• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Potential TWEWY sequel

bobandbill

Miror B FTW!
Most likely, anyways, but I find it hard to see that it's not happening. We'll find out within a week though!

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/
- the art is not too dissimilar
- subaseka is the condensed version of the Japanese name for TWEWY ('Subarashiki Kono Sekai')
- that music beat that plays seems in parts to be the same from the ingame song Twister.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

I didn't like TWEWY, but I'm really curious how they'll actually pull off a sequel as it didn't really seem to lend itself to one? Going from what I know about it, mind, since I didn't actually finish it.

If that is the case, I hope they make it for the regular DS so those of us who don't have the 200-someodd dollars for a 3DS can play it :3

But yeah, that was a great game and deserves a continuation. Too many loose ends and confusing things and
I hope the sequel concentrates on the angels or something instead of more players.

If that is the case, I hope they make it for the regular DS so those of us who don't have the 200-someodd dollars for a 3DS can play it :3

3DS has been out for a year and a half now. Also last KH was on 3DS, so it's pretty unlikely. It's really irritating when people who won't shell out the $140ish for a used 3DS complain about games not being made for DS. Maybe the people who actually did buy the system want games for it? It's perfectly understandable not everyone can afford to just go out and spend $100+, but it has been out for awhile now and the original DS marketed at $150 (and new 3DSs are $170) so if you had any sort of DS iteration and are complaining about the 3DS price, I'm not really feeling sorry.

3DS has been out for a year and a half now. Also last KH was on 3DS, so it's pretty unlikely. It's really irritating when people who won't shell out the $140ish for a used 3DS complain about games not being made for DS. Maybe the people who actually did buy the system want games for it? It's perfectly understandable not everyone can afford to just go out and spend $100+, but it has been out for awhile now and the original DS marketed at $150 (and new 3DSs are $170) so if you had any sort of DS iteration and are complaining about the 3DS price, I'm not really feeling sorry.

I'm not expecting anyone to feel sorry, and I know that realistically I can't expect to be pandered to. I just like to complain and hope and I'm sorry if I offended anyone. (Also, my original DS was a gift from someone who is now dead, which explains why I have one from then but can't afford one now.)

In more relevant news, it seems everyone and their brother is assuming the teaser website absolutely means there's a sequel coming out. As much as I'd love that, I feel like that's a bit presumptuous.

- that music beat that plays seems in parts to be the same from the ingame song Twister.

Actually, it's closer to "Calling" than "Twister". But anyway, I'm hoping this is a sequel. Perhaps it could be a game set in a different area? I agree that there were a lot of loose ends, though, so I'm excited for this.

So excited! I hope they manage to live up to the quality of the first game--it'll be mighty tough. They did leave themselves plenty to work with for a sequel, and I'd enjoy seeing them do more with the angels/larger structure of the Reaper's Game, if they were to go that route. I actually think it would be pretty cool if they were to set the game somewhere entirely different and feature a different Reaper's Game than the Shibuya one--though I think that's pretty unlikely to happen.

aaaaaah get hype

I'm hoping for a game focusing on other characters than Neku and such above all? I thought TWEWY's cast got a good (if loose) ending but eh. (Also the BGM on that site is better than the Kingdom Hearts remixes that's a good sign right)

But yeah, knowing more about the Reaper's Game would be great :O!

Actually, it's closer to "Calling" than "Twister".
It was more like Twister originally (as in, the very base beat sounded like it, which was all that was playing at the time as they're adding a layer of music each day, although some people also say that changed so go figure). It's most like Calling now, certainly, which is also good because I love the heck out of that song.

I think it's likely going to end up on the 3DS myself, although I wouldn't rule out it being on the WiiU either.

One way I'd like to see it done would be playing as a Reaper; lots of potential there.

I'm trying to remember how the first game wrapped up, but it's been a while... I should really re-play it sometime. I'm excited about the idea of a sequel though! The universe of TWEWY was really intriguing and I'd love to know more about the reaper's game.

I do really like the idea of playing as a reaper. Then you'd be able to tread new ground instead of rehashing elements of the same story. Playing as a newbie reaper trying to work your way up the ranks would be neat. Although I am really attached to Neku, Shiki, Beat and Rhyme...

Oh yeah, and I wanna know if Sho is really dead or not!

Last edited:
Oh yeah, and I wanna know if Sho is really dead or not!

It's theorized that he actually survived because of what Mike said, but his body also could've been left behind to actually show he got "crunched"; if his body just dissolved into static then all you would've gotten is "look, random junk heap, let's keep going" which is a lot less satisfying, I think. But yeah, it's possible sequel material.

On another note, now that more has been added to the music, it actually sounds like some sort of Calling/Twister mashup. Pretty cool.

Hmm, I suppose it'll be a bit like Re:Coded then? Not quite what I hoping for, but may give it a shot depending on its reviews.

So dismayed.

At least they didn't decide to make an actual new game that was iOS-exclusive; then I would actually be angry.

To sum up the general reaction, you can see how many likes/dislikes the video has on the site. 280... to about 2800 before they disabled it. WHELP

Pretty disappointing in the end given the whole countdown and claim to wait first by that translator. Unless more news comes later but I doubt it at this stage.

Think gameplay is going to suffer without 2 screens and it'd need reworking with some dialogue about it and the whole boss thing as well. Wonder what else would end up on the cutting floor too. Canon's already one of them with the partners being in the same plane during battles. And shiki as a pin? Abuh.

OH WELL not going to hurt my wallet at any rate!

To sum up the general reaction, you can see how many likes/dislikes the video has on the site. 280... to about 2800 before they disabled it. WHELP
I didn't see that, but that's pretty hilarious.

I guess as an upside I can try to badger my iPad-bearing friend into getting this... but if Square Enix decides to price it at > $10 or so, which I think they're often wont to do, that would be rather tricky. (And she has to finish Ghost Trick first. >_>)

Back
Top Bottom