• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

I'm not sure how I feel about the new type-effect changes :unsure: I do think that now is the right time to change things though, since it would have to change a little anyway for the new type.

As for the new Pokemon:

Quilladin- Really goofy looking, IMO.
Braixen- I would be happier if it was still on four legs, but I still like it :)
Frogadier- Is a bigger, stronger Froakie. Meh.
Tyrunt- Love the name.
Amaura- Ooo, pretty.
Furfrou- Really like the concept. It looks a little too serious to be the Pokemon with bright, cutesy hairstyles, though.
Meowstic- Cute kitties!
Pyroar- OMG I LOVE IT! It's a lion (I love lions), it's a fire-type (I generally like fire-types), and the gender difference is perfect :love:

BUhZphoCcAEL-xU.jpg
BUhleGNCQAA1WuU.jpg:large

Fossil evos. Discuss.

Aurorus is really pretty and I love the simplicity of the design. Tyrantrum looks delightfully pissed off, and I like the colour scheme :D
My sister already 'claimed' Aurorus, and I'm not sure yet if I want to replace any of my current do-want 'mons with Tyrantrum. Time will tell (and possibly the un-cropped full art).

Also: Aurorus learns a new move called Freeze Dry, which can freeze the opponent and it's also super-effective against water types!
Maybe it's one of those rumoured double-typed moves? :O

honestly i was really convinced aurorus was a fake. :| maybe I've just seen a lot of frilly blue long-necked dinosaur fakemon.

Regarding Freeze Dry-- many attacks have added effects, perhaps this is just one of them? Doubly typed moves would make things really complicated, and Pokémon generally appeals to a broad audience. That would change this.

Also, Tyrantrum is so much cooler, I don't see why anyone would pick Aurorus. It's so... dumb. A frilly diamond apatosaurus is not very interesting to me.

I completely forgot about that dinosaur. I used to be a dinosaur fanatic (before I was into Pokémon) and a creepy 3D illustration ruined my opinion of Amargasaurus.

Anyway, that changes things a lot? I guess it's sort of cool now. Better than a diplodocus or apatosaurus Pokémon.

Ok definitely getting aurorus I mean c'mon the prevo is the cutest thing and it has the coolest ability and hopeandjoy put it best it's an amargasaurus with aurora borealis sails how cool is that

I really like how they made the T-rex Pokémon really look like a tyrant lizard king. I mean, it has a crown and a beard and everything.

Aurorus is the best thing ever and I just want to ride it and hold it by the neck and aaaaaah <3

I actually like both of them a lot, but I think Aurorus will fit into my planned team better if I choose to use it.

I might not even use one of the fossil Pokemon, unless a Sand Stream Pokemon turns up. Then I might use the T-Rex Pokemon.

Aurorus continues to be pretty and Tyrantrum continues to be a T-rex. They really don't look that different from their pre-evolutions, IMO:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom