• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Random Theory I've Got

Norm

Die, and be free of pain
I have a probably unlikely (but still possible) theory. Okay, look at this.

Red, Blue (1st Gen)
Yellow (1st Gen +)
Gold, Silver (2nd Gen)
Crystal (2nd Gen +)
Ruby, Sapphire (3rd Gen)
Emerald ( 3rd Gen +)
Fire Red, Leaf Green (1st Gen RE)
Diamond, Pearl (4th Gen)
Platinum (4th Gen +)
HeartGold, SoulSilver (2nd Gen RE)
Black, White (5th Gen)
B2W2 (5th Gen +)

You can see a pattern. For every generation, there is first: the main two games, then the extra game, then the remakes of the two games from two generations ago. The first two generations did not have these two remakes, because obviously there were no generations before them. So, following this pattern, I believe there may be 3rd Gen remakes before we get the sixth generation. I know, I might be pulling at straws here, but it's logical.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm Sorry I Thought That Was Obvious

Although there are people that don't think there's going to be RSE remakes, for reasons.

Hmm. I didnt't know at all that was common knowledge. I thought I just figured out a brilliant secret. Silly me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a probably unlikely (but still possible) theory. Okay, look at this.

Red, Blue (1st Gen)
Yellow (1st Gen +)
Gold, Silver (2nd Gen)
Crystal (2nd Gen +)
Ruby, Sapphire (3rd Gen)
Emerald ( 3rd Gen +)
Fire Red, Leaf Green (1st Gen RE)
Diamond, Pearl (4th Gen)
Platinum (4th Gen +)
HeartGold, SoulSilver (2nd Gen RE)
Black, White (5th Gen)
B2W2 (5th Gen +)

You can see a pattern. For every generation, there is first: the main two games, then the extra game, then the remakes of the two games from two generations ago. The first two generations did not have these two remakes, because obviously there were no generations before them. So, following this pattern, I believe there may be 3rd Gen remakes before we get the sixth generation. I know, I might be pulling at straws here, but it's logical.

Thoughts?

I'm Sorry I Thought That Was Obvious

And not only that, you even got the order wrong - Emerald was after FRLG. Congratulations.

Which when you factor that in means unless they announce remakes soon/break the pattern of remakes be released 10 years after the original we can forget about them since Ruby and Sapphire first released in Japan during November of 2002.

Thanks for pointing this out. Wow, I'm not surprised I didn't notice, but I guess I'm excited for Gen III REMAKES, especially Sapphire, because it's the only Hoenn game I haven't owned/played.

Personally, I don't think there should be RSE remakes, considering that FRLG and HGSS were made to allow 1st and 2nd gen pokemon to be compatible with the new generations. Just IMO, though.

I was wondering-- what if the, "big news," on January 8 is RSE remakes? Makes since to me, right? I mean, what else?

Personally, I don't think there should be RSE remakes, considering that FRLG and HGSS were made to allow 1st and 2nd gen pokemon to be compatible with the new generations. Just IMO, though.
With your logic, HGSS were unnecessary because it was possible to obtain all of the gen 2 Pokemon (barring Celebi) with gen 3 games and DPPt alone.

By that logic, RSE would be remade, since they're only compatible with the outdated DS, and the developers want everybody to have their newest stuff (which would make RSE being on the 3DS likely, now that I think about it.)

Back
Top Bottom