• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

I don't actually mind the concept of Mega Pokémon as far as I understand it right now. I mean, I presume it's a temporary power-up, like a form change, not like proper evolution, and the mega forms we're seeing so far (except Awakened Mewtwo) do a decent job of looking like their base Pokémon with some kind of temporary power-up applied. If it turns out to be a proper evolution kind of thing, where the Pokémon is permanently changed to the mega form, I'll be less happy.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. I also don't like the idea of Blaziken getting something that Swampert/Sceptile don't, and even further than that, the Hoenn starters getting something that the Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos starters don't. But I also don't know if I like the idea of every fully-evolved Pokemon getting a Mega form.

on the plus side I'm mostly super excited by the designs for them, minus Lucario's, it looks messy to me. I also like the three new Pokemon, so that's good.

And now checking serebii's New Pokemon page and following the link to the MegaEvolution page, it pretty much states that they're temporary in-battle changes "different to evolutions and formes."

Gotta hope they don't have too many Mega evos/regular evos for old pokemon, though, wouldn't want this to be like 4th gen :U
I really doubt these mega forms are going to be taking up Pokédex slots, so they're hardly going to lead to that.

Ah, so I guess we're safe (for now). Temporary boosts feel a lot better than actual evolutions, so I definitely wouldn't mind seeing what other Pokemon get Mega Evolutions.
Outcasts like Volbeat and Illumise and some other poor critters might have a chance of being useful in battle if they're lucky enough to get this boost. :O

aaa I'm gradually getting more and more super excited for the games!
X/Y are going to be a really interesting ride considering that we're less likely to come across plot spoilers and such (what with the simultaneous release) !

I really like the Mega Pokemon. They're basically given Awakened Formes!

I love the new rabbit Pokemon (totally naming it Bugs), and the Electric/Fairy looks adorable.

Babygoat, yes

Agreeing with Omskivar and Butterfree here!

Now that I think about it, blaziken alone getting a mega form would be weird, but it didn't bother me just looking at it; swampert and sceptile will probably still get one (maybe this could indicate something about RSE remakes :D?) I love the designs of the mega pokemon; lucario's isn't that great, admittedly, but lucario isn't one of my favorite pokemon anyway so. I love mawile's (is sableye going to get one?)!

Horubii, meekuru, and dedenne are adorable.

ERMERGHERD MERGA FERMS!

But seriously the concept of these seems odd, but hey, MegaBlaziken, MegaLucario, and MegaMawile all look exceptionally cool. My primary concern is how they're going to affect the metagame I suppose. Like as is SB Blaziken is dangerous, but with an enhanced forme that likely has better stats, yikes. Oh and Adaptability on MegaLucario is ridiculous. Base 180 Aura Spheres or base 260 HJKs is OP as all heck.

There has to be some setback like a late startup or limited turns per battle or something.

Perhaps they use up PP faster? I agree there has to be some setback, especially in the case of lucario.

These all actually look really cool and if there are more that'd be great. I hope a few other legendaries get this, because it looks like a fun new change as long as it's not permanent.

My first thought was "wow, that's the most obvious ripoff of Digimon ever." Think about it: new "evolved forms" which are temporary transformations used in battle, usually look like bigger/tougher/more-elaborately-detailed versions of the previous form (but occasionally come across as smaller or less-threatening in appearance instead--such as Mewtwo vs. Awakened Form Mewtwo/Mega-Mewtwo), and are all named "Prefix(Name)." If that doesn't sound exactly like Digimon's higher evolutions to you, you must not have ever seen Digimon.
("Mega(Name)" is even a common evolved-form name among Digimon... though it is a pretty generic prefix and is used for powered-up forms in a lot of other series, too.)

My second thought was... are they trying to call back to the old "Pokégod" rumors from the R/B/Y days? New evolved forms of already-fully-evolved Pokémon (sometimes even those with 3 stages already), mostly popular ones, which have their own special evolution method and a new stone associated with them... anyone else remember those old rumors of secret evolutions for Charizard/Blastoise/Venusaur/Raichu/Gengar/Butterfree/etc. and a hidden item called the "Mist Stone?"
It's going to be pretty funny if the list of first-generation Pokémon that get these "Mega Evolutions" is exactly the same as the list that had fake evolved forms back in the day.

I'm starting to wonder if they're intentionally adding things that are more and more ridiculous as a test of just how blindly loyal the Pokémon fanbase is.
My guess is that dual-type moves are next on the "how far can we go before the fanbase self-destructs" list, considering that (if I'm remembering right) they were mentioned in the same batch of rumors that first mentioned Fairy type, Mawile's new type combination, sky battles, some names, etc...

i'm actually pretty excited! something to change up the battles a little is welcome to me!

(that ampharos though

"i am finally beautiful")

Can I please have a like button on these forums, simply because of your post...

We have the reputation system, Lirrus.

We've got all these confirmed Pokebeach rumors, and yet no Espurr as of yet. Come on, that's the one thing I really want.

The only thing I really don't like about Mega-evolution is the name. In Pokemon, evolution refers to a permanent change, not something temporary. They could have gone with mega-formes or something and it would make a lot more sense. Other than that, I'm pretty neutral on the whole thing :unsure:

Now on to my reactions to the new Pokemon:

Dedenne- Pika-clone, Yay! *huggles* and it's cute, too.

Bunnelby- It's a bunny. That's about it.

Skiddo- Soooo cute! I want one :love:

I was actually confused on the website because what they were calling base stats is what we call EVs. It also mentioned that there's a meter on the right that shows the limit to the new effort training, but I don't know if that means that Super Training has a limit like Vitamins or if it's just the normal EV limit.

Guys if you want accurate information please stay tuned to Pokebeach's main page. Everything that WPM posts there is all true. Anyway the Mega forms are for battle use only and there is only a handfull of Pokemon that can Mega Form. The ones that can off the top of my head are :

Blaziken
Mewtwo
Amphros
Lucario
Absol

There is 1 or 2 more that can also mega Evolve but I can't remember them ATM.

When they are in mega form certain stats are boosted throught the battle so they re stronger than normal. Some of the Mega Stones ill be throughout the Kalos Region and others will be event only. Not sure if they will be a 1 time use. If they are I will certainly get these cloned before I use these items. I like this idea though but seriously keep Pokebeach as your #1 source for news. Hope this is not bad to post this to help you guys but I don't want any warnings for telling you guys. I just want you guys to know the most accurate news possible. That is the best place for news and they are always right. Someone consider making them an affiliate here if possible because they are good.:)

Or just go to the main site. I'm sure everyone here is updated; the confusion was before we got official English confirmation and translations.

EDIT: The official Japanese site says that you can only have 1 Mega Evolution on your team at a time.

Last edited:
EDIT: The official Japanese site says that you can only have 1 Mega Evolution on your team at a time.

I also read something saying they revert back to normal after the battle finishes, which makes this a very interesting new mechanic and now i'm even more excited for x and y.

MegaKangaskhan

tumblr_mrbp3jqdhm1qckwxco1_500.png

tumblr_mrbp3jqdhm1qckwxco2_r1_500.jpg

It has the ability "Parental Bond" which allows it to attack twice.

Last edited:
Holy crap, the baby came out.

Well, there goes an chance of having it as a separate Pokémon. Oh well.

After battle all mega Pokemon Revert back to normal.Does the Japanese site show everything in English? Ifnot use another site like I described yesterday. I don't want to mention the site again. I don't want a warning for doing so. If I ever do mention a site I usually only do it like once but try not to or even link to it. Anyway. I bet all if not most Pokemon will Mega Evolve XD.:)

Back
Top Bottom