• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

Well, Hidden Power now has a base strength of 60, so that's probably how they're making room for Fairy.

But the type might change, yes.

Mega Banette is so cool. Too bad it's post game.

Yeah I was just looking at a few of the Pokemon and I was surprised of only 68 new Pokemon. That is lwss then half as many Pokemon for past generations. Looks like Fairy type weaknesses are only POISON & STEEL XD. That is not many type varieties but abilities on some Pokemon actually render other abilities useless during battle XD.:)

Just popped in to say that I really love a lot of the new animations for old moves, especially Calm Mind.

My pokemon are also super adorable in Pokemon-Amie, and it's really great that after petting and playing with them for a while, they can pretty effectively cure themselves from various status ailments (my Braixen, for example, has already cured itself from paralysis and poison, the latter on the same turn it got it). :O

Everything is really pretty and I'm thoroughly enjoying this! It was definitely worth it to sleep a bit crappily and wake up every half and hour or so to check whether the download had already finished. :P

Super training is the best thing since sliced bread. Super training is way better than sliced bread. I am so glad they introduced this as an alternative to EV grinding. Not only does it save time, but it's really, really fun.

My Braixen is "Supremely Trained" because I earned all the medals in Super Training. Does anyone know if this accounts for anything in game or is it just a nice little title?

It IS really fun. I spent two hours on it before the first gym. No regrets.

So what do people think of the new EXP share?

It IS really fun. I spent two hours on it before the first gym. No regrets.

So what do people think of the new EXP share?

I LOVE the new EXP share. It works so much better. I'm also grateful the on-screen text says "your team gained exp" rather than listing it for each Pokemon, because that was always annoying to scroll through.

So does anyone know a) if the male character can wear the female clothes, and b) if the female character get similar pants/jacket options to the male?

Similar questions for hairstyles. Last time I went for a haircut I didn't have an option for long hair.

I like the male defaults more but the whole point of customisation is so I can switch between characters I want to cosplay. And obviously it's not bound by gender. If the female can do the male clothes too then... it's better to restart before getting too far beyond the second gym/the torchic event expires right. :|||

I really really like pokemon-Amie, a lot more than I thought. It's a time waster, but the games are oddly fun. And my Amaura is arguably the most adorable thing so I think that contributes to it some.

Pokemon was my only reason for buying a DS and now it's my only reason for buying a 3DS. Damn you, Pokemon. :<

So does anyone know a) if the male character can wear the female clothes, and b) if the female character get similar pants/jacket options to the male?

Similar questions for hairstyles. Last time I went for a haircut I didn't have an option for long hair.

I like the male defaults more but the whole point of customisation is so I can switch between characters I want to cosplay. And obviously it's not bound by gender. If the female can do the male clothes too then... it's better to restart before getting too far beyond the second gym/the torchic event expires right. :|||

I don't have the game yet, but I just saw someone on my tumblr dash complaining that the clothing is gender exclusive.

Last edited:
Pokemon was my only reason for buying a DS and now it's my only reason for buying a 3DS. Damn you, Pokemon. :<

I don't have the game yet, but I just saw someone on my tumblr dash complaining that the clothing is gender exclusive.

It is.

So, I fully played with one of my pokemon in pokemon-amie (amaura) and I noticed some interesting things:

So far, there seem to be effects in battle. The text is different, the pokemon will occasionally look back. It has also survived an attack that should have knocked it out (several times now), evaded a move (with an additional message), and gotten a critical hit (with an additional message). It also seems to be receiving boosted exp. These effects don't seem to take place in any link battles, as far as I can tell.

Tch. Well at the very least it gives me less reason to restart. But destroying those abominations of fashion as the SHSL Fashion Girl still has lots of appeal.

Is there any way to get rid of your hat? I didn't have the option to take mine off. It's not like I'm getting rid of my pants, game.

The third gym was incredibly amusing to me. While at least one of the trainers had a machoke with foresight... the leader was entirely unable to harm ghost-types. My underlevelled honedge was too slow to kill things before they had a chance to move, but it didn't come to any harm anyway.

I have mixed feelings on how experience works now. They got rid of level ratio-based exp gain but they also nixed the mechanic of experience being split, i.e. if two pokémon participate neither individual gets less exp for it. That's probably necessary for the Exp Share to work the way it does, I guess. For going through the game it's probably normally much better, but... there are so many pokémon I want to rotate onto my team that fall behind way too quickly.

Also, the thought of using a sword to cut down trees was amusing to me at first... now that I'm actually using honedge, I kind of regret the choice, though.

Super Training got even better. You can reset your Pokémon's EVs. Let me repeat that. YOU CAN RESET YOUR POKÉMON'S EVS.

I am loving this generation so much.

Me and ultraviolet have been trying to trade, but it doesn't work. It attempts to connect and then it just says "an error has occurred", no error code or anything. (The problem's on her end because I can trade with random strangers just fine, but she can't get it to work with anyone.) We can send O-Powers and stuff, but trading/battling doesn't work. Anyone have any idea why? Do you have to reach a certain point in the game before trading becomes available, or...?

WARNING! Don't save in Lumiose City outside buildings!
I came across a tumblr post saying that some people have reported the game freezing completely upon loading when they had saved somewhere in Lumiose City (i.e. not inside a building but in the city). I thought I'd spread the word since I don't really want anyone to have to deal with something like this. D:
It apparently doesn't happen with everyone, but better safe than sorry.

I hope the people who have been affected have reported this issue to Nintendo so that they could patch this thing up.

Back
Top Bottom