• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Great Pokemon Hunt

I just caught my shining Snorunt. At 10. :D And the patch didn't even sparkle.

Good timing; my chain broke at 11.

Now I'm looking for a shiny male Nidoran...

Catching pokemon is a real toughy sometimes, particularly pokeradar chaining to get shinies, apparently there is a system to it but it never seems to work for me. Man how I would like a shiny budew!

I managed to find a Miltank, Tauros, and Farfetch'd in the course of 10 minutes while playing Gold.

I've never been able to catch a Kangaskhan (or a Dratini, but my friend has a Dragonite to trade). I have a dangerous idea I could use it for.

Nidoran in Platinum, both genders. And while I'm mentioning those PokéRadar folks, Doduo and Hoppip as well, the latter really bugging me. I've usually had good luck and never needed to hunt for over an hour, but this Hoppip? Two hours! Argh! >.>

But shinies? Oh god, those things must hate me ;-;
I only have one, and I caught her in Sapphire. That happened to be a lucky day for me, because right before I encountered her, I caught Latias <3

Hmmm, where to begin? I suppose I could start with Latios in emerald. You would never how long I spent walking in and out of the daycare, checking Latios's dex location, battling it, using Crobat's mean look, Crobat fainting and Latios fleeing. Eventually I got fed up and traded myself a high-level Wobbuffet I caught in Fire Red's Cerulean Cave for this exact purpose. Roaming legendaries hate me. I haven't even seen Entei in Fire Red. And of course, Platinum's Moltres. I spent ages trying to find and catch it. Eventually one night I decided to give it a shot and wasted a lot of money buying 30 Dusk Balls, only to catch it on the first one.

Other than roaming legends, recently Unown K proved a problem for me. I was trying to get all Unown types, and other than ! and ?, K was last one. It took me forever, but I did find a Shiny Unown P in the process.

Last edited:
Tauros, in Blue. It's been 6 years and I still haven't found the goddamn thing...

Same here. I'm probably just lazy though. Similarly, I never got Chimecho at Mt. Pyre. Also, I'm not sure if this counts but I've been looking for an Adamant Ditto for ages now. I've caught at least 80 Dittos over all my Gen 3 and 4 games including 5 Lax natured ones and countless neutral natured ones.

I've been searching for a Kangaskhan (and a Tauros, but that's not a big deal) for I have no idea how long. I've managed to catch a Chansey, however.

My attempt at catching a Chansey on Leafgreen took me days.
They kept showing up, but they never stayed in the darn safari ball -.-
The other Safari Zone Pokémon I didn't have much trouble with.

Catching a male ralts on Platinum took me a while. They kept using teleport whenever they showed up.

On Sapphire, Relicanth takes me about an hour each time. Wailmer that are close to level 40 don't like me, except for that one time when I caught a level 45 one. After getting the Wailord and Relicanth, the first two regis are easy to catch. The last one always takes forever >.>

For some reason, I always find Relicanth when I'm not looking for them.

Searching for a female Ralts took a while for me. She was the last one I needed on my team, and for some reason, I kept finding males.
Also, to this day, I am still searching for a female sassy Ralts / good-natured Surskit on Sapphire.... and I haven't succeeded for a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom