• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DREAMS.

I had a dream that there was another after story to the visual novel Clannad where Tomoya gets together with Kotomi, who still ends up studying abroad. To help cope with the long distance relationship he ends up visiting Sunohara a lot more often after graduation, despite now living a train ride away.

I had one where I was in the shop and the lights went out. I found an area with light, and realized that I had two shadows. Then three. Four. Six. I stood there, being all expectant. Then the shopkeeper said: "Are you going to buy anything?" I said: "I'm dead." And then I realized that I had so many shadows because the lights were back on.

Last night, I dreamt a human being in a tuxido got in a 'hello war' with a monkey. Then the manipulative chimp became a multi millionair for the drama he caused. o.O;

Anyways, the monkey spent ALL the money on a litter box sand castle for a kitten.

Awwww... :')

I was playing a GBC Pokémon game and I was in Viridian Forest (but the music was the version from FRLG) and a bug catcher battled me, and he had the Team Rocket battle music from GSC. He sent out a Slowbro and I knew it was a Slowbro even though it looked nothing like one. It looked more like a panda that had been drawn in MS paint using the oval tool. Also it was so big it couldn't fit on the screen even without the fight/items/pkmn/run bar at the bottom.

I dreamt that HAL Laboratory decided to go into the console business, making their mascot Kirby. Their first foray into the console business was a console named either The Krystal Kirby or The Krystal Dreamcast (the name seemed to vary); when I woke up and was still groggy I decided that the machine's design should be Kirby swallowing a Dreamcast. Anyway, this console had been released during the 360/PS3/Wii era, and I owned the console because of my insistence on owning every Kirby game, even though fewer than 2 million had been sold in the US. Return to Dreamland was on this console (when I woke up and remembered that no, Return to Dreamland was a Wii game, was when I realized this was a dream), but that wasn't enough to sell consoles. In the dream, I was worrying that the console's poor sales would lead it to become a third-party vendor (clearly forgetting that HAL is exclusively Nintendo, with some older exceptions) and that no more Kirby games would be published on Nintendo consoles. (And even though I wish to own every Kirby game ever, I'm still a bit of a Nintendo loyalist; if for whatever reason a Kirby game were to come out exclusively on a competing platform I'd probably not get the console.) In the dream, I apparently was thinking that HAL wasn't exactly "loyal" to Nintendo, and that Pokémon games would never be published for anything but Nintendo systems, whereas Kirby might be.

I don't know either. I've been playing far too much Kirby as of late.

I remember 1.5 dreams I had last night. The first dream was where I was IMing the genius author named John Green. I barely remember it. The other dream is just this dream I have ALL THE TIME NOW where Jakey and I are at the mall, shopping together, and he helped me pick out clothes and told me what he thought about what I wanted to buy. And he would help me get the stuff that is all up high because I am short and he is tall. He is almost a foot taller than me! XD But instead of just getting the thing off the shelf, he would pick me up so I could get it. It was super sweet.

In real life, if we ever see each other, I would LOVE our first date to be at the mall because that would be so cute!

So I had a dream in which Davros turned Susan into the first Dalek, but she still had her soul. She was in some skyscraper on Skaro and summoned the Doctor.

I had a dream last night about X/Y. I doubt any of it contained true information, probably excluding the battle field.
We were at school (which for some reason had the same layout as a shopping centre near me) and one big room was full of 3DSes. We spent an entire lesson playing through the demo of X/Y. This wasn't like the demos for GS/RS, where you were dumped with a random Pokemon in the middle of an area, you actually started the game properly, with the freedom of the actual thing. For some reason, there were different files on it. We played through the the first hour of the game and then we had to stop because the demo finished. I don't remember much of anything else, though.

Two dreams the other night. In one, I was walking into a classroom where these two girls were talking about fighting monsters or something along those lines, and I just told them that reminded me of high school and showed them a scar on the back of my right hand as I passed by them on the way to the front of the class (...I actually have that scar... though I got it in elementary school, not high school.) I think I may have been a teacher in this dream, for some reason. A teacher who didn't find it weird that the students were talking about getting into fights with monsters, apparently.

The other one: I was kicking a ball around in my yard with some other people (don't remember who.) I somehow managed to kick the ball up and over a huge tree, and it kept going all the way to the other end of the yard, which doesn't seem like it should be physically possible (I have a pretty big yard.) The next time I kicked it, the ball went up in the air really high and then turned around like a boomerang and dive-bombed into the water nearby.

Even my "normal" dreams end up weird in some way. XD

I had this very strange dream that I was watching one of the new (read: season 4) episodes of MLP, and it seemed like they wanted to foray into the horror genre for a short time.

It started out with that no one could find Granny Smith, and yet despite that it seemed as if she was still having mild physical influence on Ponyville. No one was quite sure what had happened. Well, until other ponies started randomly disappearing.

It seemed like the ponies were still physically present - they were in Ponyville - only they really couldn't interact well with the world around them, if they spoke they couldn't be heard, they couldn't be felt, so nopony knew that they were there, really, even if they were right next to a non-disappeared pony.

It was a Cutie Mark Crusaders-centric episode - well, them and Twilight Sparkle, anyway, who were taking refuge elsewhere in Ponyville, along with several others. But before anypony was really aware of what was happening, Applebloom went back to the farm to get something.

And four days later hadn't come back.

(Well, more accurately, she did return, but nopony could notice because of the weirdness of this invisibility thing.)

Twilight determined that whatever this was, it was contagious, and from then on made a point to protect herself from the other ponies - they were all taking refuge in the same space, after all. The camera left the refuge place temporarily (I can't remember why) and when it returned, Sweetie Belle had vanished, leaving a very despondent Scootaloo huddled on the floor. When Twilight asked what had happened, Scootaloo said she'd just turned a minute ago and Sweetie Belle was suddenly gone. Twilight decided it was time to figure out what the hell this was, so she risked going back to her house in order to pick up every book she had about magic in the hopes of figuring out how to defeat this phenomenon. Whilst in there, she noticed a book about "strange critters", including "sandglass spiders". Dropping all the other books she picked up and realized that this was the phenomenon sweeping Ponyville.

The sandglass spiders were little creatures engineered by the Germanes a while before (well, in my actual dream it was Nazis, but...) that were intended to be used as camouflage. Only problem was that they reproduced a lot and clung to ponies like metal to magnets and wouldn't go away, making them absolutely useless for combat as the Germanes had never figured out how to get them to go away. But as this was a book on these creatures, it had a solution.

Which I don't remember because I then woke up. But in a half-asleep state I decided that if this were an actual MLP ep, that while searching for the solution in her library, Twilight would find that the sandglass spiders are attacking her. Thinking quickly, she time-travels back to when Twilight is still refuging at the wherever-they-are place and quickly warns past-Twilight not to go looking for the book at her place, but she tells past-Twilight of the name of the book and says "use alternate means to obtain it" before vanishing.

Past-Twilight then thinks for a few minutes before looking at Scootaloo, who is still huddled next to where Sweetie Belle used to be (unbeknownst to her, both Sweetie Belle and Applebloom are with her), and realizing quickly that odds are Scootaloo is actually immune to the sandglass spiders, since she's been huddled next to a vanished Sweetie Belle for quite some time and hasn't shown any signs that the sandglass spiders are on her. So Twilight tasks Scootaloo with going to her house (in this dream apparently Scootaloo can actually use her wings to fly; this is important because the sandglass spiders can't fly, so Twilight thinks the best way to avoid them heading back to her house is to fly over them) and finding the book on the sandglass spiders and bringing it back. Scootaloo is understandably scared out of her mind, but manages to pull it off successfully, so Twilight can figure out the solution to the sandglass spiders and get everyone in Ponyville back to normal.

In my half-asleep state, this event was supposed to lead to Scootaloo getting her cutie mark. But that doesn't make a lot of sense, so I decided that instead she'd just be the hero of Ponyville and earn the respect of everyone, including Rainbow Dash.

... idk either

sandglass spiders

I just love how as nonsensical as dreams can get, they also manage to come up with awesome names that are also somewhat consistent with the way things are named in canon.

Though I don't get good ones that often. The best thing I got recently was a jedi/sith power called "force aisle" that lets you create your own aisle in a supermarket that only you and people you trust can find.
So naturally I made an aisle 9 3/4.

Well, I dreamt I was talking to an internet friend while fighting a monster/video game boss on a Mario Galaxy-like planet. The creature was some shapeless, long thing covered in crystal-like "eyes" on both the upper and lower side of its body. The goal was to smash all of these eyes. Also, my friend was talking to me over Skype, saying that she didn't like this guy (as in, he did something bad?) and I agreed but apparently he could read this conversation from his skype account, either she talked to his user but I could still read/reply, or it was some skype group or something. At one point I fell of the planet after having crushed a bit of the eyes and had to start the fight over again.

I had a dream that at first involved some sort of... Book of Lost Inventions, or something. It was about people who came up with things first, but didn't patent them, things that were never realized, and even ideas that were forgotten.

Then there was some thing with several sound machines of different construction. They were behind some glass on a wall, but I could control them by moving my hand the way that would do it if I was touching them. Most of them only had records of cats meowing, and one just made a meow sound, with the squeaky bit lasting the whole time I held the lever down (telekinetically, I suppose).

Then there was one on which I was supposed to spin a thing, so I spun my finger around my ear. That one had music in the background. It started with distorted meows, but then someone was telling a story. Maybe a retelling of a Norse Mythology-based movie the speaker had seen, because there was a Valkyrie. The guy said she had a space suit, but he probably didn't know stuff and it was just an armor. And a male warrior who fought alongside her (probably with heavier armor) was described as a "really high-tech guy". Maybe the silly man thought he was a cyborg.

Then... I think there was a part where I was lying in bed in a hospital, along with some other people. They were in other beds, of course. And a bit where we flew on blankets to a restaurant. I don't remember the food very well, but I know there was soda and ice cream. And then I sort of floated off through the walls, the background changed color, and I woke up in a different bed...

...but it was another dream. There was a sequence of dreams, with the similar wake-up sequences. In one, there were some giants that stood in some parts of a city and didn't let anyone out of a certain area because each of them had his territory beyond. Also my legs moved in a weirdly automatic way.

Well, after a long dream-within-dream sequence, I finally woke up in the real world. And you know what's weird?

The next time I fell asleep, I had another dream about being in bed in a hospital. Except that my legs were just clumsy and slow.

EDIT: Wow. So my mother was saying something about creepers from Minecraft that made me think of the Silence. That in turn reminded me of the dream I had the night before, but I couldn't remember what exactly happened in that dream. So I guess I had a dream about the Silence, but I forgot it.

Last edited:
This dream I just had is wildly inconsistent about whether I'm just observing or am actually a part of it. The parts where I'm just observing are supposed to have been the Doctor Who 50th anniversary episode. I'm also not sure what order these scenes happened in.

A bunch of investors gathered in a room and the people doing the presentation said "we give you... 24th century technology!" and revealed an hourglass which glowed and froze everyone who wasn't the presenters in place for 30 years. One of the people were was played by the same person as Neville Longbottom.
When we woke up we were told what year it was and I was like "Err, you said 24th century, so shouldn't it have been more like 300 years?" Although I think it was 'supposed' to be more like 2140.

The 9th Doctor was investigating it and for some reason he was wearing a brown not leather jacket. Rose happens to be there and sees him. Now I don't know what was supposed to have been going on here since this is clearly Rose after everything we've seen her go through, so I have no idea why she's back in our universe and why her upper lip wasn't broken due to injections.
Anyway Rose is really happy to see the Doctor and goes over to him but he ignores her and walks away. She follows him for a while but eventually they get to a place where they see a past version of the Doctor but a future version of Rose and he's doing something really terrible that upsets her or hurts her in some way. Rose understands that he's ignoring her so that in her future she might not go back to the Doctor and have that happen to her.
PROTIP, Doctor. If you don't want someone to get hurt by your actions in the future, don't lead them to a time and place where they'll see what happens! That's like, an amateur mistake.

Anyway at some point I realise that it isn't Christopher Eccleston playing him, it's just a lookalike that doesn't actually look like him at all. But they had done a good job of hiding it since I hadn't noticed until then.

Also at some point the Doctor was talking to Rose and telling her how impressed he is with her that ((Rose)*((Rose)^(transpose)))^inverse = (((Rose)^(inverse))^(transpose))*((Rose)^(inverse))
(I've been doing a lot of Linear Algebra work recently, okay!)

I got separated from the rest of the people who had been frozen in time and ended up walking to Cardiff bay (I guess the episode was set in Cardiff all along) and I saw that probably due to global warming, the seal level had risen enough to flood Roald Dahl Plass (the place where Torchwood is) and I got really sad. Also the Millennium Centre had started falling apart and I could see the Millennium Stadium a bit further in the distance half covered in water.
If the Millennium Stadium were actually there in real life though, it would already be half covered in water.

There was also another bit I can't remember very well where there was an alien or something that we had to find things for or explain things to but we were worried that we'd upset it.

There were lots of bits where I was walking through a gardeny sort of place with stone walls everywhere and ivy vines climbing them. In one of these parts I acknowledged to myself that this wasn't the real 50th anniversary episode since I was in it, it's obviously a dream. At this point it became lucid but as usual, I got so excited about this that I woke up about five seconds later.

And there's probably a lot more that I can't remember.

In which I eat at a diner/barbershop with a friend and decide to launch a rocket. Said rocket makes it to the moon, so we decided to follow it up. Apparently, no one had ever fired a rocket to the dark side of the moon, so we brought another rocket with us onto the moon, which was conveniently across the street. Then we launched it to the dark side of the moon and walked home, where we discovered that Obama would be coming soon to congratulate us.

First, I dreamt that my dad decided I could only be on the internet/computer 4 hours a day (it was unclear whether schoolwork and other important things also counted under this) and later I was in a city (unspecified city made up by the dream) talking to a friend, who thought it was really unfair. Later me and my friend were in this area with some tall poles/rods/sticks/something like that sticking up from the ground, with card-holders full of credit cards sticking out on one side, and to get down we had to climb down using these like stairs. One card fell out and I saw the picture on the back was a baby (or at least a very young child) and I wondered why someone would or was allowed to have that as their picture... or why a baby would have their own credit card.

Last edited:
I vaguely remember a dream last night where I found some sort of strange sports card type things... except the names were really weird. One guy was just named "Anus" (no last name or anything) and somebody else had a name that was pronounced "Benjaminion" (yes, like Benjamin and "minion" fused together) but was apparently spelled "BenjaminIandermz." There was also a second spelling of this guy's name which had a Y in it, also, but I can't remember that one.

I had another dream! Forgot a lot of it, so the stuff I do remember is probably all over the place.

At one point I was in an underground train station. To get onto one of the platforms I had to turn a key to open a door and run under the door before it closed. There wasn't a key on the other side. I thought what a stupid design for a door to be used by the public.

Later on I was at Isengard with a sidekick who was sometimes a dog and sometimes another person. I think it was like a Zelda game where you have a fairy/boat/swordthingy/hat/ghostzelda/etc to guide you everywhere. Isengard was covered in ice but I managed to get to the tower. I complained how many stairs there were to get up to where Saruman lives. Because obviously I expected it to have a lift or something.
Anyway at one point I got to a room where the floor was lava and the only way to get across was to climb on this rope that was stretching across. I got quite far before the rope started lowering and I almost went into the lava when I got on my motorbike (???) and rode across the rest to the other side. The lava disappeared.

I went into a small room where there was a ledge with a chest and a door to to next room on it. At this point it became quite a lot like Zelda. There was ice all over so I had to melt it. I couldn't manage to get the item in the chest, melt the ice, and get through the door before Saruman got back and my sidekick, either due to being a distractable dog, or dumb AI, drawing his attention to me. Every time that happened, I respawned just after the lava disappeared. At one point I managed to get through the door just after Saruman was alerted to my presence but because it's a video game now, he was 'unloaded' as soon as I got through the door.

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to progress since my sidekick also got unloaded. I was outside now and there were a lot of spinner tracks around. I fell down onto a lower area where a bunch of baddies in barrels started attacking me, and I got overwhelmed and before I respawned again I woke up.

So I had a dream where my laptop broke even more, and one of the hinges of my laptop breaks off, it just hangs there in the remaining one while the hinge-part can be moved back and forth (kind of hard to explain...) It still worked, though. Note that in real life, my computer has recently started falling apart (frame of screen cracks up)

Then a few days later, a corner in the back, next to the hinge, falls off, so if that's not a prediction of things to come I don't know (Good thing I've ordered a new computer)

I love it when dream me makes "logical" decisions.

We don't have any money? Better pretend I'm blind.
Someone else suggests we just eat at a restaurant and run away without paying when nobody's looking
Okay, but I better run away a bit after everyone else, because if I'm supposed to be blind, I wouldn't have noticed everyone ran away.

EDIT:
Okay how is it even possible for a dream to have a plot twist I didn't see coming when I was the one having the dream in the first place? I mean it'd make sense if the story of the dream suddenly changed for no reason, but this plot twist actually made sense!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom