• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pointless

I and opal, but also I'm pretty sure Dannichu, are impossibly into this show. I haven't watched much for a while, but every time it's just as fun.

the most fun always ends up being a) word rounds, b) deciding which team is the most endearing and important to root for. but even if you root for the best team, a pair of sports fans inevitably get to the final. :C

Oh, man, Pointless. Third best quiz show. (After University Challenge and Only Connect, naturally.)

Though yes. It is once in a blue moon that people pick the topic I want them to pick in the final. I think my favourite format is "here is a fact about a person, who are they". That or geography rounds which are ridiculously easy because for some reason people still haven't worked out that all they have to do is remember the Pacific island states.

I've actually been to a recording of Pointless! :O (That was a boring episode though. There wasn't a pointless answer D:)

the most fun always ends up being a) word rounds, b) deciding which team is the most endearing and important to root for.

Personally, I enjoy the head-to-head round to qualify for the bonus round the most.
but even if you root for the best team, a pair of sports fans inevitably get to the final. :C

Just curious - how is this necessarily a bad thing?

Oh, man, Pointless. Third best quiz show. (After University Challenge and Only Connect, naturally.

When it comes to other quiz shows, I'm more of a Jeopardy fan myself, actually.

I don't have a TV so I can't watch it, but I do whenever I'm home from uni.
Every once in a while my parents skype me and tell me if one of the questions was about Star Trek or something, to see if I'd know one of the pointless answers.

Also, one of my algebra lecturers looks like Alexander Armstrong.

Just curious - how is this necessarily a bad thing?

I mean, then they'll inevitably pick the sports option for the final question! and I Do Not Care about Sports

I don't have a TV so I can't watch it, but I do whenever I'm home from uni.

iplayer! :o though the reason I don't watch it much anymore is because it's boring if it's not either on TV or with someone else.

When it comes to other quiz shows, I'm more of a Jeopardy fan myself, actually.

My criterion for a good quiz show is how many questions they get in per episode. Basically anything that involves a cash prize fails in that regard. University Challenge is non-stop rapid-fire questions for half an hour; Only Connect is slower paced, but the questions take longer to figure out.

Pointless kind of fails horribly under that criterion, but the interesting format and wonderful chemistry between Alexander and Richard makes up for it.

I mean, then they'll inevitably pick the sports option for the final question! and I Do Not Care about Sports

Although I actually do know a fair bit of sports trivia, I completely understand, because I feel the same way about those questions which you'd only know the answer to if you lived in Britain (I don't).

My criterion for a good quiz show is how many questions they get in per episode. Basically anything that involves a cash prize fails in that regard. University Challenge is non-stop rapid-fire questions for half an hour; Only Connect is slower paced, but the questions take longer to figure out.

Pointless kind of fails horribly under that criterion, but the interesting format and wonderful chemistry between Alexander and Richard makes up for it.

I like quiz shows that aren't as luck-of-the-draw-based (Millionaire, Family Feud/Fortunes) and reward you for having lots of knowledge (Pointless, Jeopardy).

By the way, what do you think of Jeopardy?

My mother and I adore Pointless, and watching it while drunk in the early hours of the morning was one of the many bonding activities that brought me and my college friends together. My only pointless answer was in a round where they gave a list of famous musicians and you had to name their biopic. Apparently, Britons don't know their Cole Porter like I do.

My housemate and I ship Richard and Xander so hard. He has the cover of a TV magazine with X&R on saying 'TV'S GOLDEN COUPLE' pinned to his door (by me).

It could really use more questions (all Central African Republic, all the time), but picking the couple you like most (so many times I've been horribly let down and assumed a pair were a romantic couple and then they were siblings or something) and cheering them on is brilliant fun.

And knitted dolls kissing each other :D

I watched an episode tonight, and apparently 50 people out of 100 were unable to identify the Leaning Tower of Pisa. British public, what are you doing with your lives?

iplayer! :o though the reason I don't watch it much anymore is because it's boring if it's not either on TV or with someone else.

Yeah, I think it would be a bit boring to watch it on my own.

apparently 50 people out of 100 were unable to identify the Leaning Tower of Pisa. British public, what are you doing with your lives?

After only 92 people could recognise the Queen, I was surprised more people than that recognised Elvis Presley.

Personally I enjoyed the one where only 90 or so people could identify a picture of the Earth from space.

Back
Top Bottom