM (GMT-4) he'll have until I get home from work around 12 hours later. Apologies for dragging this out.

Espi, start off with a Rest, then double Snore! If your awake for any reason, then use Aerial Ace.

Rest ~ Snore / Aerial Ace ~ Snore / Aerial Ace

Round Five

Grass King
Kecleon
Espionage ♀ (Logo Cap)
Health: 8%
Status: Exhausted, but at least she won the staring contest... by default. Electric-type.

pathos
Alakazam
slytherclaw ♂ (Fedora)
Health: 48%
Energy: 39%
Status: Moustache quivering with a sense of impending victory. Fighting-type. +1 Attack, +2 Special Attack.

Espionage is so ready to drop everything and take a nice, long nap. That staring contest really took a lot out of her. But before she can even blink (because she's allowed to do that now), slytherclaw hurls his right spoon forward at the speed of SPEED, and the innocent, Fighting energy-infused eating implement bonks Espionage on the head. Ah yes, good... nap time...

Grass King
Kecleon
Espionage ♀ (Logo Cap)
Health: 0%
Used: nothing

pathos
Alakazam
slytherclaw ♂ (Fedora)
Health: 53%
Energy: 35%
Used: Drain Punch

Arena Status
  • Nothing of note.

Damage and Energy

• Espionage's Health: 8% - 10% (Drain Punch) = 0%
  • Espionage's Energy: 95%
  • slytherclaw's Health: 48% + 5% (Drain Punch) = 53%
  • slytherclaw's Energy: 39% - 4% (Drain Punch) = 35%

Notes
  • Drain Punch knocked Espionage right out before she could manage a single move.
  • Annnd there we go. pathos is the winner and gets $20 and a Rare Candy, as well as advancing on to the next round. Grass King gets $10 for a battle valiantly fought, and The Omskivar, MF and I get $6 each. slytherclaw gets 2 exp and happiness, and Espionage gets 1 exp and happiness.
  • I feel like I should say more but you know, writing a reffing in the morning when I'm already late for work, great idea right?

Back
Top Bottom