• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dame Celebi's No-Love Challenge!

Hawlucha Fanatic

Mexican. Wrestler. Bird!
Pronoun
she
Hello, everyone! It's time, I feel, for a new Pokemon challenge - the No-Love Challenge!

Everyone's got that Pokemon they hate, be it Zubat or something else. It's not necessarily about power or versatility - it can be "ugh this Pokemon is UGLY" or "GO AWAY, ZUBAT". This challenge takes those Pokemon and forces you to use 'em, making you build a team unlike any other you've ever had.

Here are the rules:
  1. You may only use a Pokemon you haven't used before in a team.
  2. Name all of your Pokemon.
  3. Take your Pokemon up to the Championship - or, in G/S/C/HG/SS, Red.
  4. HM Slaves are allowed.
  5. If you see a shiny, but it's a Pokemon you've used before, then catch it but DON'T put it on your team. If you've never used it before, then hey! Shiny on your team!

For the record, I did this on HG, and it was surprisingly fun. My usual battle style is "hit it till it dies", so it was a fun challenge to use Pokemon who don't normally do that - for example, spamming Confuse Ray with my Crobat.

If you try it, then do post your progress - I'm curious to see what others think of my challenge!

Butbut despite the fact that everyone hates zubat and bidoof, they're actually surprisingly decent in their last stages. It would kind of defeat the point of a challenge.

I don't hate bidoof/zubat. :\ The only pokemon I really hate are the b/w starters and some of the mew-legendaries (celebi, meleotta, etc.) and it'd be annoying to get them all in the same runthrough. And arceus. Plus it wouldn't be a difficult game.

You could just use pokemon you haven't used before; I did that in my last HG run and it was really neat.

I do that in nuzlocke/monotype challenges. :D So much so that there are nearly none (or possibly literally none) that I haven't used yet...

My team would be strong since it would have Blissey.

No wait... Blissey totally sucks for in-game play.

What I'd really like to do is to use Pokémon I like. For example, in HGSS (my favourite game), you can't get any of the Pokémon in my sig before the Elite Four (and Spiritomb you have to trade one from D/P/Pt). There's no fun in that, and it's something I always hated in the Pokémon games.

It would be hard, if I decided to do this. I'd probably have to use just my starter until I find a pokemon I don't like/haven't used. Which will be a while. I'll probably have to use HG.

I have actually attempted before to use pokemon in any given team that I would not usually. Not an entire teams worth but just the same.

Back
Top Bottom