• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you had been born the opposite sex, what would you have been named?

Leah, which I've always thought is a horrible name (no offense to any Leahs out there).

My actual name is Stefan (pronounced steh-fawn), which I think is rather nice :T

Michael Lewis. I quite like Michael and would consider it for my own children but Lewis would be after my birth father, which would've pissed me off immensely.

Kohkah'v.

It's Hebrew for star, my current name is the Hebrew word for life ^^ (dammit now you're going to Google "hebrew word for life" to find my name >|)

Yes my parents were going to name me a star if I was a boy.

Last edited:
Kohkah'v.

It's Hebrew for star, my current name is the Hebrew word for life ^^ (dammit now you're going to Google "hebrew word for star" to find my name >|)

Yes my parents were going to name me a star if I was a boy.

Both your real name and boy-name are really unique. I do enjoy seeing all the different names here :)

I think I asked my parents about this once. They said I would've been called Rachael or Indi. Both of which are rather nice names, in my opinion.

I haven't posted here? Insanity!

I'd have been Alexandra. Being Alexander now, it's pretty clear what mother had set her mind on.

Let's see...
Seeing as my first name is Daniel, I would most likely be named Danielle.
(There have been ignorant people that thought "Daniel" was pronounced like "Danielle" for some reason.)

I think I asked my parents about this once. They said I would've been called Rachael or Indi. Both of which are rather nice names, in my opinion.

oh my gosh

What.

I AM INDI(GO) :o

or actually whatever the Hebrew word for life is ;D

Let's see...
(There have been ignorant people that thought "Daniel" was pronounced like "Danielle" for some reason.)

That doesn't sound...right :o

Just because your current name is Daniel does not mean you'd be named Danielle; it's just the female counterpart.

...that wasn't very clear D:

Your parents may have wanted to name you something completely different if you were a girl, mhmm?

If you're a Rachael, you have to put up with it being spelled 'Rachel' or, by morons like myself, 'Racheal' all the time, which I imagine would get old. And when I hear 'Indi', all I can think of is 'indie films' and 'indie music'.

Let's see...

Over here, at least, Daniel is "Dan-yull", while Danielle is "Dan-yell". Nobody ever pronounces Danielle properly, with three syllables (Dan-ni-ell), myself included.

That doesn't sound...right :o

Just because your current name is Daniel does not mean you'd be named Danielle; it's just the female counterpart.

...that wasn't very clear D:

Your parents may have wanted to name you something completely different if you were a girl, mhmm?

Maybe that's why he said "most likely" instead of "they would have". I didn't see any issues with it.

Back
Top Bottom