• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

If it's alright, I would just like to pop in and say that after who knows how long of being a terrible person and hating ponies and such I actually watched the show, and now I absolutely love it.

Just goes to show what happens if you keep an open mind :D

Also how can people not be posting here still? XD

If it's alright, I would just like to pop in and say that after who knows how long of being a terrible person and hating ponies and such I actually watched the show, and now I absolutely love it.

Just goes to show what happens if you keep an open mind :D

Also how can people not be posting here still? XD

Well Equestria Girls just came out. I doubt anyone here has seen it, though. Heard it was good.

I found and downloaded a torrent for the first 30 minutes. Crap quality, though.

"It was good"?! Ugh.

This is how I feel about Equestria Girls.

Also, a question for the floor.

In Apple Family Reunion, how long did it take you guys to realize that the two shooting stars represented Applejack's (dead) parents?

also Fluttershy/Rarity shipping is growing on me

Also, a question for the floor.

In Apple Family Reunion, how long did it take you guys to realize that the two shooting stars represented Applejack's (dead) parents?

I'll have to give a negative answer since I was spoilered before I saw that episode.

This is how I feel about Equestria Girls.

Are you serious?

No, really. I find it really demanding of people who dismiss Equestria Girls solely for that reason. Just because the writers like McCarthy wrote some of the better episodes of MLP: FiM does not mean they're to be forced to make everything great.

Have you and the article writer completely forgot about the climax, where
Sunset finally put on Twilight's Element and transformed into a fucking demon?
When the ranter implied that there wasn't an epic battle of good versus evil, was he completely blind as to forget
when Sunset flat out tried to kill Twilight and the magic of friendship (ie, the pure goodness that came about when all five friends tried to protect Twilight, even if it meaned sacrificing themselves to do so) is what defeated not only Sunset Shimmer, but the evil inside her?

Honestly, just because it's not perfect doesn't mean you should dismiss it as bad. So quit your bitching and see the glass as half full rather than half empty.

Anyway, I watched it on Youtube, and I enjoyed it. The songs were catchy as hell, and now they're stuck in my head. Which is a good thing for me. :D

Are you serious?

No, really. I find it really demanding of people who dismiss Equestria Girls solely for that reason. Just because the writers like McCarthy wrote some of the better episodes of MLP: FiM does not mean they're to be forced to make everything great.

Have you and the article writer completely forgot about the climax, where
Sunset finally put on Twilight's Element and transformed into a fucking demon?
When the ranter implied that there wasn't an epic battle of good versus evil, was he completely blind as to forget
when Sunset flat out tried to kill Twilight and the magic of friendship (ie, the pure goodness that came about when all five friends tried to protect Twilight, even if it meaned sacrificing themselves to do so) is what defeated not only Sunset Shimmer, but the evil inside her?

Honestly, just because it's not perfect doesn't mean you should dismiss it as bad. So quit your bitching and see the glass as half full rather than half empty.

Anyway, I watched it on Youtube, and I enjoyed it. The songs were catchy as hell, and now they're stuck in my head. Which is a good thing for me. :D

Okay, first and foremost, I apologize for offending you (if you are, in fact, offended).

Now then:

I wrote that rant myself.

1) I don't think everything M-Mac and the team come up with has to be amazing, but when a high standard has been set, if the result doesn't, in my view, live up to it, I feel disappointed. It's not just MLP:FiM - I feel this way about, for example, Metallica post-Black Album (other than Death Magnetic) or Aerosmith post-Get a Grip (other than I Don't Want to Miss a Thing).

2) I never said that there wasn't an epic battle in it - in fact, the climax was just about the only bit I enjoyed. I'm saying that, for a full-length film based on a show with such elements, they could've (and, in my opinion, should've) gone more in that direction rather than giving it an ordinary high-school setting.

3) I wanted to see it as half-full, you know? It's just that it didn't meet my expectations, and I was disappointed by it. However, I did give it a fair chance and watched it with an open mind.

4) Yeah, the songs were probably my absolute least favorite part. Sorry...

And again, I apologize if I have offended you.

Okay, first and foremost, I apologize for offending you (if you are, in fact, offended).

Now then:

I wrote that rant myself.

1) I don't think everything M-Mac and the team come up with has to be amazing, but when a high standard has been set, if the result doesn't, in my view, live up to it, I feel disappointed. It's not just MLP:FiM - I feel this way about, for example, Metallica post-Black Album (other than Death Magnetic) or Aerosmith post-Get a Grip (other than I Don't Want to Miss a Thing).

2) I never said that there wasn't an epic battle in it - in fact, the climax was just about the only bit I enjoyed. I'm saying that, for a full-length film based on a show with such elements, they could've (and, in my opinion, should've) gone more in that direction rather than giving it an ordinary high-school setting.

3) I wanted to see it as half-full, you know? It's just that it didn't meet my expectations, and I was disappointed by it. However, I did give it a fair chance and watched it with an open mind.

4) Yeah, the songs were probably my absolute least favorite part. Sorry...

And again, I apologize if I have offended you.

Fair enough.

I didn't feel offended. I just couldn't fathom how you could think that way until you explained it like you did.

Thoroughly unimpressed with Equestria Girls. The demon thing at the end was pretty cool and unexpected, but everything else failed to wow me. Rainbow Dash was still blue and it was weird.

I don't follow the news on this kind of stuff much so although I was aware of Equestria girls, I didn't know it was a movie!

I probably won't be watching season 4 as it comes out since this year I'll have a roommate and for I know they might be a hater.

Also, I'm watching Pointless right now and the topic is "horse and pony breeds", I'm getting a lot of the good answers thanks to MLP :P

So Season 4 of MLP debuts on the same day the 50th Anniversary episode of Doctor Who airs. Well that's flipping awesome. Just saying.

So Season 4 of MLP debuts on the same day the 50th Anniversary episode of Doctor Who airs. Well that's flipping awesome. Just saying.

*still doesn't know what channel dr. who come's on...xD*

I can't wait to see more of twilight's life as an alicorn princess now...
:talking::grin::love:

With the new season coming up, this is a bit of a downer prediction, but I'll make my prediction anyway:

Season 4 will be terrible and MLP:FiM will jump the shark, once and for all.

You heard it here first.

I hope I'm wrong, but all signs point to this being the case, in my opinion.

So this isn't completely related to the show but I'm trying to transcribe the lyrics to 'Simply Have To Starve' from the Let's Ramble Over Pony Fantasy video series from YouTube (which i highly recommend watching by the way) and I would appreciate some assistance.

(A '(?)' means I'm not entirely sure, a '------' means I have no idea)

Oh, I won't be chasing catfish one the sandy shore
And nor will I give credence to your mini-chore
I scoff at the perception that you plan to draw me into this
And waste your time by dedicating doubtful joy in my remiss

Because I don't see reason to play on the beaches
And I simply can't be bothered
So you'll simply have to starve

I won't be making buddies with the beaches and the sand
And I really must be telling you this task is far to bland
Whatever has possessed to to assumptions so presumptuous
To think that you could cram this total crap in esophagus

Because I can't see reason to play on the beaches

I cannot find a reason to be pleased by finding rivulines
I really can't invest myself in factors that seposed me (?)
I'd rather crawl through dungeons with the riskiness and deadly traps
While blindly taking orders from a misbegotten treasure map

I try to fathom scooping up a bunch of angry snapper fish
And only wonder, thinking, why would the game would see this as my wish
It's hard to be a hero when you're smelling like a yeast infection
Thanks to all the sea-life that you've added to your new collection

I can't predict the value of obtaining straying vimbas (?)
But I also don't seem able to escape this hellish ------ (?) it has
Grown to my attention that I may conceive this circumstance
A propense(?) of alternatives to make this wretched game advance

I really can't see reason to play on the beaches
So you'll simply have to starve!

Yes, flute us home.

I don't see any difference in devarios or diamondbacks
And don't know if this region carries mackerels or yellowjacks
There's really no denying that I can't refuse this mini-game
I must be catching lenoks even if I deem it very lame

You've forced my hand to action despite all my ministrations