• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fantasy hold items

Superbird

Fire emblem is great
We all know hold items, right? Right. Now, hold items are often quite useful, adding extra healing or boosts in a pinch, or providing temporary extra abilities or resistances. So, what kinds of hold items do you think really ought to be added to the Pokemon franchise?

The one I would probably most like to add is the Hard Hat, as I call it. It would basically act like Rock Head in item form, preventing moves' recoil damage for the holder.

It might also be kinda cool if there were some item that extended the duration of Trick room when that move is used by the holder.

I would add better versions of the Pokemon-exclusive hold items. Like, the Stick advancing critical-hit ratios and Attack instead of just crits.

Another thing I'd like to see (which isn't actually an item) is to actually see the items in battle.

How 'bout an item that lets Protect and Detect have a higher chance of succeeding?

Or an item that can prevent a move like Miracle Eye or Foresight from being used on the respective types?

I would like one-time-use "choice" items; that is, for instance a "choice scarf" that breaks after your first use.

I would like one-time-use "choice" items; that is, for instance a "choice scarf" that breaks after your first use.

as in a one-off boost? one-off specs and band would generally be mostly superior to gems. the scarf is the odd one out, and ... tbh I wish there were more ways to improve speed wih items.

as in a one-off boost? one-off specs and band would generally be mostly superior to gems. the scarf is the odd one out, and ... tbh I wish there were more ways to improve speed wih items.
I half-forgot about the gems. But yeah, I'm mostly interested in the speed.

I'd like to see Earmuffs or something like that, which would grant Soundproof to the holder.

I would like that just because it's cuuuuute :3

To be honest, I'd just prefer fewer held items, and items in general. Would the world be so worse off without stupid Deepseascales and Dubious Discs? All the new, silly evolution items irritate me. Yes, Nintendo doesn't want to retcon the old games and have Eevee be unable to evolve into Leafeon with a Leaf Stone in Gen I where it would make sense for it to in later ones, but Earthquake hits Weezing in old games and they didn't mind changing that. I'm sick of going through my bag, trying to find an item of use (and plenty of new items are useful) and having to trawl through useless Plates and Relics of every description and things like Sticks, Quick Powders and Lucky Punches that I'm never going to use.

And I wish those kids would get off my lawn.

I would like an item that would do absolutely nothing but make the holder sparkle like a shiny, to confuse online opponents. Or an item that would swap the holder's color scheme because I'm sick and tired of breeding Ralts trying to get a shiny one.

Edit: woo post #666 on the new forum.

+10% from negligible tends to be still negligible. it is only roughly 1/11 of the negligibility space which becomes non-negligible with that increase.

Back
Top Bottom