• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

I'm very interested to see how Team Flare plays out because they still revealed the legendaries first (or might-as-well-be-first, I don't remember if the starters happened first) and there's still a big deal being made about them.

The starters and legendaries were both revealed at the same time.

I haven't been keeping up very well, but this is all fairly interesting. Honedge reminds me too much of Rotom, and the Life/Death thing was inevitable before long. I like Pancham evo, Skrelp is frightening, Sycamore is good name. If they're making all these aquatic Pokémon, how about making old Mohac happy and make a dolphin Pokémon?

I like the seeming life/death motif here, but I think it's a bit much to make the "death" Pokemon a Dark-type, since they're trying to break the Dark-is-evil stereotype.

Death isn't evil, though. It's a necessary part of the world. Overpopulation is pretty horrific already, but imagine how bad it would be if nothing ever died.

Also, Dark is actually called "Evil type" in Japan. Yet there's never been very many (if any) Dark-types that seem truly "evil"... most are just sneaky or are known to fight dirty. Half the time they're barely any different from the sneakier Normal-types (compare Meowth/Persian and Purrloin/Liepard. Which of these two families is known for stealing and sneaking and using dirty tricks in combat? Oh yeah... both of them.) Some aren't even malevolent in the slightest and only have bad reputations due to people misinterpreting their powers (like Absol's ability to sense upcoming disasters being misinterpreted as it causing them.)

Those rumours seem pretty suspicious, and some of them conflict the more credible leaks (the Pokebeach ones that have been very accurate).

Talonflame being the middle stage in its evolution chain? I wouldn't think that's very likely, since Talonflame looks very much like a last stage and not a middle stage.

A lot of the names are really awkward and hard to pronounce (Kinduples? Apothingo?).
The description of Fennekin's supposed final evolution (with the will-o-wisp necklace) sounds an awful lot like one of those fake screenshots that had a Fennekin evo like that. :U

Sycamore being the champion would be pretty rad but these don't seem very legit (well, at least the Pokemon don't). :C

Has anyone been over to Pokemon.com and saw their updates? I heard that there wil uneven battles which in some battles you will only be allowed to use 1 Pokemon to face anywhere from 1-6 Pokemon. Also you will have Sky battles where Flying types can only be used. There will also be a feature where you can pet and groom your Pokemon yourself and actually play with it as if it were your real pet etc.:)

Hoard battles, Sky battles, and Pokemon-Amie. Little late to the party there, buddy.

I'm surprised there's little mention about the "scoop of the century" that CoroCoro said will be revealed in August (so a little less than two weeks, since we always get it leaked around the tenth of the month or so). What do you guys think it is? Since Game Freak's trying to get everyone hyped up for it, it'll definitely be something big. After all, the last time we got something with this much hype wss back in January when X and Y were revealed.

Pokemon Snap sequel? Hoenn remakes? Another Eeveelution?

That horse-racing/solitaire game or big XY info. They wouldn't announce a new Pokèmon game before XY is even out.

I don't think that there will be another Eeveelution after the short that aired with the movie.

Last edited:
Hoard battles, Sky battles, and Pokemon-Amie. Little late to the party there, buddy.

I'm surprised there's little mention about the "scoop of the century" that CoroCoro said will be revealed in August (so a little less than two weeks, since we always get it leaked around the tenth of the month or so). What do you guys think it is? Since Game Freak's trying to get everyone hyped up for it, it'll definitely be something big. After all, the last time we got something with this much hype wss back in January when X and Y were revealed.

Pokemon Snap sequel? Hoenn remakes? Another Eeveelution?

Yeah I kind of figured I might be a bit late as I just joined a few days ago. I have not seen anything new other than the tree Pokemon and the videos over on Pokebeach. (My home) so if I see something and it has not been mentioned here yet I will post it. Take note I can't post heavy stuff with my 3DS though XD.:)

So. Um. Mega Pokémon.

This better be fake because I'm just kinda sitting here with my jaw hanging open.

I

Is this like some in-game equivalent of Pokemon-EX? I don't quite know what to think about this. In the case of mawile and absol, I'd say it deals with the whole "give them an evolution already" but blaziken? Lucario? Do they really need to be more powerful? And evolving three times?

I dunno and I want to think it's fake but corocoro is pretty reliable.

So there's a new female gym leader who "holds the secret to mega evolution" and Pokémon who hold a mega stone have mega evolution?

I'm still not sure how to feel?!?

EDIT: Okay, the Torchic holding the stone might be event only?!? There's no pixiv fanart so it might be fake?!?

l_9a1df74f.jpg

I don't actually mind the concept of Mega Pokémon as far as I understand it right now. I mean, I presume it's a temporary power-up, like a form change, not like proper evolution, and the mega forms we're seeing so far (except Awakened Mewtwo) do a decent job of looking like their base Pokémon with some kind of temporary power-up applied. If it turns out to be a proper evolution kind of thing, where the Pokémon is permanently changed to the mega form, I'll be less happy.

But it might also be fake, so we'll see.

Well, considering it is an actual thing, Absol and Mawile will now not have evos under any circumstances so boo-hoo.

Question: in gen 5 we got that item that increases the defence and special defence of Pokémon that are still able to evolve. Does that mean that since it doesn't work on, say, Absol, that they'll never give it an actual evolution?

Unless they retcon it but if they to that then they might as well get rid of the need for incense to breed things that didn't exist in gen 2 and make the leaf stone evolve Eevee >:(

Question: in gen 5 we got that item that increases the defence and special defence of Pokémon that are still able to evolve. Does that mean that since it doesn't work on, say, Absol, that they'll never give it an actual evolution?

Unless they retcon it but if they to that then they might as well get rid of the need for incense to breed things that didn't exist in gen 2 and make the leaf stone evolve Eevee >:(
Well, only fully-evolved Pokémon have Ultra forms. And Absol has one. So we can probably expect no evo from Absol, or Mawile, for that matter.

I'm... surprisingly okay with this! The Mega forms/evolutions/whatever look pretty neat, especially Blaziken's and Mawile's (not to mention Ampharos finally growing that wool back!). :D

The fact that Mawile's Steel/Fairy typing is now confirmed makes me really happy! I've always liked Mawile but it wasn't really all that usable before.
yesssss

Gotta hope they don't have too many Mega evos/regular evos for old pokemon, though, wouldn't want this to be like 4th gen :U

EDIT: fingers crossed for a MegaShedinja; probably never gonna happen but I can dream, right? Sheddy needs more love. :C

Back
Top Bottom